Meeting health insurance requirements for extending an O-A visa

On 7/6/2020 at 8:19 AM, Peter Denis said:

A foreign insurance policy that meets the IO-requirements (at least 400K/40K for in-patient/out-patient coverage), is ONLY accepted when you apply for the Non Imm O-A (long-stay) Visa in your home-country.

Once in country and applying for the 1-year extension based on your original Non Imm O-A Visa for reason of retirement (even if that original Visa dates from yesteryear). ONLY a thai IO-approved insurance policy issued by a TGIA-associated insurer will be accepted ( https://longstay.tgia.org/home/companiesoa ).

Content-wise most of these thai IO-approved policies are worthless, so - if you go that road - you might as well opt for the cheapest one, which is the LMG Insurance Plan 1 with a 200K deductible (annual premium of 6.000 THB to 11.400 THB in the age bracket of 51 till 75), with the additional advantage that no medical exam is required when subscribing to that LMG-policy.

Here the link > https://www.lmginsurance.co.th/en/Products/Pages/Universal-Longstayvisa.aspx

Alternatively you could also switch to a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement and subsequent 1-year extension.  Unfortunately that option is presently not possible, as it requires a border-run (to 'kill' the permission to stay based on your current Non Imm O-A Visa).

However, I did PM you a comprehensive guideline document containing all details/options on doing just that.  That guideline can be used once the borders are open again and the entry-requirements are not too inconvenient with covid-19 measures like mandatory quarantaine or 100K US $ covid-19 insurance.

In case you consider the LMG Insurance option (cheapest option to meet the Non Imm O-A retirement extension requirement for health-insurance), just PM me and I will provide you with full details on how to apply for it, including tips/caveats.

>> In order to access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

Hi @Peter Denis

Can you please share with me the info you have about this insurance company (LMG)? I appreciate it, Thank you.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A foreign insurance policy that meets the IO-requirements (at least 400K/40K for in-patient/out-patient coverage), is ONLY accepted when you apply for the Non Imm O-A (long-stay) Visa in your home-cou

The insurance being described and suggested above is to satisfy immigration requirement for insurance. It's a rubbish cover. Think of it as part of the extension cost.

@Peter Denis has researched this topic exhaustively. After multiple correspondence with him and doing my own research I paid 50k thb for Pacific Cross insurance that is actual insurance. My USA Medica

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, prowler2011 said:

Hi

Can you please share with me the info you have about this insurance company (LMG)? I appreciate it, Thank you.

Hi Prowler > requested info sent PM - and you're welcome.

>> To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ProudHuman said:

How much does the Thai Insurance Premium cost for Non OA Retirement Visa holders. 

Cheapest thai IO-approved health-insurance policy is the LMG Insurance Plan 1 (with 200K deductible) for an annual premium of 6.000 to 11.400 THB in the age bracket of 51 to 75 years.

732644177_LMGinsurance.png.5b5af8ea4aef9b6182a4d8353cd5fdd7.png

PM me for details including tips/caveats if you want to subscribe to that policy.

Edited by Peter Denis
13 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Prowler > requested info sent PM - and you're welcome.

>> To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum.

Hi Peter, my extension of stay based on retirement is due for annual renewal in Aug. Could you either PM me with the details of that cheap LM policy, or possibly post them here on this thread, since it’s gotten so much interest?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Hank Gunn said:

Hi Peter, my extension of stay based on retirement is due for annual renewal in Aug. Could you either PM me with the details of that cheap LM policy, or possibly post them here on this thread, since it’s gotten so much interest?

Thanks

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1171446-meeting-health-insurance-requirements-for-extending-an-o-a-visa/?do=findComment&comment=15593685

• Like 1

Pacific Cross is offering one. https://www.pacificcrosshealth.com/en/visa-friendly/

I have Pacific Cross Health Insurance Policy that is OA compliant.  But it does not meet the current Thailand Entry Insurance requirements($100,000 or 3.1 Million Baht).  If I were to convert to such a policy as mentioned above the annual premium would be over 60,000 Baht(I am under 60 and I currently pay about 32,000 Baht).  In conclusion, NO WAY.  My time is LOS is gradually coming to an end.  It has been fun but nothing lasts forever.  
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Pacific Cross is offering one. https://www.pacificcrosshealth.com/en/visa-friendly/

I have Pacific Cross Health Insurance Policy that is OA compliant.  But it does not meet the current Thailand Entry Insurance requirements($100,000 or 3.1 Million Baht).  If I were to convert to such a policy as mentioned above the annual premium would be over 60,000 Baht(I am under 60 and I currently pay about 32,000 Baht).  In conclusion, NO WAY.  My time is LOS is gradually coming to an end.  It has been fun but nothing lasts forever.  

Is this the LMG policy?

21 minutes ago, Hank Gunn said:

Thanks

Hi Hank Gunn > requested info sent PM - and you're welcome.

Note: The info PM-ed is too long (tips / caveats / user-case experience) to insert on the Forum.

It also allows me to PM you and others who requested it, additional info when that becomes available re the topic.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Is this the LMG policy?

No, it is not.

I did PM you the comprehensive Non Imm O-A compliant LMG Insurance Plan 1 info, also containing practical information on where and how to apply for that policy, as well as tips/caveats when subscribing to it.

LMG is not offering the USD100K Covid insurance for people over 60....

Luma does, waiting for a response from Pacific....

Any other suggestions?

On 7/6/2020 at 7:59 PM, Peter Denis said:

Since it is a MultipleEntry Visa, each time you exit Thailand and re-enter you will be stamped in by border-Immigration for the 1-year extension of stay that Non Imm O-A Visa entitles you to.

So by exiting Thailand and returning just before your Visa validity expires (mid Oct 2020), you will be able to squeeze a full 2nd year permission to stay out of that Non Imm O-A Visa.

does this also apply to a Non Imm O  based on retirement.  ?

Is it possible to get another 1-year stamped.  Visa expires