Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting ACCESS DENIED 404 Error while trying to Edit & process my online visa application?

Also had passport photos done in Thailand for Visa application but it won't accept them. Last year had a few niggles but really applied OK this time it's a nightmare. Old passport picture accepted new scan "NO" same passport. Has anyone cracked this yet? Thank you..😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you let us know what country you are applying for a visa for please. Are you applying for a visa for Thailand, or for another country?

 

Could you also provide a link to the website you are applying on please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was applying for a Thai visa online , I got "Access denied" after making ten attempts.

Uploading the wrong size photo was regarded as one attempt .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Could you let us know what country you are applying for a visa for please. Are you applying for a visa for Thailand, or for another country?

 

Could you also provide a link to the website you are applying on please.

Possibly state what Browser you're using too (Chrome, Firefox, Edge or ???)

Some websites only "play nicely" with certain browsers due to poor development effort (said he a former software tester) 

Regarding pictures, there is sometimes a file size limit.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which embassy are you trying to apply at using the e-visa site. Not all 3 of the are issuing visas at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, VBF said:

Possibly state what Browser you're using too (Chrome, Firefox, Edge or ???)

Some websites only "play nicely" with certain browsers due to poor development effort (said he a former software tester) 

Regarding pictures, there is sometimes a file size limit.

Thank you, I am applying in London & web browser is Firefox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Which embassy are you trying to apply at using the e-visa site. Not all 3 of the are issuing visas at this time.

Thank you Ubonjoe. I am applying to the London Embassy. I had wondered if they were accepting applications but as you might expect there is nothing on their website to indicated any changes. I was applying for a Visa for Early October just to save it but the problems are unbelievable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, VBF said:

Possibly state what Browser you're using too (Chrome, Firefox, Edge or ???)

Some websites only "play nicely" with certain browsers due to poor development effort (said he a former software tester) 

Regarding pictures, there is sometimes a file size limit.

I understand that there are file size limits but it took last years passport copy but not last years picture or the new ones taken this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, les1 said:

Thank you, I am applying in London & web browser is Firefox.

Info about browsers (Chrome and Firefox) and settings is here. https://thaievisa.go.th/Files/RecommendBrowser.pdf

 

2 minutes ago, les1 said:

Thank you Ubonjoe. I am applying to the London Embassy. I had wondered if they were accepting applications but as you might expect there is nothing on their website to indicated any changes. I was applying for a Visa for Early October just to save it but the problems are unbelievable.

 

image.png.e65bc6162f2dd41dc60fa710c293c03e.png

From the embassy website homepage. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@ubonjoe has basically told us that services are suspended pro tem. (Still the case as of this moment)

 

However I went as far as the the signup page   https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/SignUpIndividual but didn't want to go any further until I need to...whenever that is.

I happen to be using Chrome but as has been stated, FF is supposed to work too.

 

It might be worth checking that any browser extensions are disabled; I don't have much experience with FF, but for example, in Chrome, my Scriptsafe, Adblock and Ghostery extensions can cause all sorts of access issues...as they're meant to! Also pay attention to the Javascript setting which may cause problems if incorrect (see the link above)

 

@les1 I can see why you'd like to get a Visa "in the bag" but If it were me I'd wait, because there's nothing anywhere that confirms:

 

  1. When flights into Thailand will be fully resumed - visas have a validity period
  2. When the requirement for this elusive Covid-free certificate will be....altered or removed...or whatever

 

You may find that even if you do succeed in getting a visa it's wasted anyway; sadly that's the reality of the present situation, which as I've said elsewhere is very volatile. (There ain't no "new normals" despite much of the rhetoric 🤨)

 

It would be helpful if you update this topic if and when you succeed in your application and tell us what it took. Good Luck

Edited by VBF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, les1 said:

I understand that there are file size limits but it took last years passport copy but not last years picture or the new ones taken this year.

Try to lighten (or darken) the image using Picture Manager, or even just the "Autocorrect" function.  Makes negligible difference to what you see on screen but in my case the picture was then accepted by the visa system autochecker.  Keep your original safe in case you overdo editing and want to start again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, treetops said:

Try to lighten (or darken) the image using Picture Manager, or even just the "Autocorrect" function.  Makes negligible difference to what you see on screen but in my case the picture was then accepted by the visa system autochecker.  Keep your original safe in case you overdo editing and want to start again.

Good idea..... or open the image in Paint or similar and resize the image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VBF said:

@ubonjoe has basically told us that services are suspended pro tem. (Still the case as of this moment)

 

However I went as far as the the signup page   https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/SignUpIndividual but didn't want to go any further until I need to...whenever that is.

I happen to be using Chrome but as has been stated, FF is supposed to work too.

 

It might be worth checking that any browser extensions are disabled; I don't have much experience with FF, but for example, in Chrome, my Scriptsafe, Adblock and Ghostery extensions can cause all sorts of access issues...as they're meant to! Also pay attention to the Javascript setting which may cause problems if incorrect (see the link above)

 

@les1 I can see why you'd like to get a Visa "in the bag" but If it were me I'd wait, because there's nothing anywhere that confirms:

 

  1. When flights into Thailand will be fully resumed - visas have a validity period
  2. When the requirement for this elusive Covid-free certificate will be....altered or removed...or whatever

 

You may find that even if you do succeed in getting a visa it's wasted anyway; sadly that's the reality of the present situation, which as I've said elsewhere is very volatile. (There ain't no "new normals" despite much of the rhetoric 🤨)

 

It would be helpful if you update this topic if and when you succeed in your application and tell us what it took. Good Luck

Thanks everyone all noted..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...