I'm starting to find the world a very ugly place to live.

giddyup

8 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually, there aren't many 60+ yo, financially secure, fit ,single men in the whole world...............Men: 20-40 yrs old: Underfat: under 8 percent, Healthy: 8-19 percent, Overweight: 19-25 percent, Obese: over 25 percent. 41-60 yrs old: Underfat: under 11 percent, Healthy: 11-22 percent, Overweight: 22-27 percent, Obese: over 27 percent.Jan 5, 2018

Where did you get the numbers from ? Did they include Africa? 

• Haha 2

This is an extremely difficult thing to do, delete facebook, i know it's a good tool to keep in touch with family but so is wats app. Throw your television in the bin or at the most keep it for boring inlaws with a few thai channels. When it comes down to it, without the media and social media reminding you everyday of the horrors of this world, you would enjoy a happy life. My girlfriend the first girl I have met in Thailand who doesn't sit on her phone half her life, in fact she is rarely on it. The only time she has looked at the news was to fòllow the death of some kid that died in the north of Thailand recently which has the coopers running around in circles. Other than that global warming BLM white lives black lives riots unrest wars and all world events are unknown to her, even covid 19 stats she couldnt give a rats ass. She is a happy little bunny! Try it on off for while then cut it out completely and enjoy the last years of your life. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, pmk1000 said:

Try it on off for while then cut it out completely and enjoy the last years of your life. 

It's not only the news, it's the environment I live in. Unless I never leave my house I can't help but see the garbage thrown everywhere, people burning toxic materials, mangy dogs, the list goes on.

On 7/10/2020 at 11:29 PM, pmk1000 said:

This is an extremely difficult thing to do, delete facebook, i know it's a good tool to keep in touch with family but so is wats app. Throw your television in the bin or at the most keep it for boring inlaws with a few thai channels. When it comes down to it, without the media and social media reminding you everyday of the horrors of this world, you would enjoy a happy life. My girlfriend the first girl I have met in Thailand who doesn't sit on her phone half her life, in fact she is rarely on it. The only time she has looked at the news was to fòllow the death of some kid that died in the north of Thailand recently which has the coopers running around in circles. Other than that global warming BLM white lives black lives riots unrest wars and all world events are unknown to her, even covid 19 stats she couldnt give a rats ass. She is a happy little bunny! Try it on off for while then cut it out completely and enjoy the last years of your life. 

Western media is IMO designed to make people unhappy and angry, as they only put on bad news. They must think it makes people watch or read it, so they can get rich.

I don't read newspapers anymore and I don't have a tv connected to the airwaves. I get all the anger and unhappiness I don't want from TVF news subforum.

On 7/9/2020 at 12:09 PM, balo said:

The young generation did not have a choice, they are born into it, we, the older generation created this digital mess. We remember the good times before Internet. We failed and now people have to suffer until  someone pulls the plug. I am serious. 

Even the young generation has a brain, and can decide whether to tune in, or out.

Don't blame me for the mess- I've never used facebook or twitter or any of those revolting brain washing things, and I should try and use TVF less. I've only been on three forums and now only TVF.

One day the internet may fail ( sun caused EMP or similar ) and billions will die because everything is dependent on it- imagine only having bitcoin if the net stopped working! Perhaps it's all Gaia's plan to eradicate humans.

On 7/9/2020 at 12:31 PM, Speedhump said:

Antisocial personality disorder? In a big way then! Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others? What about me, I'd die too. ????

IMO the best thing for planet earth and all the other creatures on it would be for humans to become extinct before we destroy everything.

On 7/9/2020 at 2:11 PM, petermik said:

Life is life..too many folk take it far too seriously enjoy it while you can :thumbsup:

Life is fleeting, and we spend far too much time being angry at things we have no control over. Like the song says, don't worry, be happy.

Hard to do for sure, but a worthwhile goal to strive for.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 11:58 PM, Nemises said:

For you it was. Sorry for you. 

Rest assured many 60+ yo, financially-secured, fit, single men are living the dream in pussy paradise. 

LOL. Old men have reduced brain function and think it's a good idea to get married, which is the worst thing they could ever do, as the women they marry will reduce them to poverty in short order. Been there, done that, got the T shirt.

Financially well off men far better renting and then they can get a better one when the present one thinks they are important. Rich men of any age never have a problem getting a live in GF.

On 7/7/2020 at 4:05 AM, OneeyedJohn said:

I blame it all on the smartphone.

I think your not far off.

For those that remember life before the internet, the world certainly seemed to be a better place.

On 7/9/2020 at 1:24 AM, JWRC said:

It's not the world that's ugly, it's the people in it.

The world is beautiful. It's humans that are ugly in spirit. They are greedy, slothful, covetous etc. All the mortal sins are on display these days and accepted as normal behaviour.

On 7/9/2020 at 1:41 AM, JTXR said:

You're wrong about that bit.  Men are mentioned a lot - how bad they are, sexist and potential abusers and rapists, all of them.  Can't escape the worry over "toxic masculinity."  And it's not that there's some masculinity that is toxic and some that is not.  Oh no.  It's all toxic, don't you know?

