Advice wanted for 4 new aircon units

SGD

16 hours ago, bankruatsteve said:

Well, I stand corrected then. Do you know how that works? 

It is called a reverse cycle becoz it does just that, takes the cold air from inside and makes it hot, the outside unit will blow cold air. There are no heating elements as such.

1 hour ago, bankruatsteve said:

I really don't get the discussion of "oversizing" an inverter unit.  Except for the extra $$$, it is not likely that one could oversize. 

It’s quite easy to oversize just put a 36,000 BTU unit where a 9,000 BTU unit is on the borderline of being too big. Sure you can probably use a 18,000 BTU inverter unit and be OK but not one 4 times the size.

19 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

But regardless the air should be sized in such a way that it cycles and meets the required temps, insulation/sunny or not - otherwise you’re spending more than necessary on electricity having the motor run non-stop, causing unnecessary wear and tear. 

I guess if you have an undersized unit and plan on running the motor non-stop then yeah it doesn’t matter, but that kinda defeats the purpose. 

I don't guess they said 12 BTU for our upstairs kbedroom but it gets very hot, bit better after insulting the ceiling but with windows all around, single block walls and facing south,  18 BTU is fine. 

Sales people know next to nothing much about air-con sizes for rooms let alone whether an inverter a/c will be suitable for your house.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't guess they said 12 BTU for our upstairs kbedroom but it gets very hot, bit better after insulting the ceiling but with windows all around, single block walls and facing south,  18 BTU is fine. 

Sales people know next to nothing much about air-con sizes for rooms let alone whether an inverter a/c will be suitable for your house.

Thats upset a few, well  said, about like asking a Toyota Sales Woman about Horse Power.

16 hours ago, fxe1200 said:

Don't know why nobody here recommends an aircon with a Hepafilter or a Nanoe G filter from Panasonic, which can eliminate 99% of viruses and bacteria in the air. The inverter is obligatory today, the filter is not!

Have you looked and seen what this "filter" consists off? just salesmanship, a piece of filtrate does more filtering than what they install, fact is that's just about all it is, a small piece of filtrate like material.

For me I will buy only Daikin Inverters at this time, I used to swear by Mitsu, but Daikin are now a better product IMO.

How you use & size said AC depends on personal preference, you need to have some understanding, "one size" doesn't fit everyone's needs.

58 minutes ago, CGW said:

Have you looked and seen what this "filter" consists off? just salesmanship, a piece of filtrate does more filtering than what they install, fact is that's just about all it is, a small piece of filtrate like material.

For me I will buy only Daikin Inverters at this time, I used to swear by Mitsu, but Daikin are now a better product IMO.

How you use & size said AC depends on personal preference, you need to have some understanding, "one size" doesn't fit everyone's needs.

...ja,ja,ja.....

https://aircon.panasonic.com/introducing/whats_nanoe/nanoe-g.html

We just put in 2 new Carriers. Excellent company, great service, good price with a few extras. Big plus, they take out & dispose of your old units. They sell all brands. I presume BKK only. Rare I can really recommend any company after 30 years here but they're worth a call if you're in the capital. Dunno if I can tell you the name here, ModernAir.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Was the ceiling any more cooperative having been insulted? I find that talking nicely to the ceiling has better results.

Sorry! OK a bit sorry, actually not sorry at all!

Yeah ???? my fat fingers and big hands don't do well with my Android phone along with my squinting eyes at the screen.

Now home on my Asus connected to a 50 inch screen. ????

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

I really can’t wrap my head around the argument some people are making, which goes something like:

Inverter Aircons are not practical/worth the price/functional if your room is...  ...too hot. 

Google the info from expert aircon installers.

• Like 1

Our first 28 YO Carrier and Hitachi died recently. Both thrased to death but well seviced Imports from Japan and USA. Sulj Densi or whatever its stupid name was inverter lasted 3 Years n Bang, even with the same good company the Service Chaps say dont expect to repeat that anymore. Replced with Carrier made here. Posibly just Mitsu inside but i like the name..????

15 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah ???? my fat fingers and big hands don't do well with my Android phone along with my squinting eyes at the screen.

Now home on my Asus connected to a 50 inch screen. ????

Is it a 50 inch Asus Inverter type. Higly recomended by the Hype Believers.

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2020 at 10:23 AM, Mama Noodle said:

Why not? They will both run at full motor speeds when hot as balls in a room. Yours will cycle on and off while mine has different motor speeds/loads and doesn’t pay for all that inrush draw yours gets every time it cycles on. 

I was against inverters for a long time but am completely sold on them now. 

Very good long term investment. 

I'm in complete agreement, the a/c in our bedroom paid for itself in under 3 years on power savings

I ve had em since they  first since came out.  4 of them home 3 at shops. Only the one in a new perfectly insulated double glazed shop  saved i bit. Clearly My every day findings must be wrong. But in the first month i tried to believe the BS i fell for.