Pattaya: Russian mum admits murder of daughter, says "voices" from her husband told her to do it

webfact

23 hours ago, steven100 said:

Drug addict .... bingo   !

This refrain seems a bit simplistic, even from you.

The initial reports mentioned a white powder and suggestions of Methamphetamine. Her skin, as aforementioned by another poster, looks terrible. Perhaps injuries sustained during the fall or just excessive self medication. But we likely aren't talking about marijuana. 

You really need to take an intelligent approach instead of the frequent baying of "drugs!". 

She clearly has an underlying condition. Perhaps post partum depression. But no chance of an intelligent discussion when you have someone in the background baying "drugs!" 

Because of this occurrence, I learned of two other Russian women with children who contemplated suicide. One definitely with PPP and the other with circumstances that overwhelmed.

So let's try to keep the forum discussion above the totally simplistic. Otherwise it just seem a bit Troll-like, as opposed to promoting an educated discussion.

You can have your views, but perhaps you could try to express them in a more intelligent manner.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

The initial reports mentioned a white powder and suggestions of Methamphetamine. Her skin, as aforementioned by another poster, looks terrible. Perhaps injuries sustained during the fall or just excessive self medication.

Anyway,  i hope they place her where she can no longer become a danger to herself or the public.

25 minutes ago, steven100 said:

My apologize for being so simplistic.  She is most likely addicted to drugs as such I consider her a drug addict.  I have no pity for drug addicts as they chose the path and as I have said before, everyone knows the meaning '  what is right and what is wrong '.   I learnt that drugs are wrong. 

I am tired of folks who use every excuse to void them of any wrong doing or responsibility. If one does something that is wrong or illegal or inappropriate then man up and take responsibility ..... stop the ' I was on drugs or I was drunk '  

An in-depth investigation has concluded that people who smoke marijuana are much more likely to have paranoia than people who don't use the drug.

The study also identifies psychological factors that can lead to feelings of paranoia in people exposed to the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, THC.

https://www.webmd.com/brain/news/20140717/marijuana-paranoia#1

Sorry, but lost interest after the first two sentences. Perhaps you should look closer at your obsession with drugs.

As aforementioned, there is likely an underlying condition.

People often-self medicate. It might appear to work for them, calming them down, but it also means that they never treat the underlying condition.

So what you might see is the underlying condition getting worse because of no supportive treatment.

So then the uninformed or unintelligent will focus on what is obvious to them, as opposed to the actual issue.

The actual issue her underlying condition. I know because I deal with these people quite often.

The have issue ranging from extreme anxiety to PPP and some choose to self-medicate. They find it calms them down, but they never learn to deal with the actual issues.

The reality is that even prescribed drugs can have the same effect. They are merely suppressing the symptoms and worse still, can become addictive. Hence the cliche "Off their meds"

The real problem is that the person never learns how to deal with their underlying condition, as they are simply suppressing it with the medication, legal or illegal.

I hope that you can open your mind beyond your obsession with illegal 'drugs', to perhaps understanding why people take drugs at all. Legal or illegal.

Almost every person I met who took illegal 'drugs', was self medicating. They all had issues.

So you calling them nutters makes you look the one with limited intelligence.

Once again, it is perfectly fine that you have your view, but expand and expound on it in a more intelligent manner.

That way, you can differentiate between the cases. Labelling them all drug taking nutters only makes you seem unintelligent. Then you are calling millions of people who are also taking legal drugs prescribed by doctors for the same conditions "drug taking nutters" too.

There are many people who have committed suicide or worse whilst taking prescribed drugs. Would you call them "drug taking nutters" or just "nutters"? 

You see, you might have a strong opinion, but it doesn't mean that you are right. All you are doing is looking for anything to reinforce that opinion.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, steven100 said:

An in-depth investigation has concluded that people who smoke marijuana are much more likely to have paranoia than people who don't use the drug.

I think it is the wrong use of the word paranoia, I would say its more of an uncomfortable nervousness/hypervigilence (I know quite a few people who stopped smoking because of this) ... As far as i am concerned, there is no "they are coming to get me/impending doom" , unless there were already underlying conditions.

On 7/9/2020 at 7:08 AM, Myran said:

Execute her. Being a drug addict is no mitigating factor – she chose to put that garbage into her body, with her child present, no less.

Who suggested such a thing?

Look at it this way....what if she is schizophrenic? Hearing voices etc. Then takes drugs to alleviate the symptoms.

How would you be able to isolate the drugs being responsible when without the drugs she would hear voices?

That's why I state shouting "DRUGS!" doesn't move our knowledge forward. The drugs might have actually been beneficial in some ways. But they didn't treat the underlying condition.

She may also have been directed to take certain medicines, but had not been taking them.

Of course this is all theoretical, as I really don't know anything of her circumstances. Only that it is a sad and horrible occurrence.

On 7/9/2020 at 12:36 PM, Eindhoven said:

Almost every person I met who took illegal 'drugs', was self medicating.

Almost every person I met who used illegal drugs (and that's a lot) was an unashamed hedonist.

Me included.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Almost every person I met who used illegal drugs (and that's a lot) was an unashamed hedonist.

Me included.

Perhaps, but dig a little deeper. That's what I've found anyway. They would tell me the reason that they were doing it was "because they liked it". But dig a little deeper and you find the underlying issues that they are treating..

21 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Who suggested such a thing?

Look at it this way....what if she is schizophrenic? Hearing voices etc. Then takes drugs to alleviate the symptoms.

How would you be able to isolate the drugs being responsible when without the drugs she would hear voices?

That's why I state shouting "DRUGS!" doesn't move our knowledge forward. The drugs might have actually been beneficial in some ways. But they didn't treat the underlying condition.

She may also have been directed to take certain medicines, but had not been taking them.

Of course this is all theoretical, as I really don't know anything of her circumstances. Only that it is a sad and horrible occurrence.

I suggested such a thing, hence why it was in my post where I voiced my opinion. I don't need any more info than that she repeatedly smashed her toddler against a toilet until she died. She's a monster, regardless of what caused her to act this way. Execute her.

On 7/7/2020 at 2:24 PM, TKI said:

Infinitely heart wrenching. Nothing else to say. Who of us has the right to judge or accuse without full knowledge of all facts and circumstances?! 

Obviously, you don't yet understand how the Thaivisa members justice system works!

• Confused 1