PayPal to Kasikorn

Hi 10 days ago i purchased a VPN with Surfshark,paid it via paypal and paypal deducted the payment from my K-shopping card,since I wasn't happy with Surfshark I asked for a refund.Surfshark refunded my money at next day.Paypal activity shows refundet to xxxxxxx Visa Debit card,but unfortunately the money never arrived at my card account or bank account.Paypal doesn't let me dispute and open a case,because they say I received my money.K-Bank says they never received anything and I should dispute the payment to Surfshark.Is that the normal procedure with paypal?

• Haha 1

Seller and Paypal refunded you the money.

The issue is obviously with Kasikorn. 

As a side note sometimes you need to wait quite a while for a transaction to be recorded. Once I waited for an eBay refund for over 2 weeks even though the seller refunded immediately. 

I suggest you wait a week more and then start complaining with kasikorn.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Seller and Paypal refunded you the money.

The issue is obviously with Kasikorn. 

As a side note sometimes you need to wait quite a while for a transaction to be recorded. Once I waited for an eBay refund for over 2 weeks even though the seller refunded immediately. 

I suggest you wait a week more and then start complaining with kasikorn.

Ok,thanks but in the future I won't use paypal anymore,it is impossible to talk to anyone from paypal,no email,phone number nobody answer,twitter no reply,facebook no reply.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Ok,thanks but in the future I won't use paypal anymore,it is impossible to talk to anyone from paypal,no email,phone number nobody answer,twitter no reply,facebook no reply.

Just an info:

I use my E.U. PayPal connected with my KK WEB card …..because of the KK visa cover PayPal takes it as a credit card ( as such I connected it, and is so recognized after PayPal tested a small withdraw / deposit  .)

Once a money  return from Aliexpress came just swift back on the Acc . who covered that web card .

Edited by david555

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

Just an info:

I use my E.U. PayPal connected with my KK WEB card …..because of the KK visa cover PayPal takes it as a credit card ( as such I connected and is so recognized .)

Once a money  return from Aliexpress came just swift back on the Acc . who covered that web card .

I use the same card but registered in Thailand

1 minute ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I use the same card but registered in Thailand

I have still my E.U. gsm number working order , connected to my E.U. address before I came live in Thailand , sometimes PayPal ask a confirmation number on that telephone as verification ….. I never changed to PayPal my address 

Probably you had set your card to automatic paying as then when you buy online you must not fill in credentials ......you can switch that of ,so you must more identify or fill in things ....can be done in settings and then security section.

Also possible then get a code set to your phone to fill in on website as verification.

Saves you the big phone bill ....????

21 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

Spend a bit on Paypal credit, i bet they will never freeze your account if you owe them, in the UK at least you get 4 months interest free credit, I always bet my plane ticket this way these days

Good tip, because the w**ankers froze 2 of my account permanently without giving a reason. You can't even contct them any more if that happens.

I usually never leave money in the account for longer than a day, now unfortunately, thee last event there was a small amount in the account and they sent me an email that all funds would be frozen for 180 days.

I went to my account within 30 minutes after I received the email, and however the account hadt the notification already, I was able to transfer the funds to my KK bank account, and they arrived 3 days later

• Haha 1

I used to get paid via PayPal, I ignored their requests to verify my account, and they froze my account after 9 months. 

I called them, it was a local number but was answered in Kuala Lumpur. The operator was really helpful and spoke excellent English, sorted my issue and they even gave me $10 Xmas gift and thanked me for calling.

i checked the site, due to COVID they are operating a limited customer service. 

12 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Spend a bit on Paypal credit, i bet they will never freeze your account if you owe them, in the UK at least you get 4 months interest free credit, I always bet my plane ticket this way these days

I guess they don't offer that in Thailand,I know they do in Europe

37 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I used to get paid via PayPal, I ignored their requests to verify my account, and they froze my account after 9 months. 

I called them, it was a local number but was answered in Kuala Lumpur. The operator was really helpful and spoke excellent English, sorted my issue and they even gave me $10 Xmas gift and thanked me for calling.

i checked the site, due to COVID they are operating a limited customer service. 

They are always on limited customer service.I wonder why they can operate like that.It is almost impossible to reach them.Thisctime it is only 1600thb,but what if it is 160000thb.I don't understand why I have to run behind my money and it is impossible to get help from PayPal.It could be so easy

13 hours ago, darrendsd said:

It can take 7 days for withdrawn funds to arrive in a Thai Bank from Paypal

Refunds will probably take longer

It's 2020 everything is electronic/digital etc. then 7 days or longer is just not acceptable

13 hours ago, Pib said:

PayPal says it may take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your debit/credit card.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212

image.png.fc48b2aaf2e15caef2d5ec7f73f20601.png

I read somewhere 'Refunds to credit/debit cards usually takes 2-5 business days, however it can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved" 2-5 days is ok,more than that is.......,up tp 30 days is not acceptable,they should pay interest.Now it's 10 days and nothing

41 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

It's 2020 everything is electronic/digital etc. then 7 days or longer is just not acceptable

It is what it is, the very same applies to other merchants as well. Ever booked a flight with AirAsia and requested a refund later?

23 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I have been using Paypal since 2006, linked with debit card (Ksikorn).

