Please help my injured dog: Buriram man turns to the media after horror knife attack on pet

webfact

Please help my injured dog: Buriram man turns to the media after horror knife attack on pet

4pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A 54 year old Buriram man turned to Thai Rath for help after finding one of his three pet dogs had been attacked. 

"Jao Joy" had been attacked with a knife. His left rear paw had been severed and his right hind paw was hanging by a thread.

Ratchasak said he had no money for the vets as he is very poor. 

Joy was one of three strays he looked after. He had gone missing three days ago.

Subsequently he heard his pet whimpering under a building and found that he had been attacked. 

He said that his dog was playful but not fierce. He thought that he might have annoyed some people by playing in the paddy fields. 

But he wants to see the person who attacked him put behind bars and needs help to pay for the cost of surgery for his pet.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-06

• Sad 5

I a farm there are many ways an idiot playful dog can inflict himself this sort of injury. The police got better things to do. But bring him to vet, or better put him down he will have a miserable life anyhow.

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

Thats  disgusting what someones  done, BUT having a dog  is a responsibility, what a responsible  owner does is  NOT  let their dog  wander aimlessly  about by itself unless its  on a lead and  accompanied.  Having a dog  here means nothing.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bodga said:

Yet able to take care of 3 dogs, they dont really take care though do they, they throw them food scraps and thats  it, thats not taking care. I  really dont think many  Thais  should have any dogs.

They are strays as you can read and the poor man takes care of them the best he can.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

They are strays as you can read and the poor man takes care of them the best he can.

There  wouldnt be any strays if  his  fellow Thais  were  responsible. The  poor  man would be better taking care of himself. As  stated "please take care of MY injured  dog"

Edited by bodga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

"Stray" was used once. "My" & "his" was used often. It is a much used principle that who feed a dog owns it. That dog is his PERIOD Too late to pass the buck now. 

Edited by Keesters
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Madgee said:

Some you sound like the toe rag who lives around the corner in our soi. ''Kill the dogs!'' A$$hole.

The guy in the article is trying to help another lifeform survive and probably gets much pleasure and self-satisfaction from his efforts. He probably does talk about them as 'his' and 'my', after all, he is the one who is trying to help them.

As a dog lover having had dogs all my life, I rescued a local soi dog about 18 months ago, a young, abandoned, scared and starving long-legged mutt. I feed him, take him to the vets for inoculations and 'repairs' (paw cuts and once rat poisoning!) I cannot stop him wandering the soi but he is very friendly to everyone so that will be his downfall. One day he just won't come to my whistle for food.

The dog has brought much joy to me and my family. In fact, he is now part of the family and often sleeps during the day inside with one of the kids in their bedroom (air-con ... he 's not stupid.)

If you were down and out and homeless, call me and come and put you out of your misery. Fair's fair.

Give me you're Number and I Will Call you O Kay.

I had up to 13 Dogs at on stage in my life ,Not one was a Soi dog . I detest Soi Dogs And the People that made them that way By not looking after them. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hate seeing animals suffer, and as I sit here typing this watching my two cats happily sleeping next to me on the sofa after their lunch, it can make me even more sad.

But the relationship Thai's have with their 'pets' is a little different to what most of us have.

But, when you let dogs wander aimlessly, as so many Thai's do, there are probably a myriad of ways the poor creature could have got these injuries.

It used to break my heart seeing soi dogs lame in their back legs, feral cats just shot through constant breeding, the list goes on and on.

This would be one of those times I would advocate having the poor animal put out of its pain.

The owner didn't seem to worry too much before this, so the chances of him taking more care of the animal after this seems unlikely

Edited by GinBoy2

Terrible, callous act but these soi dogs are almost tame and domesticated but almost feral at the same time because they're left to wander.  If the owner doesn't look after them then there are others that will look after them, permanently.  It would've been more humane if the attacker had killed the poor mutt.  

