Finance rolls out tax measures to help businesses to keep their employees

webfact

Finance rolls out tax measures to help businesses to keep their employees

7623D6C3-F676-49E3-9EAA-4870782C55E8.png

Thailand’s Finance Ministry has introduced tax measures to help cushion the serious economic impacts of COVID-19 on businesses and employment.

The Finance Ministry’s spokesman, Mr. Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, said today that, in Thailand, many businesses in the export, industrial and tourism sectors are being forced to close, leaving millions of employees redundant.

To help them retain their employees, he said that the Excise Department has cut excise tax on certain products and services. For instance, he said that the excise tax on electric tricycles will be reduced from 4% to 2% and the enforcement of new excise taxes on cigarettes and tobacco will be postponed until October next year.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/finance-rolls-out-tax-measures-to-help-businesses-to-keep-their-employees/

thaipbs.jpg

4 hours ago, webfact said:

he said that the excise tax on electric tricycles will be reduced from 4% to 2%

Gee, K Thanakorn, thank you so much! That's really going to help my business recover. I can't believe that no-one thought of this business-saving, job-saving, indeed life-saving measure until now. All the tourist businesses up and down the country must be overjoyed today on hearing this fantastic news. You are truly part of a Government that just keeps on giving (nothing). You must be so proud of yourself.

• Thanks 2

"the excise tax on electric tricycles will be reduced from 4% to 2% and

the enforcement of new excise taxes on cigarettes and tobacco will be

postponed until October next year"

... thank god. My business is saved !!! I was really worried about the tricycle issue.

• Like 2