I done 100s of purchase transactions through tha past years,, buying digital products, pay for host services, airtickets etc,,  also refunded doezens of transactions, 

refunded amounts will apprear refunded in your paypal account, but the money will be deposited in your bank account within 2 - 3 working days, 

Be aware: when requesting a refund, talk with the vendor first and try to get refund in a friendly manner, once you open a dispute case and the vendor asks you to close the dispute case and he'll refund the money, once you closed that case you can't open it again, 

in the past years I was calling Paypal office in singapore wheneber an issue happened, then they opened a Thai CS (land number) in the last couple of years ago, but recently during this COVID-19 they closed all these offices, they are unreached by phone, only by email,

be patient your money will be in your acc in 2 - 3 days,

hope this helps!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I have used PayPal for years, and I have never had any problems with them regarding refunds. If you can see the refund at PayPal, but after quite a while no money in your bank account, then the problem is K-Bank. 

13 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I have used PayPal for years, and I have never had any problems with them regarding refunds. If you can see the refund at PayPal, but after quite a while no money in your bank account, then the problem is K-Bank. 

You might be right about that,but that's not my point.Why I have to ask you where is my refund?Why I can't talk or communicate in any way with paypal?Again it's only 1600thb,but still  I would like to know where is my money,if it would be 160000thb I would probably report paypal already with the authorities 

18 minutes ago, lexlam said:

I done 100s of purchase transactions through tha past years,, buying digital products, pay for host services, airtickets etc,,  also refunded doezens of transactions, 

refunded amounts will apprear refunded in your paypal account, but the money will be deposited in your bank account within 2 - 3 working days, 

Be aware: when requesting a refund, talk with the vendor first and try to get refund in a friendly manner, once you open a dispute case and the vendor asks you to close the dispute case and he'll refund the money, once you closed that case you can't open it again, 

in the past years I was calling Paypal office in singapore wheneber an issue happened, then they opened a Thai CS (land number) in the last couple of years ago, but recently during this COVID-19 they closed all these offices, they are unreached by phone, only by email,

hope this helps!

Paypal didn't let me start a dispute saying I got my money already,maybe the issue is with Kbank,still for me the issue is paypal,because there is no way to communicate with them.

22 minutes ago, lexlam said:

hope this helps!

I'm patient,but it's not about patience.It's the way paypal is doing business.Absolutely customer unfriendly,

By the way do you still have the Singapore number?

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I read somewhere 'Refunds to credit/debit cards usually takes 2-5 business days, however it can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved" 2-5 days is ok,more than that is.......,up tp 30 days is not acceptable,they should pay interest.Now it's 10 days and nothing

Yeap...electronic payments/refunds could technically happen in seconds if it was not for policies of the financial organizations involved in the payments/refunds....policies which they will say are to protect the consumer and financial organizations.  And all so typical for the two different ends of the payment/refund process to blame the other end or a middle man for any delays.

• Like 1

Maybe it was added to your PayPal account...  

WU 4 years ago was sending money from my US bank to my Thai bank.

2 weeks after multiple calls was told I couldn’t send because I was in Thailand.. finally credited back to my account... and forgot about using 

again. 

Refunds can take a week or more to appear on your account especially if it is a Paypal to Thai bank transaction.  Be patient they will not steal your 50 bucks. You should carefully check your Paypal account. In your case most likely there is 'pending' note under your refund with the estimated date of the cash appearing in your Thai bank.

22 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Paypal didn't let me start a dispute saying I got my money already,maybe the issue is with Kbank,still for me the issue is paypal,because there is no way to communicate with them.

Whe a refund issued, usually paypal sends you an email notofication, did you received that email?

also as I told you wait for few days, normally 2 to 3 working days,

I been using my paypal for almost 15 years, linked with my K-bank debit cards that I renewd (updated) over the years whenever a card got expired, done over than a thousand transactions,,, never had any trouble, only one single time when opened a dispute case then closed it, an the vendor was a cheater, that was the only fault was my mistake, I'm quite experienced with them and fimiliar with paypal transactions, not trying to praise or any, but my experience tells the fact.

don't be worried, wait for few days, otherwise login to your paypal and send them email to solve the matter, 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 10:31 AM, Kenny202 said:

I had a shocking experience with Paypal a year ago. Had been with them 5 years or so, mainly for ebay. I hadn't used them for a long time and by chance one day looked at my linked credit card that I never usually use or check. Small withdrawals of about $300 a time to Paypal. Totalling around $2000 over 2 weeks. Was only luck I picked it up when I did. So I goes to log onto my Paypal account and password no good, locked out. It was then I discovered you can only contact Paypal by logging into your account. Was frantic for a day or so. Finally was able to change my password again and got in. The payments were being made to a jewellery seller on ebay in Australia. I notified Paypal. Robotic responses coming back saying I needed to sort it out with the seller I had purchased the items off (I never purchase anything). Rang the number in America got the run around. I spoke to my bank and they said they couldn't pursue the problem but the best thing I could do was cancel my linked credit card. Then whoever had hacked my account got in, locked me out again and started making withdrawals again!! The next day I finally got a Paypal number in Australia and actually spoke to someone real. They had a quick look at my account and said they could see there was definitely something wrong and they'd look into it. She got back to me within 15 minutes said it was an internal issue and the funds would be refunded etc, which they were I think the next day. Cost me a fortune in phone calls from Thailand.

Was a pretty traumatic experience and I couldn't believe what has become such a huge financial institution could be so uncaring, irresponsible and uncontactable. I would never use them again. At the time I did a google search and it would seem many have had similar problems. The whole scenario was ridiculous 

Never ever use an American payment system. Shockingly fourth world.