BANGKOK
MagnumForce

How many of us are actually on the Visa Amnesty until July 31?

How many of us are actually on the Visa Amnesty until July 31?  

234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

How did you manage to enter April 2020?

90 day reports suspended... no worries.

For everything else there's always the Samaritans.

I managed to get in from Mukdahan/Savannakhet on April 20th, back to back, on an e-visa to Laos dated April 16th, originally for Vientiane International Airport, and a Thai Non-Imm "O" ME. Scanned it and uploaded it, anonymized, somewhere on this forum. Lao border guy looked at me like he had seen a ghost, then called his general; friendly, big broad smile, I was not his problem anyway. Guys on the Thai border had a giggle, too.

Lasted to June 17th, now on amnesty. There will always be "The Last Of The Mohikans" around here.

just did my 90 day like always ,its not far to drive ,no q in and out in 5 mins.

How many foreigners in Thailand

Well if they entered or left legally could be up to 3 million+ plus refugees.plus mnay more from neighbouring countries who may have entered overland illegally.Plus any overstayers.I doubt anyone has a completely accurate figure

As of August 2019, there were 2,877,144 registered migrant workers in Thailand (Ministry of Labour, 2019 plus all those long time holiday hoppers plus all those on METV , journalists , diplomats , monks, teachers, lecturers, tourists, Married to Thai and others

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 9:40 AM, G950 said:

I totally agree with all of this. The group that is left are a nomadic bunch that add to the economy, and with the Thai economy forecast to contract 15% in the previous quarter, it is a valuable all be it small add to the economy by having this group stay. Every little bit helps though at the moment.

My prediction is they will announce on Wednesday 15th, but it may require some some paperwork to be lodged and perhaps a Covid Visa Fee. It would be nice if you could just fill out a form, lodge and pay at local Police station rather than visiting immigration. 

For sure. There is also a possible benefit in that people who are here may entice others to come visit.... when they can. Free advertising really. 

7-11 etc. They already use passports for PAYG Sims so the ability is there. Crazy as I am... I can imagine a green sign outside Family saying 'Extension available here.... free WIFI'

Added extra content lol.... 15th is getting late to inform people. I would ask what they possibly think can happen between now and then.

Stay safe, keep well and good fortune. 

5 hours ago, notmyself said:

7-11 etc. They already use passports for PAYG Sims so the ability is there. Crazy as I am... I can imagine a green sign outside Family saying 'Extension available here.... free WIFI'

Way too much sense to allow 7-11 payments.  But, how would the agent-envelopes work that way?  Figure out that part, and it could become reality.

5 hours ago, notmyself said:

Added extra content lol.... 15th is getting late to inform people. I would ask what they possibly think can happen between now and then.

They are thinking, the closer the deadline comes, and with "clear out" statements, like from the "Immigration Spokesman" today, more will get desperate and pay agents.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 9:21 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

It depends on how long we are given to 'regularise'. There is no way they will demand that everyone makes their exit on day 1. And I use Mukdahan to exit, and about 95% of those who use that border are not 'farang, but Thais making a day trip and a few Lao going home. I've made quite a few hops there and never seen more than two or three others applying for the Lao visa in Savannakhet.

Yeah I go that route. I love Savanakhet.

• Like 2