Shia LaBeouf's New Movie Is Being Called Out For 'Brownfacing' And The Director Has Responded

snoop1130

Shia LaBeouf's New Movie Is Being Called Out For 'Brownfacing' And The Director Has Responded

By REBECCA SHEPHERD

bvg.PNG

After the trailer for Shia LaBeouf's new movie, The Tax Collector, was released on Friday, people started claiming that the film features 'brownfacing':

Viewers were also concerned about Shia - who plays a character called Creeper - seeming to imitate a Mexican accent.

Claiming that the film features 'brownface' one person took to Twitter writing: "Shia LaBeouf - only white boy in cast of brown/black people bc they couldn't find one more qualified brown or black actor in Hollywood? But his #BrownFace is okay because he got full chest tattoo & a tooth pulled for the role to be more like one of them. How f**king insulting."

Another added: "Wouldn't the director (who also wrote the film) be "at fault here"..." Funny someone would bring him up because the director of the film, David Ayer, has addressed his decision to cast LeBeouf in the role of a Latino character.

Full Story: https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/tv-and-film-shia-labeoufs-new-movie-is-being-called-out-for-brownfacing-20200705

And this is why the powers at be always get us, the general population! We’re too busy playing around with <deleted> to keep an eye on what’s really going on! 

• Like 1

It's like all the black people looking the white people tearing down things and painting graffiti about BLM. They are laughing an/or trying to get them to stop. Sure there are the ones egging them on, but I do not believe they are anywhere near the majority. I did not find Shia Labeouf bad in any of the Transformer movies. Never followed on why he was ousted. I do/did not care.

I may go watch this movie just to snub my nose at the woke ones. (can we call them wokies?)