Meeting health insurance requirements for extending an O-A visa

Of course, in my usual "nothing works as planned" life, I cannot get the fill-able PDF application to work...  Nothing seems to work. Anyone here has success filling out their application?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A foreign insurance policy that meets the IO-requirements (at least 400K/40K for in-patient/out-patient coverage), is ONLY accepted when you apply for the Non Imm O-A (long-stay) Visa in your home-cou

The insurance being described and suggested above is to satisfy immigration requirement for insurance. It's a rubbish cover. Think of it as part of the extension cost.

@Peter Denis has researched this topic exhaustively. After multiple correspondence with him and doing my own research I paid 50k thb for Pacific Cross insurance that is actual insurance. My USA Medica

Posted Images

Are you using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?  

Two weeks ago I was able to fill in the application with no problem...was even tried to make the appearance colorful using "blue" check marks and "X"s.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2020 at 10:09 AM, JimmerJJ said:

Hi Peter, Thank you for the great info on the Health Insurance. I am on an Retirement visa extension of stay due to expire in December so please also PM me your information. I really appreciate your help.

Also I have another Health Insurance obstacle that you (or anyone) may have information about.  I am currently stranded on Bali....

On 7/7/2020 at 1:58 PM, Peter Denis said:

Hi Jimmer,

1 - I just PM-ed you the requested information on how to apply for the cheap thai IO-approved LMG Insurance, including tips & caveats.

@ubonjoe - seeing as he is currently stranded on Bali, what would be his chances of obtaining a single-entry non-O at the Thai consulate there, which he could then use to re-enter Thailand in due course in place of the re-entry permit which he has presumably obtained to safeguard his existing permission to stay? Might mean that he would need to apply for a fresh retirement extension sooner than December, but at least he would then be spared the mandatory health insurance requirement without having to make a special trip for a fresh non-O if this were possible!

Edited by OJAS
8 hours ago, OJAS said:

@ubonjoe - seeing as he is currently stranded on Bali, what would be his chances of obtaining a single-entry non-O at the Thai consulate there, which he could then use to re-enter Thailand in due course in place of the re-entry permit which he has presumably obtained to safeguard his existing permission to stay? Might mean that he would need to apply for a fresh retirement extension sooner than December, but at least he would then be spared the mandatory health insurance requirement without having to make a special trip for a fresh non-O if this were possible!

@JimmerJJ > As long as his re-entry permit is still valid, his application for a new Visa at a thai Embassy/Consulate abroad won't be accepted.

After expiry of this re-entry permit all options would be open again for him, but when planning to return to Thailand - once the borders are open again - he will most likely be confronted with additional entry-requirements (e.g. mandatory quarantaine, covid-19 insurance, health-certificate and fit-to-fly certificate, etc.).

As the process to obtain a Non Imm O Visa is easier when applying at a thai Embassy/Consulate abroad, than doing it in-country, I agree that doing that once his re-entry permit has expired, would probably be his best option.

Note: That is, unless he wants to apply for the 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa at the Savannakhet or HoChiMin City consulate, in which case a VisaExempt entry would be an easier starting point for doing so.

Edited by Peter Denis
On 7/6/2020 at 4:44 PM, david_je said:

Dear Peter, Pls also PM that to me? Thanks.

Could you forward that to me when you get a chance?

10 minutes ago, mosan said:

Could you forward that to me when you get a chance?

Hi Mosan, PM-ed you the LMG Insurance info - and you are welcome.

• Thanks 1

For what it's worth, I processed my insurance application with LMG in about 6 hours yesterday. The agent I dealt with, a Ms. Kannika, was accomodating. My Linux computer which usually handles PDF files without issue refused to cooperate with LMGs PDF application form. So, I printed the form, filled it by hand and scanned it back to her. No problem.  She also accepted pics of my passport and entry documents so that was simple too. There was some nonsense about using the LINE app for payment but never mind I did a regular bank transfer and all is well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Dogberry said:

For what it's worth, I processed my insurance application with LMG in about 6 hours yesterday. The agent I dealt with, a Ms. Kannika, was accomodating. My Linux computer which usually handles PDF files without issue refused to cooperate with LMGs PDF application form. So, I printed the form, filled it by hand and scanned it back to her. No problem.  She also accepted pics of my passport and entry documents so that was simple too. There was some nonsense about using the LINE app for payment but never mind I did a regular bank transfer and all is well. 

What was the start date of your insurance, i.e., presumably in another 30 days or so your new one year extension will renew -- is that the date when your insurance begins?

• Like 1
On 7/11/2020 at 5:44 PM, JimGant said:

What was the start date of your insurance, i.e., presumably in another 30 days or so your new one year extension will renew -- is that the date when your insurance begins?

Hey JimGant... I took a break from TV and just saw your question. If it's still relevant, LMG was very accommodating and took pains to make sure my start date was what I wanted. In my case my permission to stay expired July 9th so I was under amnesty. Applied to LMG on the 10th. Not knowing when the paper policy would arrive I set start date to the 16th. Policy arrived on the 17th, went to immigration (Lamphun) that afternoon and was done in short order. One year less one day (insurance expiry date) good to go.

Edited by Dogberry
correction
  • Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...
On 7/6/2020 at 8:19 AM, Peter Denis said:

In case you consider the LMG Insurance option (cheapest option to meet the Non Imm O-A retirement extension requirement for health-insurance), just PM me and I will provide you with full details on how to apply for it, including tips/caveats.

Peter Denis, can I ask you to PM me this info? TIA if you are kind to do!