Danish expat killed in Hua Hin

webfact

Sven Dokkedal has passed away

by Gregers Møller

103472318_10223348243317340_6509386528177546243_n.jpg

Sven Dokkedal, an independent Danish tour guide in Hua Hin, passed away in a traffic accident Thursday night, 2 July 2020, 57 years old. According to reports from his friends, he was hit from behind by a minibus while riding a motorcycle.

Sven Dokkedal was a very popular tourist guide for countless Danes visiting Hua Hin over the past 15 years. He was also a popular member of the Danish expatriate community in Hua Hin. On Facebook, many friends and Danish tourists, whom he introduced to Thailand through his agency “Din Guide I Thailand”, have sent their condolences.

According to Ekstra Bladet, Sven Dokkedal’s family will request permission for his ashes to be spread at sea off the coast of his beloved Thailand. The Danish vicar in Bangkok is expected to assist with a Christian burial service.

Full story: https://scandasia.com/sven-dokkedal-has-passed-away/

-- ScandAsia 2020 07-06

• Sad 4

5 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Is the mini-bus driver charged with anything and is he in jail? It sounds like a criminal act to me. I hope his family/wife demands a huge settlement from the insurance company and the bus driver. Also hope the driver's license is suspended for life and gets a minimum of 10 years in jail, with no parole.

He is probably driving again today but he might take 1 hour off when they bury his victum What you think?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Is the mini-bus driver charged with anything and is he in jail? It sounds like a criminal act to me. I hope his family/wife demands a huge settlement from the insurance company and the bus driver. Also hope the driver's license is suspended for life and gets a minimum of 10 years in jail, with no parole.

Probably he is back on the wheel already. 1 big bus almost kill me 2017 when he drove through red light. Driver get 500b ticket and was hurry back to work.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thailand Noobie said:

About 12,000 dies every year at the traffic

Yes, I remember it is twice the number of Malaysia road accidents death. So Malaysia is about 6 to 7 thousands.

Both countries thailand and malaysia have the most motorbikes accident deaths every year.

May be there is a death wish among the young people in both countries, they are not happy with life, so they don't value life.

12 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Well, I am sorry but here is Thailand. RIP that is really bad, another arseh0le Thai driver 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, torturedsole said:

I only visit LOS a few times a year and seen so many accidents that I can't believe it's not 12,000 deaths a month.  Can we believe the statistics?

Them figures are only the ones that die at the scene of the accident 

This was during the holiday weekend.  Traffic was terrible.   The recent redesign of the traffic stripes has left motorcyclists at extreme risk.  Couple that with the well known excessive speeds and a distinct lack of needed traffic lights  the deaths will continue in Hua Hin.  A better monitering of traffic is desparetly needed.  Especially on holiday's.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

thailand should implement concrete meaures to improve road safety. thai roads kill more than the covid-19, i reckon

and to think there is the odd one or two posters here who think this government can do no wrong??

They can take the time to sit round a table and pass 22 stupid rules for bars opening, so why can't they do the same again, but this time pass rules and sentence drivers like this to a few years in jail then a life ban from driving?

If they did this, the road fatalities would soon drop. This proves again that this government does not care a jot about Thailands dreadful drivers, and they are more interested in hounding people trying to run businesses.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, pineapple01 said:

It is indeed a Sad Event no Question, so is from what i read here is Hanging the Driver without  knowing the facts.

The minibus driver hit him from behind, is that not a fact? So stop posting such nonsense.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Them figures are only the ones that die at the scene of the accident 

I went to the shops this morning It must of been "Idiots turn to drive today" Oh boy its a bloody circus on the roads out there. Where are the cops? They are probaly on holidays today also.Speeding, tail gateing, wrong side of the road drivers, Geez I had them all this morning And my wife tells me I dont understand Thai drivers Has anybody else in this forum had their wife tell them that one