Jump to content
BANGKOK
thequietman

Replacing Mosquito Screen Door

Recommended Posts

The old one is knackered, what with the opening and closing all the time. Anyone know if it is possible to buy a new one, and from where?  Its a double door patio style sliding door that it is fitted to. 

 

It slides back and forth, much like the screen in this window, only bigger obviously. ūüôā

 

Thank in advance.

screen.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised no-one's responded yet.

 

A local to you screen shop should be able to render repair, partial or full replacement, depending on your needs.

 

Replacing the screen material is usually simple (it's normally held in place with a removable rubber seam). If the inner moving door 'frame' is wobbly the screen shop can either reinforce or replace with a new inner-frame matching the previous part dimensions.

 

You or they may find the screen door is specific to some company and isn't made to be 'serviced' but the screen shop should be able to replace whole with something similar -- though if you are picky you may want to visit other screen shops or big box stores to view types and models if you're in the market for a full on replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Surprised no-one's responded yet.

 

A local to you screen shop should be able to render repair, partial or full replacement, depending on your needs.

 

Replacing the screen material is usually simple (it's normally held in place with a removable rubber seam). If the inner moving door 'frame' is wobbly the screen shop can either reinforce or replace with a new inner-frame matching the previous part dimensions.

 

You or they may find the screen door is specific to some company and isn't made to be 'serviced' but the screen shop should be able to replace whole with something similar -- though if you are picky you may want to visit other screen shops or big box stores to view types and models if you're in the market for a full on replacement.

On Theprasit rd. close to Sukhumvit near the "Outlet place " if you are located Pattaya/Jomtien area …(?) is a glass and aluminum workshop who makes those mosquito screens also  

Edited by david555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RichCor said:

Surprised no-one's responded yet.

 

A local to you screen shop should be able to render repair, partial or full replacement, depending on your needs.

 

Replacing the screen material is usually simple (it's normally held in place with a removable rubber seam). If the inner moving door 'frame' is wobbly the screen shop can either reinforce or replace with a new inner-frame matching the previous part dimensions.

 

You or they may find the screen door is specific to some company and isn't made to be 'serviced' but the screen shop should be able to replace whole with something similar -- though if you are picky you may want to visit other screen shops or big box stores to view types and models if you're in the market for a full on replacement.

We only have Global around these parts, and you get the usual 'no hab' even though they sell doors with this screen attached. Thanks for your advice anyways. ūüôā

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, david555 said:

On Theprasit rd. close to Sukhumvit near the "Outlet place " if you are located Pattaya/Jomtien area …(?) is a glass and aluminum workshop who makes those mosquito screens also  

My fault ............... I am in the North of the country in the sticks. Nearest big city is Phits or Phrae.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2020 at 7:46 PM, thequietman said:

The old one is knackered

When you say "knackered"  do you mean the  rollers or  the screen itself is  physically damaged, if  its  catching at the  bottom the  rollers  are adjustable  by a  screw  hole  near the  bottom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

When you say "knackered"  do you mean the  rollers or  the screen itself is  physically damaged, if  its  catching...

 

Agree.

I recently took a set of aluminum sliding doors to a local screen door shop and left them overnight for them to replace a couple sets of badly worn screw and spring-tensioned roller wheels and replace the screen material. Almost good as new. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is you budget?

 

And where are you?

 

The parts are available on Lazada search for the store red shop & https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/radantsiam

 

there some very fancy screens available but at high prices, i assume you screen door is a secondary frame?

 

what needs replacement? rollers, hinges, mesh  or frame?

 

mesh is normally aluminium or fiberglass, Stainless in available but very expensive from my research

 

as some of the other posters have stated you will almost certainly have a local alu window maker. 

 

hope this help

 

Shaemus

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, shaemus said:

what needs replacement? rollers, hinges, mesh  or frame?

The lot. I am looking for the sliding plastic door that keeps out the mozzies on a double patio door. It slots into the frame itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, thequietman said:

I am in the North of the country in the sticks. Nearest big city is Phits or Phrae.

If you mean somewhere around Utradit, between Phrae district and Phitsanulok district, then sometimes you can use Google Maps and use the "Nearby" feature to find specific shops if the local volunteer GoogleMaps 'localguides' are populating that data. I assist as a localguide to identify open (or closed) shops in my area when I have nothing better to do. 

 

 

Open Google Maps on your PC or phone, find your current location, then use the "Nearby"; "Search This Area"; or the maps text search box to look for "Door Shop", scroll though the list to see if anything possibly relevant shows up in the list. While you can 'ignore' the car dealerships (really, google?) restaurants or hotels, the lumber yards or hardware shops should yield something. 

 

Looking at the area there isn't anything showing for Udradit, but Phitsanulok has the big box and home specialty shops like Thai Watsadu, HomePro, Global, SCG Home Solution, etc, but no Mom 'n Pop screen door shops popping up.

 

Google Maps Udradit: 
https://www.google.co.th/maps/search/door+shop/@17.6205795,100.1042676,12z/data=!3m1!4b1

 

Google Maps Phitsanulok:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/search/door+shop/@16.8325291,100.234071,13z/data=!3m1!4b1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, thequietman said:

We only have Global around these parts, and you get the usual 'no hab' even though they sell doors with this screen attached. Thanks for your advice anyways. ūüôā

You want to claim that the thousands of Thai houses in your area, who will have similar windows and screens, got them out of nowhere?

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Looking at the area there isn't anything showing for Udradit, but Phitsanulok has the big box and home specialty shops like Thai Watsadu, HomePro, Global, SCG Home Solution, etc, but no Mom 'n Pop screen door shops popping up.

 

Google Maps Udradit: 
https://www.google.co.th/maps/search/door+shop/@17.6205795,100.1042676,12z/data=!3m1!4b1

Now look if you change the search term to aluminium shop

 

I can't post the link because of the stupid forum software

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, thequietman said:

The lot. I am looking for the sliding plastic door that keeps out the mozzies on a double patio door. It slots into the frame itself.

Get in your car or your motorbike take a cruise you will run into one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Susco said:

You want to claim that the thousands of Thai houses in your area, who will have similar windows and screens, got them out of nowhere?

 

 

It is not window screens or door screens that I am looking for. It is the plastic mossie screen door that slots into the frame of a patio door. They are not easy to find. Generally, the screen comes with the door when you buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...