NFL: Trump slams Washington Redskins as team re-evaluates name

webfact

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s entirely a matter for the business owners.

Businesses change names all the time, why then the fuss over this name change?

Yes, they are rather stupid names for sports teams when you think about it .

*Cowboys, Indians , Eskimos, Red sox , Yankees *

They should change their names to sensible names  , like 

Washington United

New York City

Detroit Wanderers 

Edmonton Albion .

Time for the silly names to go 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yes, they are rather stupid names for sports teams when you think about it .

*Cowboys, Indians , Eskimos, Red sox , Yankees *

They should change their names to sensible names  , like 

Washington United

New York City

Detroit Wanderers 

Edmonton Albion .

Time for the silly names to go 

So instead of the Los Angeles Rams, they should be the Los Angeles Stormdrain, The Dodgers should be the LA Bases, and the Anaheim Angels should be just the Halo's, I think I get what your saying, what is in a name anyway....well lets see, how about History, or as the teams jump ship from one State to another, the names are sometimes owned by the city and the name is changed instead of paying out for the name to be kept.....Easy to get rid of a sponsor and rename your stadium if you have the money to break the contract. 

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So instead of the Los Angeles Rams, they should be the Los Angeles Stormdrain, The Dodgers should be the LA Bases, and the Anaheim Angels should be just the Halo's, I think I get what your saying, what is in a name anyway....well lets see, how about History, or as the teams jump ship from one State to another, the names are sometimes owned by the city and the name is changed instead of paying out for the name to be kept.....Easy to get rid of a sponsor and rename your stadium if you have the money to break the contract. 

Agree with you that the la angels should be renamed to include the town they're playing in.

It is only offensive to the Woke movement and there agenda.  A name has historical connotations for the franchise, and becomes there Identity, not only in marketing, but in memories of fans as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Screwing around with names and traditions is an attack on Americas culture ! In this instance, It's Americas past time, Football,Baseball and Basketball ! Ya have to be American to appreciate that!

I have sent out emails to various professional sports organizations recently ,opposing these far left attack tactics by the social justice warrior cults! 

They all emailed me and said you overstepped yourself.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s entirely a matter for the business owners.

Businesses change names all the time, why then the fuss over this name change?

I did ask you whether you agreed with the name change or not .

From the survey above , 90 % of American Indians  werent offended by the name *Redskins* and the most picked emoticon was *Proud* of the name .

Should the Redskins be made to change their name, against the wishes of the Club , supporters  and Native American Indians themselves , just because some antifas, White supremacists, KKK have issues with the name (Redskins)/ peoples ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I did ask you whether you agreed with the name change or not .

From the survey above , 90 % of American Indians  werent offended by the name *Redskins* and the most picked emoticon was *Proud* of the name .

Should the Redskins be made to change their name, against the wishes of the Club , supporters  and Native American Indians themselves , just because some antifas, White supremacists, KKK have issues with the name (Redskins)/ peoples ?

Did the survey reveal if any of those people/groups own the team?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Dap said:

At the very least, it's a start in the right direction.

The direction to the gray zone where everyone is to be satisfied and satiated.  I think not.  It is destroying not only history, culture, but heritage as well.  Everything has already been painted with a broad brush and everyone and anyone is offended by something in this world.  People need to just suck it up and quit being babies about what they perceive to be a injustice in their own views.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, stevenl said:

History can not be destroyed.

I would say it is creating history.

Say what?  Yes new history is being created with a whitewashing of the prior history because folks find it either, offensive, the players are now deemed to be racists, and historical views of the past are now deemed bad.  The way to correct this is to write addendums to historical events and indicate how certain folks actually created problems later in life for those that came after them instead of re-writing and whitewashing it or destroying things such as films or books, franchise names, and marketed goods. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DavisH said:

Rather than changing their name, why doesn't the team so something to support their local native populations - reduced price tickets to games, finding their kid's education, etc. I'm sure the team has plenty of money. Or is this not the US way?

Sounds like ransom !

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Say what?  Yes new history is being created with a whitewashing of the prior history because folks find it either, offensive, the players are now deemed to be racists, and historical views of the past are now deemed bad.  The way to correct this is to write addendums to historical events and indicate how certain folks actually created problems later in life for those that came after them instead of re-writing and whitewashing it or destroying things such as films or books, franchise names, and marketed goods. 

Nobody is rewriting or whitewashing history here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Nobody is rewriting or whitewashing history here.

No just a team being extorted and pushed to make a decision on a franchise name that serves as an identity for many former players, Hall of famers, and fans.  Will the memorabilia be worth more if the name of the team is changed or will it diminish in Value.  Will my signed football and Joe Theismann Jersey become worthless or what.  Will the name be changed in historical records or will they be known as the team formerly named the Washington Redskins as an annotated note in the Hall of Fame or in sport books from here on forward.  Do you see what this all leads too?

• Thanks 1

>Having problems coming up with excuses for him again?<

No excuses for him/her/it; is to blunt for that. Thought I try it another way to sting him/her/it.

Edited by hugocnx
  • Sad 1