Pattaya: Heavy rains leave resort under water, roads impassable

webfact

Sigh.
Here is the original pic found on a Facebook post in June 2017:                                      and here is the photoshopped pic (not sure where they got these from).
banjir-pattaya.jpg.8845ca43e66b6e24c18e80a57f6b7069.jpg    1901881228_banjir-pattaya(1).jpg.a755447b5b6923fce2f600d80e45cefe.jpg

The site that had these pics apparently got them from a different site but didn't provide a link to that site.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, digger70 said:

What would be different? He would have still Thai Greedy Compadres doing what they do best.

I believe he would clear them out, but of course it will take time.

And note, in the past nobody has made any attempt to clear these leeches out of Thai politics.

14 hours ago, Kerryd said:

The railway bypass road was there long before Prayut became Commander in Chief of the military. (He was promoted to that position in 2010 after spending the previous year as an honorary adjutant to the king.)
I was living on the Darkside before then and the bypass road had already been there quite awhile.

The railway road was finished in 2008, and took 18 months from start to finish. 

• Like 1

Even with the new water drain system along Beach road

it seems that a lot of sand have been removed from the beach 

into the sea by the flood coming from Soi 6 area.

This mess is an endless work in progress.

Edited by kingofthemountain

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

I believe he would clear them out, but of course it will take time.

And note, in the past nobody has made any attempt to clear these leeches out of Thai politics.

The ones in Power Say they going to clean up the Corruption ,But the big problem is They are all corrupt in one way or an other . From small "Favors" to to Giant Project /people Fraudulent conduct.

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

All the flood prevention measures that cost billions are working well then!

Yes, the disruption to life over the years when they dig up roads lay new drains time and time again, months of disruption to traffic and business, but the floods go in a few hours, been well over a year doing drains on beach road, i bet it makes no difference

• Like 1

yeah! If you keep covering the earth with your stupid concrete, the climate will change so drastically that downpours that used to last minutes will now last hours and we all eventually and literally gonna be drowned in  floods and in the $hithole we dug during the last century...Great work humankind! keep on multiplying like rabbits!

Edited by pattayadude
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yeah I was out earlier on Soi Khao Noi, and the railway line bypass rd, and fortunately back home ahead of all this. 

Remind me again, how many years have they been working on the Railway drainage scam?

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

Remind me again, how many years have they been working on the Railway drainage scam?

It was built as a dry weather bypass, but became too popular!

23 hours ago, pattayadude said:

yeah! If you keep covering the earth with your stupid concrete, the climate will change so drastically that downpours that used to last minutes will now last hours and we all eventually and literally gonna be drowned 

Oh now I see it , global concreting !

Don't be daft our houses, roads, cities and Everything else only take up an area the size of Libya

Source : Wikipedia

Edited by WhatsNext
  • Haha 1