Thailand Post developing smart mailboxes to improve its collection efficiency

webfact

Thailand Post developing smart mailboxes to improve its collection efficiency

By THE NATION

800_75a4f8e2c70440e.jpg?v=1594172836

Thailand Post Co Ltd, a state enterprise under the Digital Economy and Society Ministry, is collaborating with CAT Telecom Plc to develop smart mailboxes for more efficient management of collection.

The smart mailboxes will be equipped with sensors to detect mail packages via IoT (Internet of Things) platform.

“Each time mails and packages are dropped in these smart mailboxes, the data will be sent to the nearest Thailand Post office, where staff can monitor the mailboxes’ status via personal computers, smartphones or tablets,” said Korkit Danchaivichit, president of Thailand Post.

“The platform can also log the number of items being dropped in the box along with date and time stamp, which will help collection staff manage their schedule efficiently and promote users’ confidence that their mails are monitored and accounted for at all times, reducing the risk of lost mails.

“Currently Thailand Post is handling more than 1.6 billion mails and packages each year, and we are planning to install 1,000 smart mailboxes in Bangkok and its perimeter areas within 2020 to streamline the collection process,” he added.

“By the end of 2021, we aim to install up to 22,000 smart mailboxes nationwide to cover the increasing needs of customers, especially those in e-commerce and logistics industries.”

Korkit added that besides the smart mailbox project, CAT Telecom is also offering high-speed internet via Wi-Fi at all branches of Thailand Post for users free of charge to help them access Thailand Post’s online services, such as tracking their packages.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390921

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-08

stopping the staff from stealing whatever takes their fancy would also help. I have had my visa/mastercards stolen  a few times as well as the security code when it was sent later, articles that have been listed as delivered on tracking simply never arrived, when I complained at the post office they just said it happens and did nothing about it. As colinneil states above, the posties seem to wait till they have a stack of mail before they deliver, can be many days/weeks apart, postal service in Thailand is pretty pathetic and those in charge dont give a sh#t even when stolen, I know of one person that had several packages stolen and the last one needed a signature so the postie signed it, he was keeping/selling them and when caught they did nothing to him(kept his job), no compensation and no appology to the person that they were sent to

• Like 2

I was waiting on a package that was sent ems after a week we went to the local postman’s house , he had my package but thought it wasn’t important so not delivered it yet .    Amazing  thailand 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Interesting, but you know what might happen - morons deliberately putting rubbish such as empty cigarette packs, food cartons etc. etc. just for a laugh!!

Dealing with Junk Mail - The Kirkbymoorside Town Blog

or a lighted cigarette... seen that done a few times.

• Haha 1

On 7/8/2020 at 9:46 AM, colinneil said:

What Thailand post need to do, is improve their delivery service, not collection.

We regularly get a handful of mail delivered on the same day, then nothing for weeks

Same here . sometimes it is one delivery at the end of every month , sometimes he subs the job out to a mate.

Today I got my receipt from paying last months True Vision bill and the bill for last month .

So I got the Bill and the paid receipt on the same day.

• Like 1