3 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I hate seeing animals suffer, and as I sit here typing this watching my two cats happily sleeping next to me on the sofa after their lunch, it can make me even more sad.

But the relationship Thai's have with their 'pets' is a little different to what most of us have.

But, when you let dogs wander aimlessly, as so many Thai's do, there are probably a myriad of ways the poor creature could have got these injuries.

It used to break my heart seeing soi dogs lame in their back legs, feral cats just shot through constant breeding, the list goes on and on.

This would be one of those times I would advocate having the poor animal put out of its pain.

The owner didn't seem to worry too much before this, so the chances of him taking more care of the animal after this seems unlikely

They get dogs & cats, After a few weeks they are left to fend for themselves , some times they chuck a bit of Rice and <deleted> .Then they roam the Country side and turn into Soi dogs ,Fighting for food /upturning rubbish bins/chasing bikes and people /biting people/killing chooks/killing other Normal pets.

They are Flea bitten Tick infested Mange riddled and worm infested /rabies infected Pests that infect Normal Dogs with their Ailments.

That's not a life of a Pet ,they don't tread them as pets They are not pets. 

I Detest the people that Turn a dog into a Soi Dog .I detest Soi Dogs. 

Exterminate The Soi Dogs for their own good. 

I've got a dog and he's well looked after, goes to the vet for his needles /sleeps inside (likes Aircon) We know that he's Spoilt but he's got a Good life.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Madgee said:

Some you sound like the toe rag who lives around the corner in our soi. ''Kill the dogs!'' A$$hole.

The guy in the article is trying to help another lifeform survive and probably gets much pleasure and self-satisfaction from his efforts. He probably does talk about them as 'his' and 'my', after all, he is the one who is trying to help them.

As a dog lover having had dogs all my life, I rescued a local soi dog about 18 months ago, a young, abandoned, scared and starving long-legged mutt. I feed him, take him to the vets for inoculations and 'repairs' (paw cuts and once rat poisoning!) I cannot stop him wandering the soi but he is very friendly to everyone so that will be his downfall. One day he just won't come to my whistle for food.

The dog has brought much joy to me and my family. In fact, he is now part of the family and often sleeps during the day inside with one of the kids in their bedroom (air-con ... he 's not stupid.)

If you were down and out and homeless, call me and come and put you out of your misery. Fair's fair.

You've got a Problem with some Toe Rag that Doesn't like Soi Dogs and their Supposedly Owners? Fine  

Same to you bud for letting one know what sort of a Person you are. Bad. 

I too dislike seeing animals suffer. Albeit, saddened to see such a story and hurt animal, there are so many animals getting hurt by people including exploited in factories, but we don't always see it. This story happened to come to the spotlight.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Jao Joy" had been attacked with a knife. His left rear paw had been severed and his right hind paw was hanging by a thread.

Or just got into a bad situation with some wire or something.

14 hours ago, digger70 said:

I cannot stop him wandering the soi

yes,  yes  you  can, its  very  simple, the  dog  stays inside  your  boundary  and  to  leave  its  leashed.  Glad  to  help with  your  lack  of  knowledge.

• Like 1

Who in the Name of Satan used My Name Digger 70?  If one can't use ones Own Name/ Avatar Don't Post/don't Reply . Or at Least Check What you doing !

I Never did post this

"14 hours ago, digger70 said:I cannot stop him wandering the soi " 

Edited by digger70
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Who in the Name of Satan used My Name Digger 70?  If one can't use ones Own Name/ Avatar Don't Post/don't Reply . Or at Least Check What you doing !

I Never did post this

"14 hours ago, digger70 said:I cannot stop him wandering the soi " 

calm  down  or  ill  have  to  castrate  you????

7 minutes ago, bodga said:

calm  down  or  ill  have  to  castrate  you????

You gotta be good man, That's bin Tried before ,Some Jealous  Boy Friend of someone I "new" pretty Well.    Didn't succeed tho     ????