Recommendation for agent for visa / extension services with reasonable cost for BKK

I have a non-O multi for marriage, which is expiring 4 Aug, so I am in the amnesty period, waiting for news like many others before 30 Jul

However I would like to get recommendations for a reliable, reasonable priced agency who can do a 1 year extension of stay on my current visa, and/or renew the current visa. Yes, I can do it myself, but given I am still working and busy, I would like to consider agency to reduce time spent at CW and improve chance of approval.

I've had some crazy high quotes from some firms, so reaching out for suggestions.

Edited by drbrit
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, drbrit said:

However I would like to get recommendations for a reliable, reasonable priced agency who can do a 1 year extension of stay on my current visa, and/or renew the current visa.

A visa cannot be extended. You can only extend the 90 day entry from your non-o visa. When did your last entry expire.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

A visa cannot be extended. You can only extend the 90 day entry from your non-o visa. When did your last entry expire.

Last entry expired a few weeks ago, during the amnesty period

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drbrit said:

Last entry expired a few weeks ago, during the amnesty period

Have you applied for a 60 day extension to visit your wife since your last entry? If not then that may be your best option if the amnesty is not extended.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you applied for a 60 day extension to visit your wife since your last entry? If not then that may be your best option if the amnesty is not extended.

I have not as yet. I am actually here in TH working and with my family. So yes, my plan is to ask for an extension for the time being.  So you are saying it is 60d first, than 1yr?  My visa expires on 4 Aug.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, drbrit said:

I have not as yet. I am actually here in TH working and with my family. So yes, my plan is to ask for an extension for the time being.  So you are saying it is 60d first, than 1yr?  My visa expires on 4 Aug.

You should check with your local immigration office about applying for the one year extension while under the amnesty. Some may not do it. Will you have 400k baht in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

If you cannot apply for the one year extension then the 60 day extension would be a good option.

Your visas expiration date means nothing now since your are already in the country. It is only the last day your can use it for a new 90 day entry.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You should check with your local immigration office about applying for the one year extension while under the amnesty. Some may not do it. Will you have 400k baht in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

If you cannot apply for the one year extension then the 60 day extension would be a good option.

Your visas expiration date means nothing now since your are already in the country. It is only the last day your can use it for a new 90 day entry.

Hi UJ > You don't mention it, but would he not be able to apply for the 1-year extension of stay at the end of an approved 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting his wife?  He wouldn't be on the Amnesty-extension anymore, but would then be applying for the 1-year extension at the end of his 'valid' 60-day permission to stay. 

10 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi UJ > You don't mention it, but would he not be able to apply for the 1-year extension of stay at the end of an approved 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting his wife?  He wouldn't be on the Amnesty-extension anymore, but would then be applying for the 1-year extension at the end of his 'valid' 60-day permission to stay. 

They might consider the 60 day extension as  a extension of the "automatic extension" from the amnesty. It is hard to predict what a immigration office will do.

That is why I have suggest before that people who plan on applying for a one year extension do a 60 day extension instead of going on the amnesty.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, and that makes sense.

But the unfortunate conclusion therefore is that everybody whose permission to stay expired during the Amnesty is completely in the dark about their options to apply in country for a Non Imm O Visa (when presently being on VisaExempt or Tourist Visa) or a 1-year extension of their Non Imm O Visa.  And thus might be forced to leave the country (not a nice prospect with possible re-entry requirements enforced like mandatory covid-quarantaine or covid-insurance)

Application cases per IO need to be collected to determine how that particular IO will handle it (accept or deny / back-date or application date / 'valid' extension needed or amnesty extension accepted).

With only 3 weeks left till end of Amnesty (21 July if not extended), this lack of clarity re the options is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Thanks, and that makes sense.

But the unfortunate conclusion therefore is that everybody whose permission to stay expired during the Amnesty is completely in the dark about their options to apply in country for a Non Imm O Visa (when presently being on VisaExempt or Tourist Visa) or a 1-year extension of their Non Imm O Visa.  And thus might be forced to leave the country (not a nice prospect with possible re-entry requirements enforced like mandatory covid-quarantaine or covid-insurance)

Application cases per IO need to be collected to determine how that particular IO will handle it (accept or deny / back-date or application date / 'valid' extension needed or amnesty extension accepted).

With only 3 weeks left till end of Amnesty (21 July if not extended), this lack of clarity re the options is absolutely ridiculous.

As this important topic might not get the attention it deserves in the present thread, I opened a new and dedicated thread on the subject.

Link here >

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They might consider the 60 day extension as  a extension of the "automatic extension" from the amnesty. It is hard to predict what a immigration office will do.

That is why I have suggest before that people who plan on applying for a one year extension do a 60 day extension instead of going on the amnesty.

Wouldn't they just backdate it in the worst case? I've already observed this happen at Chaeng Wattana in the past. The person sitting at the desk in front of me had an expired 60 day stay off of a tourist visa. He wanted to make a 30 day extension. He was charged the overstay fee + the extension fee.

Obviously if he had overstayed more than 30 days he would have been out of options.

This time is different, due to the amnesty. Either way, I would imagine as long as you do the extension during the amnesty period they can backdate your stay provided your financials match that period.

9 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Wouldn't they just backdate it in the worst case?

I doubt that they would back date the one year extension by possibley several months. For example if using the money in the bank option it would of have to of been in the bank for 2 months on the day they backdated it to.

One based upon marriage also has to be approved by the division headquarter for where the office as well.

Backdating the 60 day extension might not be possible if they went on the amnesty in April or May.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I doubt that they would back date the one year extension by possibley several months. For example if using the money in the bank option it would of have to of been in the bank for 2 months on the day they backdated it to.

One based upon marriage also has to be approved by the division headquarter for where the office as well.

Backdating the 60 day extension might not be possible if they went on the amnesty in April or May.

The last sentence - true. But they could do it if it expired in late May or June.

However, my point was - provided you've been able to meet the financial requirements backdated to the end of your last legal stamp, it shouldn't be an issue, I'd say. And of course if that means the money would need to be in the bank 60 days preceding that date and it's now been 2 months since the expiration of your 90 day stamp that means it would have been in the bank for 4 months.

But would need to ask immigration. A situation like this may or may not be something an agent would/could fix.