Danish expat killed in Hua Hin

Sven Dokkedal has passed away

by Gregers Møller

103472318_10223348243317340_6509386528177546243_n.jpg

Sven Dokkedal, an independent Danish tour guide in Hua Hin, passed away in a traffic accident Thursday night, 2 July 2020, 57 years old. According to reports from his friends, he was hit from behind by a minibus while riding a motorcycle.

Sven Dokkedal was a very popular tourist guide for countless Danes visiting Hua Hin over the past 15 years. He was also a popular member of the Danish expatriate community in Hua Hin. On Facebook, many friends and Danish tourists, whom he introduced to Thailand through his agency “Din Guide I Thailand”, have sent their condolences.

According to Ekstra Bladet, Sven Dokkedal’s family will request permission for his ashes to be spread at sea off the coast of his beloved Thailand. The Danish vicar in Bangkok is expected to assist with a Christian burial service.

Full story: https://scandasia.com/sven-dokkedal-has-passed-away/

-- ScandAsia 2020 07-06

• Sad 4
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is the mini-bus driver charged with anything and is he in jail? It sounds like a criminal act to me. I hope his family/wife demands a huge settlement from the insurance company and the bus driver. Als

Mini bus driver's are some of the worst drivers in Thailand, Many times I have seen them use the hard shoulder to pass with no regards for riders using the inside lane. R.I.P.

RIP ... another road casualty based on poor driving

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Is the mini-bus driver charged with anything and is he in jail? It sounds like a criminal act to me. I hope his family/wife demands a huge settlement from the insurance company and the bus driver. Also hope the driver's license is suspended for life and gets a minimum of 10 years in jail, with no parole.

He is probably driving again today but he might take 1 hour off when they bury his victum What you think?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, webfact said:

he was hit from behind by a minibus while riding a motorcycle.

thailand should implement concrete meaures to improve road safety. thai roads kill more than the covid-19, i reckon

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Is the mini-bus driver charged with anything and is he in jail? It sounds like a criminal act to me. I hope his family/wife demands a huge settlement from the insurance company and the bus driver. Also hope the driver's license is suspended for life and gets a minimum of 10 years in jail, with no parole.

Probably he is back on the wheel already. 1 big bus almost kill me 2017 when he drove through red light. Driver get 500b ticket and was hurry back to work.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

thailand should implement concrete meaures to improve road safety. thai roads kill more than the covid-19, i reckon

About 12,000 dies every year at the traffic

• Like 1