Tax authorities go after woman for 32 million baht - she's just a store worker on 300 baht a day!

webfact

8 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

She wasn't a politician/army general/high ranking copper's maid a few years ago, by any chance?

No surprise whatsoever! Oh except she is not a farrang. 100,000 US $ life insurance required for visitors is on the exact same level of INSANITY!!! Folks in their 50/60/70 will pay 5/6/7,000 AUD $ for such a policy. Pensioners and all Australians get Medicare = FREE for most things. The rest of the world have varying situations, talk about Thailand having ZERO tourists in the future, apart from a handful of millionaires & billionaires. You can't fix stoopid!

18 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

No surprise whatsoever! Oh except she is not a farrang. 100,000 US $ life insurance required for visitors is on the exact same level of INSANITY!!! Folks in their 50/60/70 will pay 5/6/7,000 AUD $ for such a policy. Pensioners and all Australians get Medicare = FREE for most things. The rest of the world have varying situations, talk about Thailand having ZERO tourists in the future, apart from a handful of millionaires & billionaires. You can't fix stoopid!

100k life insurance, Since when ?

7 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I imagine taking a look at her home would be enough to clarify the situation.

If its a beautiful villa then I would suspect she is not a store worker.

If its a wooden shack with a tin roof then I would suspect she is.

not if she spent her wealth on lottery tickets

8 hours ago, Mackstask said:

Maybe the authorities should be looking at Hi-So wealthy Thai millionaires that have never paid a baht in taxes instead of picking on the vulnerable. Typical Thailand. 

Tet's be fair..

Typical tax authorities in most country's

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Maybe she was used as a proxy and knows nothing about it,

if the taxman looks at her situation should be easy to see

if she has the funds to pay,once they have their claws into you

common sense goes out the window.

regards worgeordie

Serious? She's obviously a nominee of a company and signed off on being a/ the managing director. She is likely being held responsible for corporate tax if the company.. i'm guesting a foreigner or unscrupulous individual seduced her in becoming a nominee and director for a few baht. Just a likely thought. 

12 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

She wasn't a politician/army general/high ranking copper's maid a few years ago, by any chance?

.... rather an alien stockholder in one of the farang created ltd companies often used to bypass the real estate ownership law ... 

Edited by ttrd

11 hours ago, smedly said:

since banks and ATM's have very good CCTV it shouldn't have been too difficult to investigate this womans financials  and connected bank accounts

Something is very obviously wrong - who is being naughty is hard to tell but this woman rightly or wrongly is right in the middle of it

CCTV ?

5 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

It's not her that has to come up with 200k. It's the coppers that need to come up with actual evidence that she did it.

No they don't. Remember the case of the old Thai man convicted of sending SMS messages breaking a very serious law in 2010. The prosecution could not prove he had done it, but they convicted him and gave him 20 years anyway as he could not prove he had not done it.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, munchlet said:

This is not surprising. Prosecution in Thailand is a money spinner for the police expecially. My secretary, who is a Chulalongkorn graduate in English was jailed for buying a  stolen car off the mafia who sold it to her. She got 18 months. She was offered no jail time and dropped charges for THB1mn. She did not pay. She could not. There are 400,000 people in jail in Thailand, mainly for drug possession. All those families wrecked, children without parents.

The Irony is that the mafia who sold the car to my secretary are still out free, presumably because they work and in hand with the police. I love Thailand, but i despair sometimes. 400,000 people in jail? That's nearly 1% of the adult population and a lot of screwed up families. Disgraceful.

As my wife always says, only the poor are in jail in Thailand! 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

She says she is just a humble worker at a department store in the Phu Jao Saming Phrai area of Samut Prakarn and has no idea what they are talking about. 

Should be simple enough to go back through the company records and see if any wage/salary payments were made to her, which bank and account numbers, then check her bank records to see if anything was received or transacted by her.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Maybe she was used as a proxy and knows nothing about it,

if the taxman looks at her situation should be easy to see

if she has the funds to pay,once they have their claws into you

common sense goes out the window.

regards worgeordie

Common sense is never in the window where Thai authorities are concerned.

• Haha 2

Very alarming if she is indeed innocent of any wrongdoing, but let's not jump to conclusions after hearing just one side of the story. You don't know what kind of investigation has been carried out, and you can't say she's not a "high-roller" based on her appearance – the few dollar millionaires I know would look more at home in a soup kitchen than a mansion.

If she is indeed innocent and haven't taken money to act as a nominee or something like that, those responsible for this mishap should of course be punished – not that I'm holding my breath of that happening.