Last week they said an annoucement would be coming "soon". "Be patient". There are only 3 and a half weeks until 31.7.2020. I am waiting to book a flight. I'm sure many others are, too. Land borders have zero chance of being open. If nothing happens, on 31.7.2020 the airports will look like a Mumbai bazaar on sale.

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Maybe there should be an Amnesty Forum!

How about an amnesia forum? Oh forget I said that.

But yes there are a lot of anxious nail-biting farangs like me wondering if we should book a flight now or pay double and triple later. If they do give us a second amnesty, I venture to say they will leave it late. I believe the first one only came about because of bad publicity in western media with a slice of credit due to Richard Barrow. The clue is that they are reopening the second office in BKK which probably means line up and pay again.

• Haha 1

I think they are trying to scare a few people into leaving Thailand before the 31st of July. Do not know why this is the case as you are all spending money and you are all covid-19 free. I am pretty sure there will be some sort of amnesty because they do not want mayhem at the airports

• Like 1

I think they will extend it, but it wont be free. But I for one am not in a rush to go through all the nonsense at the airports. If they do extend I will be monitoring the situation closely.

• Like 1