Has anyone managed to get an O visa from Laos or other country neighboring Thailand? I have heard it is possible to do it at Savanakhet Laos.

I know flights are slowly coming back from Bangkok abroad but i don't want to get stuck and not be able to get back in.

What would your non-o visa be based upon.

Savannakhet was issuing multiple entry non-o visas based upon marriage to a Thai.

All neighboring countries are closed for entry at this time with the exception of Cambodia but it is very difficult to meet their entry requirements. All border crossings are now closed.

17 minutes ago, markt42 said:

I'm in Phuket and have been since March, on a 30 days stamp so just looking at options if the amnesty is not extended.

Many of the experts such as ubonjoe are tipping amnesty extension. If it seems amnesty not extended you could apply for extension to your visa exempt stamp (30 days) Borders won't be opening.

You should have escape plan for future when amnesty does end which would be fly back to own country.

Edited by DrJack54

7 minutes ago, markt42 said:

I'm in Phuket and have been since March, on a 30 days stamp so just looking at options if the amnesty is not extended.

I married to or the parent of a Thai you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them.

Yes I've done it 3 times no problems just make sure you have all your paper work the place opposite copies them for you stay over night and enjoy the Lao beer take your wife with you its easier  thats when we are allowed to cross the border again and getback in to Thailand   lets hope so soon who knows

8 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

Yes I've done it 3 times no problems just make sure you have all your paper work the place opposite copies them for you stay over night and enjoy the Lao beer take your wife with you its easier  thats when we are allowed to cross the border again and getback in to Thailand   lets hope so soon who knows

The borders are closed. Also unknown is requirements for reentry to Thailand.

Don't know when OP is planning his trip.

Hope it's December.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Many of the experts such as ubonjoe are tipping amnesty extension. If it seems amnesty not extended you could apply for extension to your visa exempt stamp (30 days) Borders won't be opening.

You should have escape plan for future when amnesty does end which would be fly back to own country.

I will go to the immigration office and see what the options are, i live here working away on rotation so no worries about getting out, im more worried at getting in!! Thanks for posting

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markt42 said:

i live here working away on rotation so no worries about getting out, im more worried at getting in!! Thanks for posting

Have been wondering about guys in your situation such as oil & gas workers etc.

Getting back in currently has several threads running. Nightmare requirements and at the moment is only available for few groups of people. eg PR, Married to a Thai etc.

Good luck but currently think you will may find it impossible. 

• Like 1