NFL: Trump slams Washington Redskins as team re-evaluates name

webfact

3 hours ago, Morch said:

So, to be clear, in your mind, Trump's comments and words carry the same effect as an everyday Joe posting on social media? Was there a shortage of instances where his tweets caused trouble? Fanned the flames? Increased divisions?

The only time that I read Trumps tweets is when someone posts them on here .

In this small little World that we live in called Thai Visa , other posters posts are more relevant to me than some guy in Washington .

*Should USA sports teams have American Indian tribes in their name* , is what we should be discussing , rather than discussing what Trump thinks about the situation .

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

In this small little World that we live in called Thai Visa , other posters posts are more relevant to me than some guy in Washington .

*Should USA sports teams have American Indian tribes in their name* , is what we should be discussing , rather than discussing what Trump thinks about the situation .

Now, as to your question on whether sports teams should change their names or indian tribes names or whatever.

I dont care. Thats between the owners and sponsors.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Thank you for your opinion on what you want to be discussed.

Trump has millions of followers on his twitter. And those twits are official US presidential comments on policy. So if you are not interested thats a matter for you.

If you are not intetested then perhaps complain about the president commenting.

So this thread is about what the president thinks. If you dont like it then open a thread of your own about the president and his twits are irrelevant.

Rather than having to think about any given subject , its much easier just to log on and post about Trump, post the same things day in and day out about him , same group on TVF posters all criticizing Trump ,  must be easy, all agreeing with each other and all saying the same things over and over again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Redline said:

In any case, I have many Native American friends, and they are not fond of being called redskins.  In fact, it is a stigma.  I grew up next to the Seneca Nation reservation in NYS, in case you are going to ask.

I presume, like most Americans, you know little about Native Americans, besides history lessons ????

I do think that this should be settled by asking the Redskins/American Indians themselves .

Let them all discuss it amongst themselves and them come back and give the answer .

And that settles it .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Have the USA electorate forgotten about all the other issues now that Trump has commented on this story ?

Are people able to think about more things than just one thing ?

People can. For example, they can think about both the name change issue, and Trump's butting in. You, however, seem fixated on the latter - and unable to digest the other angle.

• Like 2

I don't believe you. The reason being that Trump's tweets appear or are quoted in many reports, stories and columns covering current events. It is practically impossible not to be aware of them or avoid reading them.

You do not get to dictate what should be discussed. Ignoring Trump's words, and pretending they do not carry any weight, well that's your own choice. Regardless, you've already received several replies as to the name change thing itself, which you seem to ignore as well.

• Thanks 2

Rather than having to think about any given subject , its much easier just to log on and post about Trump, post the same things day in and day out about him , same group on TVF posters all criticizing Trump ,  must be easy, all agreeing with each other and all saying the same things over and over again 

Rather than pretending no comments were made on the issue of name change, perhaps bother to read the topic. I don't see you complaining much about Trump supporters jumping in on each and every semi related topic to either adulate Trump or disparage any opposition. As for saying the same things over and over again, well you should know - been going about the same bogus complaint for quite a few posts now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Morch said:

I don't believe you. The reason being that Trump's tweets appear or are quoted in many reports, stories and columns covering current events. It is practically impossible not to be aware of them or avoid reading them.

You do not get to dictate what should be discussed. Ignoring Trump's words, and pretending they do not carry any weight, well that's your own choice. Regardless, you've already received several replies as to the name change thing itself, which you seem to ignore as well.

Anyway, what do you think about the Redskins changing their name ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Anyway, what do you think about the Redskins changing their name ?

I think you're lost and looking for a bridge. Until you find one, maybe actually bother to read posts?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1171570-nfl-trump-slams-washington-redskins-as-team-re-evaluates-name/page/7/?tab=comments#comment-15592995

• Like 1

I do think that this should be settled by asking the Redskins/American Indians themselves .

Let them all discuss it amongst themselves and them come back and give the answer .

And that settles it .

Thats between the owners and the sponsors. This thread isnt about that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

A quote a read today which I think fits here:

Of course, anyone with half a brain has figured by now that it was never about facts and the truth.  He's lord of the flies on team white power and that's all that matters to his supporters.

You just gave us the name of His Lordship's Fantasy Football Team...

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 2:18 AM, Berkshire said:

And you've spoken to a Native American?  Didn't think so.

I never thought "Redskins" to be offensive, but I'm not an American Indian.  At the end of the day, it's about a TEAM'S NAME.  That's it.  It's not going to hurt anybody if they changed their name. 

Why don`t you change your name then,it`s offensive to berks.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:24 AM, riclag said:

Screwing around with names and traditions is an attack on Americas culture ! In this instance, It's Americas past time, Football,Baseball and Basketball ! Ya have to be American to appreciate that!

I have sent out emails to various professional sports organizations recently ,opposing these far left attack tactics by the social justice warrior cults! 

You spelt cult wrong.

Edited by dundee48
sp

9 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

And that settles it .

That would be logical, that’s why it won’t happen 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 6:29 AM, Thailand said:

This political correctness has gone way way over the top and probably for the first time ever I agree with Trump.????

And among others Mercedes changing their racing livery to black, out of control!

And now the black power salute from Hamilton, that should help the pot to boil over!

“We'll never change the name,” Washington owner Dan Snyder told USA Today in 2013 of the “Redskins." “It's that simple. NEVER — you can use caps.” 

Who knew "Never" equals seven years?

Name/logo change a done deal. 

• Haha 1

Judging by the reactions on this thread, one would have to guess Trump is again attempting to fire up his base. That is what he does. Except it does not seem to be working this time around. Things have changed and he is incapable of evolution. 

Trump is cascading towards the greatest humiliation of his lifetime. 

• Haha 1