Shaving in a hairdressers.

OneeyedJohn

19 minutes ago, robblok said:

I would say you have no sense of humor. Everyone thought you were serious so its not us who were wrong. Don't quit your day job and try to be a comedian.

Well, at least you are always good for a laugh, or do I mean your posts are laughable, i'm not sure.

1 minute ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Well, at least you are always good for a laugh, or do I mean your posts are laughable, i'm not sure.

I don't pretend to be a comedian

So everyone is wrong and you right ????

At least this post was a better attempt at humor then your OP.

On 7/6/2020 at 2:22 PM, BritManToo said:

I have reason to believe many female hairdressers provide other 'services' in Thailand.

As you are probably referring to sexual services , those arent obtained from hairdressers .

Que *I went to a hairdressers and the woman blah blah blah *

9 hours ago, malt25 said:

I usually go to the barber about every 6 to 8 weeks. I shave every day. But, there's nothing like a close cut shave with the old fashioned cut throat razor. Facial massage, very nice.  Unfortunately the current Covid restrictions prevent barbers offering "a shave"

Some of you don't know what you're missing.

More to the point some seem to have no concept that shave and haircut have been what barbers are about since day 1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I would say you have no sense of humor. Everyone thought you were serious so its not us who were wrong. Don't quit your day job and try to be a comedian.

Good lord man have yo re-read anything you have written lately.

You are hardly in a position to critique humour, or the attempt at it,  in any form

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Good lord man have yo re-read anything you have written lately.

You are hardly in a position to critique humour, or the attempt at it,  in any form

Oh you mean me showing that the UK did not do well.. sorry that it got your panties in a twist.

With so many copy cats i cant understand why its hard to find a proper serviced barber at reasonable prices here. Like in Turkey we have those guys doing 7 euro cuts which even include a shave, removing nose hair and a freaking mask. You leave the door like new. In Netherlands we also have them for 10 euro max.

While here they ask 5-20 euro and still fail to even do a sustainable job. It often shows the mistakes after a few days. There is some workshops etc nowadays but same issue, they teach them to do a model cut without understanding hair causing it to look bad in no time. Its always surface level in TH.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Oh you mean me showing that the UK did not do well.. sorry that it got your panties in a twist.

What? 

Not familiar with that set of posts,though I am certain they were riveting.

I just meant your general tone. 

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 1

Wouldn't have a shave at a barbershop if they paid me for it.

I see how other Thai tradesmen <deleted> up simple jobs, can you imagine if a barber with such a knife on your throat does that?

12 minutes ago, Susco said:

Wouldn't have a shave at a barbershop if they paid me for it.

I see how other Thai tradesmen <deleted> up simple jobs, can you imagine if a barber with such a knife on your throat does that?

Does what? And what kind of "knife?" I've probably lived here a lot longer than you have, but I don't recall ever seeing Thai barbers using a knife for shaving customers. You? Why would they?

And I've also seen Thai tradesman do some really good work. How is it that you've managed only to see bad?

Merely the usual ignorant stereotype, refuted here already by some testimonials. So you can't see a Thai doc or dentist either. I do feel sorry for our forum Chicken Littles.

Well, the OP tried to have a nice bigoted Thai-bashing thread of the sort particularly loved by our Brits but it merely backfired on him. That's no fun.

Maybe we can still pull it out by creating some fantasies and then bashing the Thais in the fantasies. Hee.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Does what? And what kind of "knife?" I've probably lived here a lot longer than you have

No Jsixpack, you haven't lived here longer than me.

And if you really don't know the definition of a knife, then why Google gives me thousands of results like this one, when I search for shaving knife?

https://www.google.com/search?q=shaving+knife&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ALeKk03JjHTEaOw69wbdc8n6ATusocI3Zg:1594146317221&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiyydTn4bvqAhUNbn0KHV7uDCgQ_AUoAXoECA0QAw&biw=1536&bih=716

River lake Straight Shaver straight razor blade Folding Shaving ...

8 hours ago, Susco said:

And if you really don't know the definition of a knife, then why Google gives me thousands of results like this one, when I search for shaving knife?

