I'm starting to find the world a very ugly place to live.

giddyup

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm not a murderer, but I'm all for birth control enforcement.

Humans will die out anyway, as it's just a matter of time before we pollute ourselves to extinction.

Oh well. You might consider it murder now, but once I push that button all human laws are extinct also. Anyway, interesting chat. 

15 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I don't forget. I've had 6. The youngest is now 23. I still have a bucket list that includes traveling Europe, fishing and hunting in various places and it's not going to come as fast as I planned because of my little one now.

Seems right, your age group cant plan, just Spay n Pray.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Oh well. You might consider it murder now, but once I push that button all human laws are extinct also. Anyway, interesting chat. 

I'm not a murderer because of any law. I just couldn't murder anyone from morality.

However I'm fine with you pushing the button- just do it.

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I learned everything I know from my failures. Some wise person once told me that we learn nothing if we don't have failures in our life. Sadly I failed the really big one too late in life to recover from financially.

marriage is a b**** !   but so is working 40 hrs a week for 30 years,  living a boring life thinking about

what car or house you're gonna buy next,   watching fake laughter comedies on TV,   walking around

with masks all day,  living in little boxes in big cities,  and having relationships with people that are selfish and don't respect you. 

thankfully i am different ..????????????????????????????

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's the saddest thing I've read in a long time.

What's sadder is that his daughter came over to Thailand to reconect with him and he refused to meet her. Shouldn't hold the kids responsible for the wife's actions. Said they took their mom's side against his.

• Like 2

Just now, Tony125 said:

What's sadder is that his daughter came over to Thailand to reconect with him and he refused to meet her. Shouldn't hold the kids responsible for the wife's actions. Said they took their mom's side against his.

Children will hold grudges against the absent parent, especially if they are brainwashed by the possessor, and it will last for many years, until they find out the truth. Then a whole new set of mental issues comes into play, looking at the possessor as a liar and a cheat, cheating them out of a relationship with the other parent.

• Like 1

Just now, fredwiggy said:

Children will hold grudges against the absent parent, especially if they are brainwashed by the possessor, and it will last for many years, until they find out the truth. Then a whole new set of mental issues comes into play, looking at the possessor as a liar and a cheat, cheating them out of a relationship with the other parent.

I totally agree with this, which is why I'm better off out of it with no future contact with any of them.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

That's what happened to my daughter but was not  a long time. Her mom  made  out like I was a monster that's why we split, her mom's mom and sisters told her that was BS. When she decided to move out of state my 17 yo daughter told her have a nice trip I'm staying with dad. Put her thru Wellsley College,she married and has 2kids a daughter and son.

On 7/7/2020 at 3:25 PM, A1Str8 said:

I see the opposite. Literally millions of people work very hard on environmental science, and put in the work to heal the planet, plant millions of trees etc. 

An increasing number of humans are very nice and helpful to each other and become more and more selfless. 

More people realize that war is just a pathetic game played by certain wannabe powerful people. The list is endless

Sure. But honestly, we're past the tipping point. And the old power mongers are still sending the young off to endless wars.

Edited by unblocktheplanet
addition

22 hours ago, Tony125 said:

I went to visit my estranged father some years before he died. It was like I was not his son , but some son of a friend. I stayed with him a month and we never got beyond small talk.

My father was damaged by his marriage and never remarried or got over it. He was a very sad man, shut off from life and love by his own walls.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

When I was a youth I expected to get married and have children. Luckily I joined up and saw the world which stopped me meeting anyone long enough to get married. By the time I was ex service I'd realised that having children would have been a terrible idea.

Seems I was saved from a terrible fate ( marriage, children, divorce, children that hated me ) by chance. Lucky that.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

When I was a youth I expected to get married and have children. Luckily I joined up and saw the world which stopped me meeting anyone long enough to get married. By the time I was ex service I'd realised that having children would have been a terrible idea.

Seems I was saved from a terrible fate ( marriage, children, divorce, children that hated me ) by chance. Lucky that.

That's sad, I've always enjoyed having a house full of kids.

22 hours ago, Tony125 said:

No point resurrecting the past.

She chose to support her mom, I accept her choice.

Why would I want to see someone that betrayed me?

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That's sad, I've always enjoyed having a house full of kids.

Kids ain't pets. Can't have them put down when they go criminal or steal my money. After my experience with a woman with children I'm happy not to have ever had a house full of kids.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

No point resurrecting the past.

She chose to support her mom, I accept her choice.

Why would I want to see someone that betrayed me?

It's called forgiveness, she was a child being controled and influanced by her mom. As she got older she realised that and wanted to reconect  with her dad, think you should have done that. Not her fault (or yours) that she was lied to by her mom but when she realised it and obviously wanted to see you tell you sorry by flying all the way over here I wouldn;t have been so  bitter to refuse that.

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

She was 24 at the time of the divorce, 30 when she decide to see me.

A child is still a  child  at any age. Most kids are to a greater degree influanced by their moms than dads basically by the amount of time the mother spends with kids. Dad's mostly home on week ends and mom is the one constantly around.  Wife could have lied about you to her and why wouldn't she believe? Same as my wife did, but my wife's own mother , sisters and aunts came to my defense and told my daughter that her mom had lied. After that she stayed with me when her mother left my state and I actually had to pay my daughter to go visit her mom one time. She has contact with me but very little contact with her mom anymore.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I went to visit my estranged father some years before he died. It was like I was not his son , but some son of a friend. I stayed with him a month and we never got beyond small talk.

My father was damaged by his marriage and never remarried or got over it. He was a very sad man, shut off from life and love by his own walls.

My father was the same, never showed an ounce of affection to his kids, never asked how you were doing, just criticised you for things he did himself. Wasn't shy about giving you a slap around the ears either. Yet, strangely, I still sought his approval.

19 hours ago, giddyup said:

My father was the same, never showed an ounce of affection to his kids, never asked how you were doing, just criticised you for things he did himself. Wasn't shy about giving you a slap around the ears either. Yet, strangely, I still sought his approval.

One of the strange and inexplicable things about life. My father never did anything to make me "love" him, and I spent very little time with him in my life, but I still felt sorry for him when in the last stage of life. More so than I felt for anyone else when they died. He was a stranger to me, but there was some undefinable connection.

• Like 1