Found a way back in... But for how long?

10 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

True, especially reading about them having the worst financial forecast of any Asian country. But if I can pay to get in sooner, I might just do that lol.

It says Thai citizens and expatriates. What procedure are looking at having done? https://www.mymeditravel.com/

Edited by tribalfusion001

Dutch man, if you allow me to give you an advice. Apply for a Schengen visa for your GF for marriage purposes, enjoy the summer in Europe and get married there. Never forget how cumbersome Thai bureaucracy can be.

If they are going to open up for tourists in September/October, with or without restrictions, is it really worth putting up with hugely expensive and complicated list of requirements just to get there a month earlier?

18 minutes ago, Destined said:

If they are going to open up for tourists in September/October, with or without restrictions, is it really worth putting up with hugely expensive and complicated list of requirements just to get there a month earlier?

Thing is that we don't know that for sure. If I can believe the fellow-foreigner hating, already in Thailand staying crowd on this forum, they won't open up until mid '21.

Edited by reallyaffiliated

20 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Thing is that we don't know that for sure. If I can believe the fellow-foreigner hating, already in Thailand staying crowd on this forum, they won't open up until mid '21.

They are scared of the virus, same in Australia and New Zealand. The Thai government made foreigners the scapegoats before they closed the country down and I expect that xenophobia will return when tourists are allowed back again.

When was you last in the country?

14 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

They are scared of the virus, same in Australia and New Zealand. The Thai government made foreigners the scapegoats before they closed the country down and I expect that xenophobia will return when tourists are allowed back again.

When was you last in the country?

October last year.

13 hours ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Yup, started messaging lots of hospitals this morning because of that article.

So, moving right along, exactly what sickness are you hoping to get treated here?

12 hours ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Don't believe everything you read here.

And don't believe everything you read over there either.

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

So, moving right along, exactly what sickness are you hoping to get treated here?

The link given previously indicates the hospital will provide supplements to boost the immune system.  It's hogwash treatment but looks like it provides an excuse to enter the country.

23 hours ago, CLS said:

The first question is for what medical treatment you want to turn up in a medical facility?

It's   nasty  rash won't  go away .

Same same , my thai darling ....

It's my understanding from what's been written by the government that you need a quote for the medical service you are applying for a visa for which states the length of treatment. You must do quarantine on arrival but have the option of the approved hotel or can do quarantine in the medical facility or spa. You can travel after quarantine to approved areas but you must exit the country at the end of your medical treatment. It's not an open ended visa to stay 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 4:14 PM, tribalfusion001 said:

I thought medical tourists had to go home after treatment as you entered as medical tourist. Immigration may refuse you entry if you have been there before multiple times as you will not be a genuine medical tourist.

You have just pulled that off the top of your head. That's not based on any experience at all.

I arrived on an MT Visa and I am still here. It's also not my first MT, but then again I actually use the MT correctly, as I do attend for relatively expensive medical procedures. After which I relax at my leisure.

I hope a hospital would take quarantine seriously, as they would also have elderly and/or sick people being cared for, so a person arriving from Europe should be placed in complete isolation with barrier nursing for 14 days.  Seems like a lot to go through to enter Thailand (and a Thai girl).

And the reason for this visa system is to allow the hospitals to make some money from medical treatments, so a 'check up' may not be viewed positively.  Then there's the risk the visa rules could change during the 14 days.  Plus the 'Ed Visa' option is another grey area.

Recommend you wait until you can be honest about your reasons for entry/stay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 10:59 PM, reallyaffiliated said:

Checkup lol. It's an option they offered me over messenger for 15 day quarantine to get back.

Or do you think the Thai immigration won't approve that as a reason to be a medical tourist?

In the thread about 1700 medical tourists it is stated

- wellness is a valid reason

- can travel around after 14 days quarantine

It doesn't say for how long they will stamp you in when you arrive and how you can stay longer

Edited by uhuh

2 hours ago, uhuh said:

In the thread about 1700 medical tourists it is stated

- wellness is a valid reason

- can travel around after 14 days quarantine

It doesn't say for how long they will stamp you in when you arrive and how you can stay longer

Good luck! I hope it works for you. Please update the thread if it does.

Since April, I've been postponing a 3-4 week trip I really need to make to the US because I don't want to get locked out of returning to Thailand. I would be happy to pay 68K for a wellness suite at Movenpick if it was a viable means to return.

7 minutes ago, JerseytoBKK said:

Good luck! I hope it works for you. Please update the thread if it does.

Since April, I've been postponing a 3-4 week trip I really need to make to the US because I don't want to get locked out of returning to Thailand. I would be happy to pay 68K for a wellness suite at Movenpick if it was a viable means to return.

The OP has said in another thread that this package is only available to Thai nationals.  I asked him to update this thread but he has declined to do so.

Edited by treetops
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, treetops said:

The OP has said in another thread that this package is only available to Thai nationals.  I asked him to update this thread but he has declined to do so.

Not declined to do so, but forgot to do so lol. I am not on here 24/7. The package is only for Thai nationals or foreigners with work permits. Another way couldve been ED visa with a course at the university (since only official education institutions are allowed for COE) but my girlfriend called the university and was told they will not allow it for the rest of the year. So no new options for now...

On 7/9/2020 at 11:57 AM, Eindhoven said:

You have just pulled that off the top of your head. That's not based on any experience at all.

I arrived on an MT Visa and I am still here. It's also not my first MT, but then again I actually use the MT correctly, as I do attend for relatively expensive medical procedures. After which I relax at my leisure.

You are still here... because of the visa amnesty? 

Did you actually extend your MT visa?

Did you arrive during covid or before? 

For how long did they stamp you in when you arrived?