Visiting team led by US Army chief not to be quarantined

webfact

7 hours ago, Nice Boyd said:

Get checked for Dementia, the flu started between France and Spain , the first soldier brought it to Kansas, during WW1 it’s not really difficult to do some research than putting foot in mouth , all you do is spread disinformation  

Maybe you should go for a check up.

While it’s unlikely that the “Spanish Flu” originated in Spain, scientists are still unsure of its source. France, China and Britain have all been suggested as the potential birthplace of the virus, as has the United States, where the first known case was reported at a military base in Kansas on March 11, 1918. Researchers have also conducted extensive studies on the remains of victims of the pandemic, but they have yet to discover why the strain that ravaged the world in 1918 was so lethal.

https://www.history.com/news/why-was-it-called-the-spanish-flu

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

If I recall my history correctly, it was a widespread outbreak in the US Army that was the major precursor of the Spanish flu of 1918. 

Lightning couldn't strike twice though surely? :cheesy:

Twice? You mean thrice don't you? According to China the U.S. military visited the Wuhan "bat factory" just before the outbreak bringing in the virus with them I seem to recall. 

Edited by victorpeeke
Typo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bundooman said:

According to history, I understood that the Spanish flu started in the Boston USN Yard in September, 1918, discovered by one Lt. Cdr. Paul Lewis USN, (Medical officer)?

"The great Influenza" John M Barry. Penguin Group, NY.

(Regardless, please do not inform Trump, or he might now decide to call it, "American' flu" or "A-meri-flu" or something...….) 

Yes President Trump should be reminded that the Thais are no ones friends, but the Chinese. Of course when the Gulf of Siam is claimed as the ancestral home of China, we know who Thailand will be begging for on hands & knees

17 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I actually read these 3 pages and now I am not only questioning my own sanity for wasting my time but that of some posters for posting nonsensical arguements.  Jordan Peterson,  where are you? 

i do believe he is currently recovering from a benzo addiction that has left him rather a shell of his former self.

Edited by n00dle

22 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

If I recall my history correctly, it was a widespread outbreak in the US Army that was the major precursor of the Spanish flu of 1918. 

Lightning couldn't strike twice though surely? :cheesy:

they will not learn here WILL they....all others have to be quarrantined so why NOT these??

• Like 1

So, these visitors have had the Covid Test within 72 hours of arrival. And were they isolated between the test and arriving? Then, being on a military base the test becomes redundant because military bases are a wonderful medium for viral spread.

10 hours ago, 67Vagabond said:

The US has the most cases because they’ve tested over 49 million.    You should be more concerned with Chinese tourists returning. 

Yes certainly increased testing will show more positive cases but doesn't entirely explain the large number of deaths.

I dont think too many people will be convinced that the US administration has done a great job , playing politics during a pandemic is hardly a good idea.

To be fair the UK has also suffered badly and in retrospect made some poor decisions, easy to criticise after the event though.

At least we can be relatively certain that UK / USA data is transparent and accurate , I certainly dont think Chinese figures have been.

Edited by joecoolfrog

On 7/7/2020 at 2:14 PM, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

The US military reported 3422 NEW Cases of Covid yesterday June 6 alone. That is just the military. How is that not a high risk group? We all made our sacrifices for months then they <deleted> it all away for a photo Op? 

Did you forget you are in Thailand??

On 7/7/2020 at 2:47 PM, blazes said:

How nice not to have to show a "certificate of health" and $100,000 US medical insurance on entering the country. 

Just by the way, but what are Thai military supposed to be training for when they take a little holiday in Hawaii to learn how to fire a gun?  Is there some external threat facing Thailand or is it just that Thai democracy needs to be...erm.... "protected" against home-grown saboteurs?

They learn how to twirl cut a pineapple from a Hula girl , what's not to like , I'm siging up for the next recruitment drive.

17 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Yes certainly increased testing will show more positive cases but doesn't entirely explain the large number of deaths.

I dont think too many people will be convinced that the US administration has done a great job , playing politics during a pandemic is hardly a good idea.

To be fair the UK has also suffered badly and in retrospect made some poor decisions, easy to criticise after the event though.

At least we can be relatively certain that UK / USA data is transparent and accurate , I certainly dont think Chinese figures have been.

While US cases are far above Europe’s, US fatalities are well below, supporting the idea that more tests reveal more cases and confirming Thailand's don't test don't know approach.