No way to get Non B outside Thailand so wp can be extended

Hi

I am sure many people are in the same situation. Many small company owners have to exit Thailand on a 3 monthly 6 monthly or if lucky yearly to obtain a non b outside the country as their company does not qualify for non b extension in Bangkok. So it seems no way to renew work permit without having a valid non b which needs to be obtained outside the country, not all embassies and consulates are processing non b and the hoops needed to return to Thailand are difficult to say the least and one document can take 2 to 3 weeks to obtain.

comments welcome

I am facing the same problem I’m currently on a tourist visa and need to get non b outside of Thailand ( I’ve already asked immigration and my employer and they said defo can not get it done inside Thailand in my case)

inneed to get my work permit acceptance letter first before I can even plan on leaving for the non b but the problem I also face is the place that issues those letters is not giving them out still.

Further info on what they need if you want to come and work here when you apply in the uk

For non-Thai who are going to work in Thailand

While Thailand still puts in place travel restriction, those who are going to work or attend business meetings in Thailand can apply for the Certificate of Entry. The decision will be made in Bangkok by a committee comprising relevant authorities and this process takes time.  

Required documents, which must be submitted by email to [email protected] : 

1. Your passport copy
  2. A copy of letter of permission to work or to attend business meeting in Thailand from a Thai government agency (your employer/company in Thailand has to seek this permission from the Thai authorities)
  3. A copy of letter from your employer (or yourself if you own a company) that you need to work or attend business meetings in Thailand
  4. Declaration form, duly completed and signed
  5. A copy of your health insurance policy with coverage including COVID-related treatment in Thailand in the amount no less than 100,000 USD (or a company letter certifying that they will pay for your medical expenses including COVID-19)   

All non-Thai passengers will be subject to a 14-day quarantine at their own expenses at one of the facilities for Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) that have been approved by the Thai authorities. The reservation can be made later and need not be submitted at this stage.

Once approved, you will be duly notified. Then, you would need to (1) book a flight, (2) book anSQ hotel, and (3) prepare a fit to fly health certificate within 72 hours before departure that you are free from COVID-like symptoms, and send a copy to the Embassy to issue a certificate of entry to Thailand.

If your visa has expired, you have to apply for a new visa after you have been notified above. Please see our visa page for more detail.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html

What you need to prepare hard copy to present at the immigration in Thailand:

1. The Certificate of Entry 

2. Declaration form (with updated flight)

3. Copy of your work permit (even if expired)

4. Fit to Fly health certificate, issued within 72 hours before departure 

5. Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure

6. Copy of your insurance policy which covers COVID and no less than 100,000 USD 

7. Copy of your confirmed booking at an ASQ hotel

8. T.8 form

Latest update from my employer is that the visa system is closed for applications until 31 July,

he has a board of investment company and there is almost no backdoors / loopholes with visas for these.

seems I have no other option but to hope come August 1nthe amnesty has been extended AND can apply for WP letter

14 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Talking about work permit, is the procedure the same for individual applicants, like foreigners running an online business for example, and having no company?

Requirements compose of many things, one being that there must be 4 Thai employees for every foreigner. 

Edited by MangoPineappleBanana
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Talking about work permit, is the procedure the same for individual applicants, like foreigners running an online business for example, and having no company?

You have to be working for a registered Thai company or partnership to apply for a work permit. And it has to registered with 2 million baht of capital at the minimum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to be working for a registered Thai company or partnership to apply for a work permit. And it has to registered with 2 million baht of capital at the minimum.

OK, but what about individuals not working for a company (like those doing online business from home, for example).

If not a work permit, what kind of authorization for working do they need to have?

28 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

If not a work permit, what kind of authorization for working do they need to have?

Most do not have anything. Working online is a grey area and many people are doing it without a problem. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

There is no procedure for individuals working independently.

If you will have Thai customers, you are stuck, and going ahead risks serious repercussions.

If you have an online company that deals 100% with overseas customers, working without a work permit is still technically illegal. However, it is tolerated. The authorities are well aware that there is no legal path for so called "digital nomads" and they leaver you alone.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BritTim said:

There is no procedure for individuals working independently.

If you will have Thai customers, you are stuck, and going ahead risks serious repercussions.

If you have an online company that deals 100% with overseas customers, working without a work permit is still technically illegal. However, it is tolerated. The authorities are well aware that there is no legal path for so called "digital nomads" and they leaver you alone.

Thanks.

So, as far as I understand, the only way to work legally, in any capacity, is to have a work permit, and by extension that you need to have (or be recruited by) a company first.

8 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Thanks.

So, as far as I understand, the only way to work legally, in any capacity, is to have a work permit, and by extension that you need to have (or be recruited by) a company first.

You generally need to be employed by a Thai company that assists you in getting a work permit. There are some less common alternatives, but they are typically only for those making short trips to Thailand as a representative of a foreign company, not those living and working here.

• Like 1