Found a way back in... But for how long?

Hey guys,

I finally found a way back into Thailand, it's expensive and very vague...

https://www.bangkokhospital.com/en/content/14-days-health-watch

It's basically staying at either the hospital for a "health check" (lol) or at a wellness resort for 60-70K baht for 2 weeks. 

But what happens after? Sites like the Bangkok post says people are free to travel after that... but for how long? I want to stay longer in Thailand, and right now it's not possible to get an ED visa for language schools... 

Or would it be possible to get an ED Visa for language schools if I get in using this "health-watch wellness tourism way"?

Thanks in advance guys.

4 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Don,t waste your time and money. Just wait a bit. If from the U.S sorry you are seriously screwed.

Nope the Netherlands. And it's not so much about money for me. It's more about the time I'm able to spend there. This is a real way in, I know because I talked with the local embassy about it. Now I just need to know what will happen after the 14 days and for how long I'm able to stay. If it's possible to get an ED that would be great.

Edited by reallyaffiliated
  • Sad 1

A friend from the states got a "quotation" from BumRunGrad that amounted to roughly 105,000 baht. Had to quarantine in the hospital for 15 days (the extra day is the overlap of the entry and exit tests). I believe that included a "caregiver", so it might actually be 75,000 if alone.

2 minutes ago, timendres said:

A friend from the states got a "quotation" from BumRunGrad that amounted to roughly 105,000 baht. Had to quarantine in the hospital for 15 days (the extra day is the overlap of the entry and exit tests). I believe that included a "caregiver", so it might actually be 75,000 if alone.

Depends on the hospital, I asked about 20 for a quote. My question is more about what happens after..

4 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Girlfriend and we want to get married.

Good Luck!!  Have you considered getting her to your country? Mind you, that has its own perils!! ????

• Like 1

Medical tourists are free to go anywhere they like after being at least 14 days in the medical facility. The length of stay is determined by your visa. You could apply for a non-immigrant visa for medical reasons. Gives you a 90-day permission of stay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CLS said:

Medical tourists are free to go anywhere they like after being at least 14 days in the medical facility. The length of stay is determined by your visa. You could apply for a non-immigrant visa for medical reasons. Gives you a 90-day permission of stay.

Nice! I did not know that! That's great news! ???? Do you think it's possible to get an ED visa for after the 90 days?

1 minute ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Nice! I did not know that! That's great news! ???? Do you think it's possible to get an ED visa for after the 90 days?

The first question is for what medical treatment you want to turn up in a medical facility?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CLS said:

The first question is for what medical treatment you want to turn up in a medical facility?

Checkup lol. It's an option they offered me over messenger for 15 day quarantine to get back.

Or do you think the Thai immigration won't approve that as a reason to be a medical tourist?

extra

Just now, reallyaffiliated said:

Checkup lol. It's an option they offered me over messenger for 15 day quarantine to get back.

If the MFA gives the approval for that reason you are good to go.

3 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Awesome. Thanks CLS. But... Do you think it's possible to get an ED visa for after the 90 days?

No clue. But after 3 months it‘s October/November already and you might go for a border-run.

The advert in the OP is simply another option for supervised quarantine on arrival. Thailand's health tourism industry is obviously taking a kicking too. As pointed out earlier, a visa is still required.

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

That is for quarantine, you first need a visa to get in.

Just now, NanLaew said:

The advert in the OP is simply another option for supervised quarantine on arrival. Thailand's health tourism industry is obviously taking a kicking too. As pointed out earlier, a visa is still required.

Not true. I asked about the options through FB Messenger.

Just now, tribalfusion001 said:

I thought medical tourists had to go home after treatment as you entered as medical tourist. Immigration may refuse you entry if you have been there before multiple times as you will not be a genuine medical tourist.

Haven't been that many times to Thailand, and only for a few weeks at a time. So not a problem for me.

Was already waiting for your reply ???? lol

1 minute ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Haven't been that many times to Thailand, and only for a few weeks at a time. So not a problem for me.

Was already waiting for your reply ???? lol

I think your clutching at straws. But Nick from NDTVi said today that the government are setting a special unit for tracking tourists, new app and using Thaichana. Just looked at the link, this looks like state quarantine. Personally I wouldn't risk it unless you have a WP or retirement visa, they will open up, Bali is on 1st September.

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I think your clutching at straws. But Nick from NDTVi said today that the government are setting a special unit for tracking tourists, new app and using Thaichana. Just looked at the link, this looks like state quarantine. Personally I wouldn't risk it unless you have a WP or retirement visa, they will open up, Bali is on 1st September.

True, especially reading about them having the worst financial forecast of any Asian country. But if I can pay to get in sooner, I might just do that lol.