Visiting team led by US Army chief not to be quarantined

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

CCSA spokesman Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin said there were six reasons why the group, led by Army chief General James McConville, won’t need to be quarantined – they are

Money, money, money, money, money and money !

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

they are from a “high-ranked organisation”,

And, as we all know, the virus doesn't affect those of rank, such as Prince Charles and Boris Johnson. Very respectful, the virus is. Every day I just shake my head at the utter stupidity of people here. You might expect it from those with a poor education, but these people lead the country and its future is in their hands.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

If I recall my history correctly, it was a widespread outbreak in the US Army that was the major precursor of the Spanish flu of 1918. 

Lightning couldn't strike twice though surely? :cheesy:

About 6 years ago "National Geographic" published a good article on this subject.  The origin has been debated for decades.  Have a read, most likely it didn't start in the US.

The researcher was Canadian and it was before this pandemic so no bias there but guess where it might have come from.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/1/140123-spanish-flu-1918-china-origins-pandemic-science-health/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

If I recall my history correctly, it was a widespread outbreak in the US Army that was the major precursor of the Spanish flu of 1918. 

Yep, during WW1... the pandemic spread with troop movements. But it was just the flu, not the great killer covid-19 Muhahaha!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Visiting team led by US Army chief not to be quarantined

One Rule for the Picked  Elite and Don't matter about the normal Most imported People in the Country the Public.

What a lot of Hypocrites  are in Charge here . Satan will await them.

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

As a minimum Thailand government should insist on it's own covid 19 test that requires only a 1-2 day wait for results.

Assuming the US military was actually tested immediately before entering Thailand, when and with what test type and lab brand was used? Senior White House officials and Secret Service have been infected despite allegedly stringent measures taken in the White House. 

As it is Thailand should insist also on social distancing.

I was tested in New York City , results came back and I was notified two hours later . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

You are correct. The jump from animals to humans apparently happened on a turkey farm in Pennsylvania and the vector was US troops coming from the USA to Europe during WW1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And, as we all know, the virus doesn't affect those of rank, such as Prince Charles and Boris Johnson. Very respectful, the virus is. Every day I just shake my head at the utter stupidity of people here. You might expect it from those with a poor education, but these people lead the country and its future is in their hands.

Problem with this is the elite are still in a poor no one fails education system whether they paid in Thailand or not and unless their parents sent them abroad probably more so, everything is for sale!! Don't reckon any of the present bunch of muppets at the top of the trough score very high on the old intelligence quotient.....

4 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

MY god stop spreading lies ,it was found in France and Spain , , 1st WW soldier brought it from there to  Kansas 

Facts over than a hundred years old has become history... and history books are full of lies. Maybe Bundooman is a historian.???? 

They are from a “high-ranked organisation”, ---- Well covid 19 knows not to mess with them

not more than 10 persons (9), ----- Wow covid 19 can count

travelled for a short distance,------Everyone knows that covid19 only attacks people on long journey's

screened for the virus in the last country they departed,-----Well that guarantees that they don't have it

accompanied by public health officials---- is that the same officials who's  boss thinks they are dirty farang? 

travelled in private vehicles----- Yes of course, everyone knows covid19 only travels in or on public transport.

Have these officials actually looked at the daily new cases reported in the US Armed Forces??

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

No entry without quarantine unless---

6 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

‘Not a risk group’

I thought USA was the HIGHEST risk ?

Have a beer and get over it. All people are not treated equally - and that is ok. The commander is more important than you with different rules of entrance and Thailand cares more about him than you as they should IMO. ????

6 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

‘Not a risk group’

I thought USA was the HIGHEST risk ?

What the hell, they're letting in Yankees who are the biggest risk ever in the whole entire world, which they should not be doing at all!! None of them should be allowed in and if they were, they should be quarantined. Omg, the Yanks are going to start a 2nd wave of COVID-19 here!!

This has to be of major importance.  An Army General coming to meet the PM.

Some important <deleted> must be on the table.  China just took Hong Kong and duking it out

with India in the Himalayas.  U.S. must be looking for all the allies it can get in

the region right now.  They will be asking for a major alliance, no doubt.