Replacing Mosquito Screen Door

thequietman

The old one is knackered, what with the opening and closing all the time. Anyone know if it is possible to buy a new one, and from where?  Its a double door patio style sliding door that it is fitted to. 

It slides back and forth, much like the screen in this window, only bigger obviously. ????

Thank in advance.

screen.jpeg

Surprised no-one's responded yet.

A local to you screen shop should be able to render repair, partial or full replacement, depending on your needs.

Replacing the screen material is usually simple (it's normally held in place with a removable rubber seam). If the inner moving door 'frame' is wobbly the screen shop can either reinforce or replace with a new inner-frame matching the previous part dimensions.

You or they may find the screen door is specific to some company and isn't made to be 'serviced' but the screen shop should be able to replace whole with something similar -- though if you are picky you may want to visit other screen shops or big box stores to view types and models if you're in the market for a full on replacement.

59 minutes ago, RichCor said:

A local to you screen shop should be able to render repair, partial or full replacement, depending on your needs.

Replacing the screen material is usually simple (it's normally held in place with a removable rubber seam). If the inner moving door 'frame' is wobbly the screen shop can either reinforce or replace with a new inner-frame matching the previous part dimensions.

You or they may find the screen door is specific to some company and isn't made to be 'serviced' but the screen shop should be able to replace whole with something similar -- though if you are picky you may want to visit other screen shops or big box stores to view types and models if you're in the market for a full on replacement.

On Theprasit rd. close to Sukhumvit near the "Outlet place " if you are located Pattaya/Jomtien area …(?) is a glass and aluminum workshop who makes those mosquito screens also  

Edited by david555

23 hours ago, RichCor said:

We only have Global around these parts, and you get the usual 'no hab' even though they sell doors with this screen attached. Thanks for your advice anyways. ????

• Like 1

22 hours ago, david555 said:

On Theprasit rd. close to Sukhumvit near the "Outlet place " if you are located Pattaya/Jomtien area …(?) is a glass and aluminum workshop who makes those mosquito screens also  

My fault ............... I am in the North of the country in the sticks. Nearest big city is Phits or Phrae.

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2020 at 7:46 PM, thequietman said:

The old one is knackered

When you say "knackered"  do you mean the  rollers or  the screen itself is  physically damaged, if  its  catching at the  bottom the  rollers  are adjustable  by a  screw  hole  near the  bottom

When you say "knackered"  do you mean the  rollers or  the screen itself is  physically damaged, if  its  catching...

Agree.

I recently took a set of aluminum sliding doors to a local screen door shop and left them overnight for them to replace a couple sets of badly worn screw and spring-tensioned roller wheels and replace the screen material. Almost good as new. 

What is you budget?

And where are you?

The parts are available on Lazada search for the store red shop & https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/radantsiam

there some very fancy screens available but at high prices, i assume you screen door is a secondary frame?

what needs replacement? rollers, hinges, mesh  or frame?

mesh is normally aluminium or fiberglass, Stainless in available but very expensive from my research

as some of the other posters have stated you will almost certainly have a local alu window maker. 

hope this help

Shaemus

13 minutes ago, shaemus said:

what needs replacement? rollers, hinges, mesh  or frame?

The lot. I am looking for the sliding plastic door that keeps out the mozzies on a double patio door. It slots into the frame itself.

10 hours ago, thequietman said:

I am in the North of the country in the sticks. Nearest big city is Phits or Phrae.

If you mean somewhere around Utradit, between Phrae district and Phitsanulok district, then sometimes you can use Google Maps and use the "Nearby" feature to find specific shops if the local volunteer GoogleMaps 'localguides' are populating that data. I assist as a localguide to identify open (or closed) shops in my area when I have nothing better to do. 

Open Google Maps on your PC or phone, find your current location, then use the "Nearby"; "Search This Area"; or the maps text search box to look for "Door Shop", scroll though the list to see if anything possibly relevant shows up in the list. While you can 'ignore' the car dealerships (really, google?) restaurants or hotels, the lumber yards or hardware shops should yield something. 

Looking at the area there isn't anything showing for Udradit, but Phitsanulok has the big box and home specialty shops like Thai Watsadu, HomePro, Global, SCG Home Solution, etc, but no Mom 'n Pop screen door shops popping up.

