Worried Thais in UK want to get out urgently, plead for more flights to bring them home

webfact

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

I would worry if i was stuck in the UK second wave is coming. I mean the opened the pubs and everyone went crazy. I seen the pics.. zero social distancing no masks drunks everywhere. 

Then the expats here wonder why the government is enforcing rules on pubs. The UK is a great example of how to mess things up. Maybe the have watched how it went in the US and thought.. we can do worse ????

Got plenty of idiots in my country to who would love to break all the rules. Thankfully our government is a bit stronger (not that much unfortunately) but we have less of an alcohol culture then the UK. 

Same as Jomtien Beach past two days ????

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

There are Thais in the UK?

do they have to do 90 day reports as well?

No free visa to uk. 

Now 500 Thai die covid already.

50~ in Thailand,

250~ Europe 

200~ USA. Middle East etc

Hospital in Europe/USA not help Thai much. Doctor/hospital to busy, only give paracetamol and say stay home.

Very difficult situation for Thai there already.

Safety first. Return Thailand better.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Four videos all in Thai have been removed, Sorry but this is an English Language forum:

From the forum rules:

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translation of technical terms is permitted in specialty forums.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats untrue - People of any Nationality are treated with equal indifference at any public hospital in the UK. 

I think I know the case which is being referenced here. There's a story that's been going around online among Thai speakers for maybe a couple of months now.

A Thai in the UK went to a hospital with COVID, she was sent home without 'the treatment', and so the story goes - she died a couple of days later.

The implication being that Thais are not treated well when abroad, especially the UK which is where this happened.

There was also another one, I think it was in Sweden, someone posting videos on facebook while ill with COVID complaining that they wouldn't admit her to hospital - I have no idea how that one turned out.

They all know that if you get COVID you should be admitted to a hospital and treated immediately because that's what they do in Thailand. I think they fail to realise that every country took this same approach until there were 1000's of new cases each day at which point they gave up trying to control it and the strategy changed to one of lockdown and wait it out.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

I think I know the case which is being referenced here. There's a story that's been going around online among Thai speakers for maybe a couple of months now.

A Thai in the UK went to a hospital with COVID, she was sent home without 'the treatment', and so the story goes - she died a couple of days later.

The implication being that Thais are not treated well when abroad, especially the UK which is where this happened.

There was also another one, I think it was in Sweden, someone posting videos on facebook while ill with COVID complaining that they wouldn't admit her to hospital - I have no idea how that one turned out.

They all know that if you get COVID you should be admitted to a hospital and treated immediately because that's what they do in Thailand. I think they fail to realise that every country took this same approach until there were 1000's of new cases each day at which point they gave up trying to control it and the strategy changed to one of lockdown and wait it out.

I post 4 video from England, USA, Netherlands and France explain how is real situation. Real people, real situation. 

Many more same. Have Italy, Germany, Dubai+++ 

But is Thai language, against forum rules. (Maybe TVF can translate please?) 

Sorry I can not find English link. I search before post Thai news. I want to post English, but no English report.

I think Thai lives not matter, no English report,  I wish they return Thailand soon. 

We will care them well.

RIP

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If the story of the person dying two days after being turned away from hospital is true, it's terrible, but I can’t see any hospital in the UK turning away a seriously ill person no matter what her nationality. 

I can see a situation whereby someone with cold symptoms was turned away from a hospital and told to take Paracetamol. Perhaps this persons condition worsened, but then it's up to her (or her friend) to call an ambulance or go back to the hospital if they felt so severely unwell they needed urgent medical attention.

You “can’t see” “can see” ? 

You imagine situation, you not there.

i believe the thai people there. Real people, real situation. CAN see.

Not want to see? 

Why no English report? Hmmmm. Have many report same this since March month. But no report on TVF. 

Narrative.

Not one person. 

Many 

RIP

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You “can’t see” “can see” ? 

You imagine situation, you not there.

i believe the thai people there. Real people, real situation. CAN see.

Not want to see? 

Why no English report? Hmmmm. Have many report same this since March month. But no report on TVF. 

Narrative.

Not one person. 

Many 

RIP

Did the Thais have health insurance for the UK ?

Same as felangs in Thailand , the Gov hospital will not treat us here

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Did the Thais have health insurance for the UK ?

Same as felangs in Thailand , the Gov hospital will not treat us here

I think you are wrong. Government hospitals treat no insurance foreigners. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, faraday said:

They do, I know they treat falang.

I did mean that we wouldnt get free treatment , like Thais do .

Maybe the Thai in the UK wasnt eligible for free treatment on the NHS , just like we are not eligible for free treatment here, is what I meant 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Yinn said:

There's plenty of English language press here, why not take it up with them, send them your vids.

You may find that just because Thailand admits all its covid cases, its just not possible in other countries where there are large outbreaks, considering that at least 80% of cases are mild and recover at home with no major problems, why take up valuable resources in a hospital just so you can be pampered back to health? 

• Like 2