Danish expat killed in Hua Hin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is the mini-bus driver charged with anything and is he in jail? It sounds like a criminal act to me. I hope his family/wife demands a huge settlement from the insurance company and the bus driver. Als

Mini bus driver's are some of the worst drivers in Thailand, Many times I have seen them use the hard shoulder to pass with no regards for riders using the inside lane. R.I.P.

RIP ... another road casualty based on poor driving

Posted Images

On 7/7/2020 at 9:26 AM, possum1931 said:
On 7/7/2020 at 7:41 AM, pineapple01 said:

It is indeed a Sad Event no Question, so is from what i read here is Hanging the Driver without  knowing the facts.

The minibus driver hit him from behind, is that not a fact? So stop posting such nonsense.

How did it come to hit him from behind?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I don't know, did you not read the report? That's what it said, would it really have said that if that was not the case?

• Sad 1

His death is, obviously, very unfortunate and, as this is a one-sided report from a Scandinavian publication, it's safe to assume, without question, that the minibus driver was to blame totally and the Dane on the motorbike made no adverse contribution to the accident.

Or not.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:
7 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I don't know, did you not read the report? That's what it said, would it really have said that if that was not the case?

That's my point, you don't know what happened or who was to blame, do you?

I'm not disputing that he was hit from behind, I'm asking how did that come to happen?   Nowhere did it say that the minibus drove directly into him from behind with no contribution from the rider.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:
12 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

That's my point, you don't know what happened or who was to blame, do you?

and you do know what happened, do you? I am only going by what the report said, the Danish guys friend said in the report that he was riding his motorbike and was hit from behind.

I will repeat it again just for your benefit, "the report said the motorbike was hit from behind". Got it?

No, I do not know what happened, that's why i have not apportioned blame, unlike some others!  How did he happen to get hit from behind was my point.  Got it?

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 2
On 7/6/2020 at 12:36 PM, Mavideol said:
On 7/6/2020 at 12:32 PM, webfact said:

he was hit from behind by a minibus while riding a motorcycle.

RIP ... another road casualty based on poor driving

Yes, but whose poor driving?  That has not been made clear yet everyone here is blaming the bus driver.  He may well have been at fault but there were two parties in this accident.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

I cannot comprehend what motivation someone would have to want believe a lower figure.

I cannot comprehend what motivation anyone would have to just want to believe a higher figure. 

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1