COVID-19: Here are the requirements for foreigners wishing to enter Thailand

webfact

I heard from a Thai friend, whom I'm not able to reach now, that there is an online option, more convenient and cheaper, for receiving the Medical Certificate (fit to fly). Does anyone have any details on where that may be obtained? I didn't see any details on the LA Consulate's website. I'll check the Embassy's website.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Confused 1

Hi Folks!

Am i correct in my assumption that most people dont have to go through quarantine anymore? Based on the info-graphic above, the only mention of quarantine is the last 3 categories, being Education, Medical and “Special Arrangement Long Stay”.

Any thoughts? 

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

they are referring to holders of Permanent Residency. Very few people, and not any non-O visa holders. People with PR don't need visas.

I have a COR on a non O multiple entry. I'm married though

Hey 

Is there anyone able to provide an official link to these lists as the Thai embassy in France refuses to take any ED application as they have not been informed ? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

I have a COR on a non O multiple entry. I'm married though

As @Sherylhas pointed out currently they mean those that have applied for and been granted Permanent Residency on an immigrant quota, the wording / description is poor in the article, seeing as you are married then you can apply to enter Thailand based on being a spouse of a Thai national.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I heard from a Thai friend, whom I'm not able to reach now, that there is an online option, more convenient and cheaper, for receiving the Medical Certificate (fit to fly). Does anyone have any details on where that may be obtained? I didn't see any details on the LA Consulate's website. I'll check the Embassy's website.

Please post if you get any information on this....I am a Thai National (dual US) going to LA in sept then need to get back home to chiang mai in October. Any information would be helpful - thanks 

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

they are referring to holders of Permanent Residency. Very few people, and not any non-O visa holders. People with PR don't need visas.

So retirees on non-O and non-OA visas are not allowed to go to Thailand?

Students who don't put 800k into Thai banks is more important than retirees? I find this ridiculous.

Then everyone would just get an education visa just to enter Thailand which become a much easier route.

13 minutes ago, loong said:

If I am understanding this correctly, Thai nationals only have to avoid risky areas for 14 days instead of quarantine? That is ridiculous considering that there has been a regular stream of returnees testing positive while in quarantine!

Everybody in the village here who returned from outsiden have been checked up on every day by health personal at their own home. Except from that Time, we have seen them at the markeds and driving around. 

5 hours ago, andre47 said:

Persons who hold a valid certificate of residence

Has somebody more information about this? I have a NON-O visa. Can I ask the immigration for a certificate of residence, then travel to Europe and come back to Thailand using this certificate of residence?

It's not something you fill in a TM15 and pay 200 Baht for, if that's what you're asking, lol.

• Haha 2

Until now also all returning Thai nationals had to go into quarantine. The above mentions mandatory quarantine only for foreigners - is my understanding correct ? So foreigners have to quarantine and Thais not anymore ? 

Edited by ChrisBKK2020
  • Like 1