Extension Decision days 14th, or 21st or not?

I read somewhere the cabinet  will decide to extend the amnesty or not at its meetings.

These occur on Tuesdays.

I realize they could do anythig or nothing indeed.

However there are now only  3 Tuesdays until the deadline

Tuesday 14th next week

Tuesday 21st

Tuesday 28th which is not only a National holiday but very very close to the deadline if needing to buy air tickets  , get visas, health clearance, transport to an airport.

On my calendar both 27th and 28th shown as holidays for HM the King's  birthday as immigration will be off for the weekend 25th and 26th there are by my reckoning there only 15 more days to visit immigration before amnesty ends, am I correct?

• Haha 1

Thanks I suppose they do not have to do anything which leads to uncertainty and chaos as well as wealthy farangs there are hundreds of thousands possibly millions of ASEAN folks who cannot cross the borders so will be obliged to fly out too.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That sounds like a kid in a nightclub and they say "last drinks" and you say "but I don't want go home" 

Buy an elite visa.

No.  Not paying extortion through agents or elite.  Passport-country is not an option, either.

I will go elsehwere, if Thailand insists on breaking up my family, under threat of arrest for overstay.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 2

The very nature of the virus situation makes 3 weeks a lifetime.

In Australia they closed the border in Victoria overnight which meant over 1,000 people can no get to or home from work.

Just relax, they will not lock you up

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Afaik they never said this. Can you provide a quote where immigration said this?

What do you think a 3 month Visa amnesty means? What do you think the July 31st deadline was for?

Come on...

do you know what an expiration date on a Visa means?

Edited by Jajazazajaja
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, finy said:

The amnesty will obviously be extended until 31st Dec or 31st July (2021).

It's the only thing that makes sense for Thailand (not foreigners).

Wait and see.

Okay by me! I'm so happy right now that I unexpectedly ended up here in Thailand of all places to wait out this Virus thing. And am being so unusually super-productive right now while preparing for my return to the west - (i.e. - "my passport country") - after being gone now for years -  to hit the ground running as soon as the virus clears-out there. Getting back into the regular 9-5 daily working grind: This is a great time and place to retrofit regardless of where to next!

Edited by Terry B
Not very clearly written
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That sounds like a kid in a nightclub and they say "last drinks" and you say "but I don't want go home" 

Buy an elite visa.

Can't say I disagree with you, but Thailand was more or less inviting people to come here and strike up at least semi-permanent residence, just having the money to live here with a few other preconditions. Try that with any of our western states. Those were the terms that most everyone striking up camp here made serious preparations to go that step, those with a firm intend to stay within the law and play by the rules. I have 3 passports by now with a stellar record of in and outs, no single overstay, never a TR visa, 5 or 6 exempt entries, everything nice and dainty. 

Obviously not talking about the soldiers of fortune who just popped up here and thought staying was easy and they would be dodging their way around, and everybody should have been clear they were here courtesy by the Kingdom and would have to stick by the rules and those could change (have changed, or at least the enforcement) but simply cancelling that sort-of-invitation just like that would leave a sense of betrayal with all the hassle involved to now be here.

Elite Visa would not help anyone at the moment, unless actually in Thailand. Those are off just fine, agreed. Would not have bought one after seeing how things were going a little down the drain since at least 2016, personally, rather decided I would likely be calling it quits around 51, i.e. 2023, but was quite certain that would not be a problem. Till now.

Edited by Saradoc1972
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, JackThompson said:

No.  Not paying extortion through agents or elite.  Passport-country is not an option, either.

I will go elsehwere, if Thailand insists on breaking up my family, under threat of arrest for overstay.

If you have a family here you could probably get a proper long term permit to stay, but you chose to play the visa run game. That game is not available now and no one knows when and how it will be in the future. So you can go back to your home country, get a proper visa / permit to stay, or try to find another place to go to. Thailand does not insist on breaking up your family. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

If you have a family here you could probably get a proper long term permit to stay, but you chose to play the visa run game. That game is not available now and no one knows when and how it will be in the future. So you can go back to your home country, get a proper visa / permit to stay, or try to find another place to go to. Thailand does not insist on breaking up your family. 

Disregard. That chap you quote has been playing victim card for long time. Likes to blame immigration. Gives a purpose to for a gripe. Think it's a hobby.

If I was married I would still go down retirement path if over 50. 

Yes married guys have more hurdles along with folk using income method (some offices). Some folk obsessed with immigration problems. 

99% have no issue.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBiker said:

Well my August 2 flight got cancelled today so it really is not as easy to go home as everyone thinks it is. I have to wait up to 6 weeks to get a travel voucher for the same airline that cancelled me. My METV has been expired since April 2nd. I don't want to risk booking more flights and getting them cancelled and then later have thousands of dollars in travel vouchers. Really hope they have something for us. 

In your thread you stated your trying to return Canada. 

One city my country Oz has 500 yesterday return Brisbane. Which is 3rd largest city. How many returned to bigger cities.

Maybe you need deal with Canadian embassy.

most of the people here are people with multiple 0 visa, they need to re-activate their entry (out/in), instead of going to border, they can just do it at the immigration, everybody have a valid visa in that way people get their 90days without needing to go anywhere, they get the fee, win win 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

No need to go to your home-country (or any other country for that matter) when the Amnesty expires, and your prefer staying in Thailand and meet the criteria.

If you are +50 years of age, or married to a thai national or have thai dependant children, you can apply at your local IO for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement or for reason of family.  In the last month of that 90-day Visa you can then apply for the 1-year extension of stay based on that Visa.

The only problem that could arise when doing so, is that your local IO might not accept your application for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa, when your permission to stay expired and you are presently on the Amnesty-based extension.

So you would need to enquire at your local IO whether they would accept your application, some IOs will do so, while others will refuse to do it (yes, Thailand and consistency - a not very stable combination).

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Disregard. That chap you quote has been playing victim card for long time. Likes to blame immigration. Gives a purpose to for a gripe. Think it's a hobby.

This is how people like you characterize those who try to help others from falling of the "immigration just wants the official documents" tripe. 

I wish someone like me had warned me that immigration was not really interested in if you meet the requirements, and were just looking for a way to force you to make a payoff.  Instead, I was fed lists of requirements, which were wrong - because they did not include the "unpublished requirements" added - and had my wife treated like dirt by those (expletive) cruel (expletives).

If I was married I would still go down retirement path if over 50. 

Yes married guys have more hurdles along with folk using income method (some offices). Some folk obsessed with immigration problems. 

99% have no issue.

Do NOT believe this 99% stuff and be shocked and surprised as I was. 

If you go to immigration with your wife, warn her they may treat her like dirt, and do their best to humiliate and insult both her and you (mostly said to her in Thai - since she is they one they can "get to" emotionally).  The IO may have been taught to see her as a traitor to her 'nation and race' for marrying you.  They HATE the fact she has a decent life, because you support her, and want to Destroy that.

But most importantly, remember that Immigration runs an agent-racket, where most of their incomes are derived (similar to the rest of the rtp).  They have set 'traps' to force a portion of applicants to ONLY be able to get an extension via a payoff.  Different offices have different trip-wires set up.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1