Google Maps Udradit: 
https://www.google.co.th/maps/search/door+shop/@17.6205795,100.1042676,12z/data=!3m1!4b1

Google Maps Phitsanulok:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/search/door+shop/@16.8325291,100.234071,13z/data=!3m1!4b1

11 hours ago, thequietman said:

We only have Global around these parts, and you get the usual 'no hab' even though they sell doors with this screen attached. Thanks for your advice anyways. ????

You want to claim that the thousands of Thai houses in your area, who will have similar windows and screens, got them out of nowhere?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Looking at the area there isn't anything showing for Udradit, but Phitsanulok has the big box and home specialty shops like Thai Watsadu, HomePro, Global, SCG Home Solution, etc, but no Mom 'n Pop screen door shops popping up.

Google Maps Udradit: 
https://www.google.co.th/maps/search/door+shop/@17.6205795,100.1042676,12z/data=!3m1!4b1

Now look if you change the search term to aluminium shop

I can't post the link because of the stupid forum software

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, thequietman said:

The lot. I am looking for the sliding plastic door that keeps out the mozzies on a double patio door. It slots into the frame itself.

Get in your car or your motorbike take a cruise you will run into one!

7 hours ago, Susco said:

You want to claim that the thousands of Thai houses in your area, who will have similar windows and screens, got them out of nowhere?

It is not window screens or door screens that I am looking for. It is the plastic mossie screen door that slots into the frame of a patio door. They are not easy to find. Generally, the screen comes with the door when you buy it.

3 minutes ago, thequietman said:

It is not window screens or door screens that I am looking for. It is the plastic mossie screen door that slots into the frame of a patio door. They are not easy to find. Generally, the screen comes with the door when you buy it.

I have seen them in HomePro, you make them up yourself to your requirements.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

I have seen them in HomePro, you make them up yourself to your requirements.

Really! OK, I will go back in to see them. Last time I asked, I got the 'no hab' standard answer.

Thanks. ????

If you have a drive around you will probably come across a building site where windows are going to be installed. Stop off and ask where are the windows being made and then you can go and see them to get a screen made. I had 1 sliding door, 1 normal door, 3 normal windows, 2 louvre windows and 3 small shower windows made and fitted for 5500 THB. All this was from a local business near to where I live in Bang Saphan Noi.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, thequietman said:

Talk to you're Local Builder ,He will be able to tell you where you can go and get a New one Made . 

The builders use a few different Changs for All their Jobs.

2 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

In GlobalHouse they have that screen net and selling it for 20 Baht/1 meter. They have 'infinite roll', you just cut off how much you need. Replacing is easy:

I need a whole new frame. ???? from scratch.

Our little village has a shop to make windows/screens. He seems to have just about every type of extruded aluminum so there will be more than one in Phits if not in a local village that can do it for you.

There is now an alternative to sliding screens where they concertina the mesh and have their own flat track. We have just had them fitted to cover double sliding doors. Very expensive though.

Despite your denial that these exist, or that it has to be specific to your door, in reality these are made up by every little mom and pop outfit that do these screen to a varying standard of skills. 

I had one come out to the house, take them all down, patch a couple with new nets, replace some rollers, refab one door to fit the pre existing rollor systems and then create a whole new screen door on my office so I can leave the real door open to the outside at night. 

Whole thing done in a day.. Thats what those shops do, repair, fabricate, and custom fit. 

wery simple replace new net to dood/windows, i has build ewery door diy at home, buy aluminium profile and corner supports and rubber seal and new, first build you right size frame then add net top frame and smooth wood flathead easy bush net to groove/slot and install rubberr seal top. ready new net and no mosguito in room.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thequietman said:

Really! OK, I will go back in to see them. Last time I asked, I got the 'no hab' standard answer.

Thanks. ????

They also sell the whole set up, cobber

https://www.homepro.co.th/p/1071832

You might have to do the online shopping with them.

Edited by newatthis
grammar +

3 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Despite your denial that these exist, or that it has to be specific to your door

Didn't state any of these 2 points. I just said that I want to find them, ???? and so I am asking others where that might be.

On 7/7/2020 at 1:56 PM, david555 said:

do they also do those air flow door things? the ones where you lock at night and open the main front door

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

do they also do those air flow door things? the ones where you lock at night and open the main front door

I really dont know , just know the shop is there for glass works and allumium screens / windows....i think you need a welder for that