Koh Chang proves popular with long weekend visitors - 10,000 arrived Saturday

webfact

Koh Chang proves popular with long weekend visitors - 10,000 arrived Saturday

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Trat online

Huge queues and long waits for a ferry were the order of the day at the two ferry terminals that serve Koh Chang in Thailand's eastern region. 

Tailbacks of vehicles of up to four kilometers were reported and waits were in the region of 1-3 hours on Saturday. 

The deputy mayor Teerasak Suamcheepmasau reported on Facebook that 10,000 visitors and locals had crossed to the island. There were more than 4,000 vehicles. 

5pm_Trat online.jpg

Picture: Trat online

At Centerpoint there were 542 cars and 2,023 people going to the island. 

At Ao Thammachat 3,500 vehicles crossed over and there were 8,000 people. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-06

3 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

Last time I went to Ko Chang (2014), we had to wait 5 hours for the ferry. Used to love that island, but never again.

Timing is everything. Went 1 month ago, and straight on and off the ferry both directions.

Do not:- Ever go on a Friday when there is a long weekend or National Holiday. The Bangkok crowd absolutely mob the place.

Best to go / leave midweek. I guarantee you won't be delayed at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t believe there was only a 1-3 hours wait, I went there in low season during mid week and it took me almost 2 hours to get on the boat. I thought Samui was bad but Koh Chang was even worse.

4,000 cars with 4km tailbacks, I suspect the mayor is lying about the wait time in fear of deterring future visitors.

I visted there for the first time last September, very nice. I would love to go back. There were hardly any queues for the ferry. The island had already banned sales/handing out of large plastic bags. The exception was the small ones used by 7/11 after having food nuked in the microwave. Of course doesn't stop plastic bags from  being brought onto the island and littered ????

• Like 1