BANGKOK

Hi 10 days ago i purchased a VPN with Surfshark,paid it via paypal and paypal deducted the payment from my K-shopping card,since I wasn't happy with Surfshark I asked for a refund.Surfshark refunded my money at next day.Paypal activity shows refundet to xxxxxxx Visa Debit card,but unfortunately the money never arrived at my card account or bank account.Paypal doesn't let me dispute and open a case,because they say I received my money.K-Bank says they never received anything and I should dispute the payment to Surfshark.Is that the normal procedure with paypal?

• Haha 1

Seller and Paypal refunded you the money.

The issue is obviously with Kasikorn. 

As a side note sometimes you need to wait quite a while for a transaction to be recorded. Once I waited for an eBay refund for over 2 weeks even though the seller refunded immediately. 

I suggest you wait a week more and then start complaining with kasikorn.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Seller and Paypal refunded you the money.

The issue is obviously with Kasikorn. 

As a side note sometimes you need to wait quite a while for a transaction to be recorded. Once I waited for an eBay refund for over 2 weeks even though the seller refunded immediately. 

I suggest you wait a week more and then start complaining with kasikorn.

Ok,thanks but in the future I won't use paypal anymore,it is impossible to talk to anyone from paypal,no email,phone number nobody answer,twitter no reply,facebook no reply.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Ok,thanks but in the future I won't use paypal anymore,it is impossible to talk to anyone from paypal,no email,phone number nobody answer,twitter no reply,facebook no reply.

Just an info:

I use my E.U. PayPal connected with my KK WEB card …..because of the KK visa cover PayPal takes it as a credit card ( as such I connected it, and is so recognized after PayPal tested a small withdraw / deposit  .)

Once a money  return from Aliexpress came just swift back on the Acc . who covered that web card .

Edited by david555

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

Just an info:

I use my E.U. PayPal connected with my KK WEB card …..because of the KK visa cover PayPal takes it as a credit card ( as such I connected and is so recognized .)

Once a money  return from Aliexpress came just swift back on the Acc . who covered that web card .

I use the same card but registered in Thailand

1 minute ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I use the same card but registered in Thailand

I have still my E.U. gsm number working order , connected to my E.U. address before I came live in Thailand , sometimes PayPal ask a confirmation number on that telephone as verification ….. I never changed to PayPal my address 

Probably you had set your card to automatic paying as then when you buy online you must not fill in credentials ......you can switch that of ,so you must more identify or fill in things ....can be done in settings and then security section.

Also possible then get a code set to your phone to fill in on website as verification.

Saves you the big phone bill ....😉

Spend a bit on Paypal credit, i bet they will never freeze your account if you owe them, in the UK at least you get 4 months interest free credit, I always bet my plane ticket this way these days

It can take 7 days for withdrawn funds to arrive in a Thai Bank from Paypal

Refunds will probably take longer

21 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

Spend a bit on Paypal credit, i bet they will never freeze your account if you owe them, in the UK at least you get 4 months interest free credit, I always bet my plane ticket this way these days

Good tip, because the w**ankers froze 2 of my account permanently without giving a reason. You can't even contct them any more if that happens.

I usually never leave money in the account for longer than a day, now unfortunately, thee last event there was a small amount in the account and they sent me an email that all funds would be frozen for 180 days.

I went to my account within 30 minutes after I received the email, and however the account hadt the notification already, I was able to transfer the funds to my KK bank account, and they arrived 3 days later

• Haha 1

I used to get paid via PayPal, I ignored their requests to verify my account, and they froze my account after 9 months. 

I called them, it was a local number but was answered in Kuala Lumpur. The operator was really helpful and spoke excellent English, sorted my issue and they even gave me $10 Xmas gift and thanked me for calling.

i checked the site, due to COVID they are operating a limited customer service. 

12 hours ago, bartender100 said:

I guess they don't offer that in Thailand,I know they do in Europe

37 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I used to get paid via PayPal, I ignored their requests to verify my account, and they froze my account after 9 months. 

I called them, it was a local number but was answered in Kuala Lumpur. The operator was really helpful and spoke excellent English, sorted my issue and they even gave me $10 Xmas gift and thanked me for calling.

i checked the site, due to COVID they are operating a limited customer service. 

They are always on limited customer service.I wonder why they can operate like that.It is almost impossible to reach them.Thisctime it is only 1600thb,but what if it is 160000thb.I don't understand why I have to run behind my money and it is impossible to get help from PayPal.It could be so easy