PETA accused of cultural racism and double-standards

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is absolutely right.    Clean your smelly <deleted> at home first before jumping on that high horse.

Your english has become better than native english speakers, all of a sudden.

Here we come Walkin' down the street We get the funniest looks from Everyone we meet Hey, hey, we're the Monkees And people say we monkey around But we're too busy singing To put anybody down

1 hour ago, Jane Dough said:

Have you confirmed that by speaking to the monkeys?

I think if I was one I'd quite enjoy going up trees for a living.

Rooster

With your luck I bet you'd end up as the branch manager.

• Haha 2
22 hours ago, webfact said:

US-based animal rights protection group PETA has been accused of double standards and cultural racism after it claimed that the use of monkeys in harvesting coconuts in Thailand is cruel

I wonder if this protection group is also campaigning for mice and rats that are injected and used by US Pharmaceutical giants in the testing of potential medications, vaccines etc.

Lab mice make poor models for real-world immune systems - Cosmos ...

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Yinn said:

Schroevers runs the Monkey Training School in Surat Thani, Thailand, a Buddhist-inspired school founded 50 years ago to teach monkeys how to pick coconuts without the use of force or violence. He says Animal Place has it all wrong when it comes to how most monkeys that work on coconut farms are treated.

link.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/10/19/448960760/monkeys-pick-coconuts-in-thailand-are-they-abused-or-working-animals

So the only difference is they don't physically hit the monkeys. 

So you support .. 

A. Baby monkeys being taken from their mothers and family groups.

B. Wild monkeys being taken from the wild 

C. The monkey being kept on a short chain fastened for the rest of its life. 

Even the school report says they monkeys have to be tethered to stop them escaping.  So they can't be that happy if they want to run away.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sujo said:

It's a quote from the linked text...

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Sujo said:

His (Yinn) speech pattern has always been excellent. Even when trying to sound like a Thai girl...sure.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, allenberg said:

His (Yinn) speech pattern has always been excellent. Even when trying to sound like a Thai girl...sure.

That's very astute.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MobileContent said:

You are spot on. I have seen in the South how the monkeys are trained from a small age onward's and it doesn't looks very good and sure is cruel but they are now mainly used for tourist attractions.

Where I live in Bang Saphan Noi district this is not the case. The monkeys here are well treated and the young ones are actually taught by their adults as to what to do. We have loads and loads of them around here all working with their owners for a living and not as tourist attractions. 

When the monkeys are working they are given a break every hour or else they will just stop! Also if they are abused they will not think twice about attacking.  This information you can get from the owners when you see them working and talk to them as I have often done. And do not forget that the monkey is the animal that is giving the owner and family a living so it is in their interest to look after them.   

• Like 1

I have delt with PETA on several occasion. I  have march with the Rev. Jessy Jackson  against there lies fafe pictures them destroying the lively of may business. They have been invited to inspect, visit greyhound kennels only to refuse and spread more lies to brainwash people that ALL animals are being mistrated. Whether it be dairy farmers to fish they will stop at nothing and could care less about animals. There only purpose is to collect a fat paycheck off of your donations. PETa should be treated as a very hostiak group.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Slvlsa said:

I have delt with PETA on several occasion. I  have march with the Rev. Jessy Jackson  against there lies fafe pictures them destroying the lively of may business. They have been invited to inspect, visit greyhound kennels only to refuse and spread more lies to brainwash people that ALL animals are being mistrated. Whether it be dairy farmers to fish they will stop at nothing and could care less about animals. There only purpose is to collect a fat paycheck off of your donations. PETa should be treated as a very hostiak group.

I could not agree with you more. PETA is a very dangerous organization who are very quick to accuse with absolutely no proof to back up their claims. This attack on these monkeys is one such example! Has any official PETA representative actually been here to see how they are treated??  

PETA is opposed to all animal slavery  including bee keeping and silkworms.

I can't imagine in what Universe they accept pigs sniffing for truffles.

I found a PETA article raving about truffles but didn't see anything about them accepting the use of pigs to find them.

As for the other animal abuses cited, of course PETA is opposed to all of those and has actively campaigned against them.

Posted (edited)

Leave it up to arrogant and uneducated (have never left their liberal bubble) PETA, to sound completely moronic and culturally ignorant. One of the biggest reasons I left California - these garbage human beings are everywhere (especially in the high density cities). They get an overpriced paper that they got conned into paying for and then it gives them a superficial boost in false confidence on top of an already fragile ego.

I would know unfortunately, I received my BA from Sacramento State University - most Universities churn out morons nowadays. This is a perfect example of something the alumni from most Universities in the liberal cities would have their finger prints all over.

Edited by GeniusFarang
23 minutes ago, GeniusFarang said:

Leave it up to arrogant and uneducated (have never left their liberal bubble) PETA, to sound completely moronic and culturally ignorant. One of the biggest reasons I left California - these garbage human beings are everywhere (especially in the high density cities). They get an overpriced paper that they got conned into paying for and then it gives them a superficial boost in false confidence on top of an already fragile ego.

I would know unfortunately, I received my BA from Sacramento State University - most Universities churn out morons nowadays. This is a perfect example of something the alumni from most Universities in the liberal cities would have their finger prints all over.

That made you angry, right?