BANGKOK
Phoenix Rising

One year extension based on marriage

As I reported on another thread, I successfully applied for a 60-day extension to my Non O ME today at Phayao IO (my permission to stay ended 24 June). I was told to apply next month for the 1-Year extension based on marriage to a Thai. They didn't want o know about a 90-day report for now. Hope this clears up any worries.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tommygun809 said:

As I reported on another thread, I successfully applied for a 60-day extension to my Non O ME today at Phayao IO (my permission to stay ended 24 June). I was told to apply next month for the 1-Year extension based on marriage to a Thai. They didn't want o know about a 90-day report for now. Hope this clears up any worries.

Just to clarify did you get permission to stay until the end of September (60 days after end of amnesty)?

10 minutes ago, tommygun809 said:

No. The 60 days was from today. I didn't want to risk leaving the application until the end of the amnesty in case there were unforeseen problems. Up to you if you want to risk it. Personally, my balls aren't that big.

The important thing is that Phayao IO confirmed that they will process your application for the 1-year extension of stay based on your ME Non Imm O Visa at the end of the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your wife.

Since it is your first 1-year extension of stay application, 2 months seasoning of the funds to prove your financials should be sufficient to meet the application requirement.

As it as an application for an extension for reason of marriage, that means:

- At least 400K seasoned for 2 months in your personal thai bank-account at the moment of application (when using the money-in-bank method);

- At least two monthly transfers of at least 40K (with foreign origin proven) during the 2 months preceding your application (when using the monthly-income transfer method).  IO can request that you also prove the source of that foreign income (e.g. a pension statement).

• Like 1