Thailand says monkey labour 'almost non-existent' after UK shop ban

webfact

37 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Ok Mr Superiority.

How you get the coconut from the tall old tree? 

Burmese kids?

Use a ladder or a personnel height access device like a MEWP (elevated work platform).

It's called industrialisation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Is Carrie a vegan? 

Safer for monkeys do it than human. Burmese people will die now. Sure. Carrie should think. 

I think she low knowledge. The old tree is to high for the stick.

And

“On 4 April 2020, Symonds announced on Twitter that she was in recovery after experiencing symptoms of coronavirus and spending a week in bed. She was not tested for the disease.” 

Boris positive, why not test Carrie? Carrie spread coronavirus?

Safer for Monkeys to do it, Burmese people will die now.

This really sums up Thailand and the attitude of many people, and why Farangs do not understand.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Safer for Monkeys to do it, Burmese people will die now.

This really sums up Thailand and the attitude of many people, and why Farangs do not understand.

Yep, sometimes you just have to shake your head mate. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

I see a lot of trucks with monkeys every day. The trucks doing wellover the speed limit and the animals clinging on to it. Pure animal cruelty. The man is clearly llying.

...and we see dogs with there heads out of car windows at speed. 

Do you have a picture of your said animal cruelty linking it with agriculture?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

what are the true facts that the UK is not understanding?

"Thailand last year exported coconut milk worth 12.3 billion baht ($396 million), about 8% of it to Britain".

That's not including internal consumption/sales here in Thailand.

How many monkeys do you think it would take to collect enough coconuts to supply this amount of milk?

How many monkeys have you, or your friends or families, actually observed employed as such?

Where are all these monkeys working and where are they kept?

What official organisation or UK daily rag is publishing these 'facts'?

Is that enough 'true facts'  or more sensibly, obvious questions one should ask before jumping to the defence of sensationalist stories from the UK?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Safer for monkeys do it than human. Burmese people will die now.

That statement in itself says it all ????

I wonder if any of the 14 or so million Thai's that could lose their jobs due to Covid-19 would be willing to climb up trees to collect coconuts for money to feed their families....hmm, the article says 370,000 are from the farming sector. 

When did Thai's care for the Burmese cheap labourers Yinn ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoilSpoil said:

I see a lot of trucks with monkeys every day. The trucks doing wellover the speed limit and the animals clinging on to it. Pure animal cruelty. The man is clearly llying.

I see lots of people sleeping on the streets in the UK. Pure human cruelty.

Cruelty is in the eye of the beholder and no doubt you have irrefutable proof that a goldfish is mentally disturbed by imprisonment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

My house is surrounded by coconut trees, and they get picked frequently.

I've never seen monkey or humans climb up the trees, as they use a very long bamboo stick to cut the coconuts, and yes I estimate that those sticks are more than 15 meters long.

Monkey's lives matter ????

The philosophers GIF - Find on GIFER

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I see lots of people sleeping on the streets in the UK. Pure human cruelty.

Cruelty is in the eye of the beholder and no doubt you have irrefutable proof that a goldfish is mentally disturbed by imprisonment. 

If the gold fish, unlike you it appears, has  spatial awareness, cognitive skills and intrapersonal intelligence, yes then you could call clinging on a speeding truck cruel.

• Haha 1

Look behind the curtain. This isn't about monkey labour or coconut milk production. This is the UK turning the screw in retaliation for the treatment of British citizens in Thailand and the cosy relationship it now has with China. It's a subtle tap on the shoulder to say "erm calm it down a bit little man" . The red lighting of Thai citizens to travel to the UK and now this is no coincidence. More to come in the not to distant future.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

This is not true. I see many Thais here driving their monkeys to pick coconuts. There are also 3 monkeys down the street from us. I see 2 of them regularly, and they're restrained by short chains 99% of the time. It's so sad. The 3rd monkey I see being walked and beaten and screamed at by his owner. I should get videos & pictures.

• Like 2