Google will of course give results for a misuse. The normal term is straight razor (which is what Thai barbers use, or even more accurately, shavette) and "knife" will be understood thusly: https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-shave-with-a-knife-Is-it-more-or-less-effective-than-using-a-razor

You may know that, but simply need "knife" to suggest "utility knife" used in construction and electrical trades or the like for the silly categorization of Thai barbers into the same group. And if you really meant "straight razor," why suggest Thai tradesmen use straight razors in their work like barbers?

Or, as is more likely (having never seen a shave at a Thai barber shop or, like the OP, at any other), you're simply ignorant and haven't a clue. Either way, you don't have a point of any relevance to Thai barbers' shaving technique and merely wish to bash.

So you may now proceed to answer the questions in my post you've carefully ignored. ????

Edited by BigStar

8 hours ago, n00dle said:

What? 

Not familiar with that set of posts,though I am certain they were riveting.

I just meant your general tone. 

I forgot on Thaivisa you need to bash Thais to be liked. I am so sorry for not doing that. Sorry for seeing fault with foreigners too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

.I forgot on Thaivisa you need to bash Thais to be liked. I am so sorry for not doing that. Sorry for seeing fault with foreigners too. 

yeah again, that's not me, not a "thai basher", and i see plenty of fault to go around.

i just find you shrill and rather self righteous.

id just move on and let it go mate, i have.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, n00dle said:

yeah again, that's not me, not a "thai basher", and i see plenty of fault to go around.

i just find you shrill and rather self righteous.

id just move on and let it go mate, i have.

Never said you were a Thai basher. You don't even rate on my radar (not a bad thing). Can't remember any of your posts or anything. Yes I got some strong views and im a liberal. Not really handy on a forum with older conservative types. 

But I can't really let the Thai bashing go, just find it really bad as I know many good Thais.

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

But I can't really let the Thai bashing go, just find it really bad as I know many good Thais.

Good. At least a few people on here should push back against all the bigotry. If it gets bad enough, the bigot can reported, the post removed, and a warning or suspension given. At least the rule against the use of racist terms is being pretty strongly enforced even against "our lads."

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned how many Thai women go to the hairdressers every day for a shampoo and styling.  Their wives and girlfriends probably engage in this practice.  Or maybe they don't know what their partners are doing every day when they're out and about.

On 7/6/2020 at 6:56 PM, OneeyedJohn said:

Quite frankly it is disgusting practice, like cutting your toenails in public.

Nose hair -  yuck.

Some things need to be done in the privacy of your own home.

Not as disgusting as getting pi$$ed whilst acting like a prat in bars which so many former special forces, martial art expert, millionaire cheap charlie farangs seem to indulge in!

The more expensive "hairdressers" don't usually do shaves, clean ears out etc. So try them.

But there are a couple of very expensive barbers in BKK that offer the works.

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The more expensive "hairdressers" don't usually do shaves, clean ears out etc.

Did you ask? Or are you referring to the ladies' salons. It comes as a shock then to think that perhaps the OP didn't go to the expensive "hairdressers." ???? So this would be a solution to his problem.

Edited by BigStar

14 minutes ago, NancyL said:

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned how many Thai women go to the hairdressers every day for a shampoo and styling.  Their wives and girlfriends probably engage in this practice.  Or maybe they don't know what their partners are doing every day when they're out and about.

They do, one of the conveniences and somewhat charming cultural traditions here. Daily therapy as well, with beautician as psychologist.

But OP seems to have no problem with that practice. Must have grown accustomed to it. What upsets him so much that he must immediately leave is the weirdness of a Thai barber's shaving of hair from a Thai man's face. One wonders what sort of trauma, or abuse, might have happened to him in childhood to create that strong of a repulsion.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Good. At least a few people on here should push back against all the bigotry. If it gets bad enough, the bigot can reported, the post removed, and a warning or suspension given. At least the rule against the use of racist terms is being pretty strongly enforced even against "our lads."

Could you please post a complete list of terms that would identify a bigot and or a racist.

48 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Could you please post a complete list of terms that would identify a bigot and or a racist.

You can merely Google "racial slurs against Asians" for yourself to get such a list.