A female manager once told me that all men are rapists and she was serious.

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO the best thing for planet earth and all the other creatures on it would be for humans to become extinct before we destroy everything.

Yes, my point. And I've been called some kind of sociopath. ????????????

On 7/9/2020 at 9:50 AM, daveAustin said:

Still firm little buttons? If you want to eradicate humanity (that word contains the word, man, am I allowed to say that?), then convince the world to give up procreating for 100 years. Game over :wink:

Fat chance of that happening. Most women still think having kids is their life mission. I've even known men that think it's the thing they have to do.

All I can say is that I'm very happy I never had any myself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Yes, my point. And I've been called some kind of sociopath. ????????????

I wouldn't push a button to kill everyone but I'd certainly be for sterilizing everyone after producing one child. That way we'd get down to a sustainable level of population when 2 would be allowed per couple, but only for people that can prove they make good parents.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:49 AM, Peterw42 said:

This could probably be a stand alone thread.

Personally, I am still waiting for the flying cars we have been promised.

haha ... They are available now .... Very good they are as well as flying cars .. Problem is just that they are cr**p cars and cr**p aircafts ...

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wouldn't push a button to kill everyone but I'd certainly be for sterilizing everyone after producing one child. That way we'd get down to a sustainable level of population when 2 would be allowed per couple, but only for people that can prove they make good parents.

Well, in a previous post you've said that the best thing would be mankind's extinction, now you're for keeping us around, but with some sort of immoral Chinese-style 'breeding programme' attached. Push the button already. 

On 7/7/2020 at 2:58 PM, giddyup said:

It may well be my age (nearly 78), but I'm finding that indeed the world is an ugly place to live. Besides the environmental destruction that's increasingly visible in Thailand every day, it's also the abuse of human beings of each other as well as animals, the worsening selfishness, the war and destruction that never seems to end. It's pretty hard to find anything positive to say about the world we live in.

I won't be around to see it, but does anyone have a positive outlook about the human race and the planet's future.

i think you have ....oops,  sorry POP UP....... now, to continue.  I think you have summed it up pretty well.  at last count 47 members LIKE what you wrote.  that is encouraging. 

Now i will read the next 12 pages where those same members start arguing with each other.

Ahhhh,  never a dull moment.  

5 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

As George Carlin said 'The planet will be fine. It's the people that are <deleted>".

George Carlin should be required reading for everyone.  

The problem will always remain, however:   people laugh, but they think its the other people that

George is referring to, not themselves   ????

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 6:03 AM, fredwiggy said:

Antisocial personality disorder signs and symptoms may include:

• Disregard for right and wrong
  • Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others
  • Being callous, cynical and disrespectful of others
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or personal pleasure
  • Arrogance, a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated
  • Recurring problems with the law, including criminal behavior
  • Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty
  • Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead
  • Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, aggression or violence
  • Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others
  • Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behavior with no regard for the safety of self or others
  • Poor or abusive relationships
  • Failure to consider the negative consequences of behavior or learn from them
  • Being consistently irresponsible and repeatedly failing to fulfill work or financial obligations

Adults with antisocial personality disorder typically show symptoms of conduct disorder before the age of 15. Signs and symptoms of conduct disorder include serious, persistent behavior problems, such as:

• Aggression toward people and animals
  • Destruction of property
  • Deceitfulness
  • Theft
  • Serious violation of rules

Although antisocial personality disorder is considered lifelong, in some people, certain symptoms — particularly destructive and criminal behavior — may decrease over time. But it's not clear whether this decrease is a result of aging or an increased awareness of the consequences of antisocial behavior....................................................Just sayin'

WOW.   You put a lot of work into that analysis.    The usual response to someone spouting all of

that stuff to someone else consists of just 2 simple words.   ****   ***

OD   sabai dee mai ?   

I gotta get back to sleep.  Tomorrow i'm going to get a tatoo.   yep.   Gonna get one

of a mask tatooed on my face.   that outta keep the folks at WHO happy

Edited by rumak

29 minutes ago, rumak said:

George Carlin should be required reading for everyone.  

The problem will always remain, however:   people laugh, but they think its the other people that

George is referring to, not themselves   ????

I thought he was a bit "noisy" really.Subtlety not being his forte you know..

Anyway I've always thought that the world is an amazing place since commencing my travels in the early 70's and have thoroughly enjoyed my interactions with others most of the time and now that I am no longer able to travel can look back with pleasure on what I saw and experienced.

I do not participate on social media,limit time on the internet as a whole and avoid vexatious ideologues of any stamp or description as soon as i identify them.

Edited by Odysseus123

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Old men have reduced brain function and think it's a good idea to get married, which is the worst thing they could ever do, as the women they marry will reduce them to poverty in short order. Been there, done that, got the T shirt.

Financially well off men far better renting and then they can get a better one when the present one thinks they are important. Rich men of any age never have a problem getting a live in GF.

And die all alone, early, as the live in gf uses up their finances and leaves for another.

• Like 1