Thailand road carnage: Myanmar cyclist loses a leg after 10 wheeler has brake failure at Asoke intersection

webfact

Thailand road carnage: Myanmar cyclist loses a leg after 10 wheeler has brake failure at Asoke intersection

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thong Lo police were called after a 10 wheel truck suffered brake failure at the Asoke intersection in downtown Bangkok yesterday.

The driver of the Hino with Suphanburi plates swerved to avoid motorcyclists waiting at the red light heading towards Petchaburi Road.

He went into a Myanmar man called Ang Niang Oo, 27, who was waiting on the left on his bicycle. 

Both his legs were horrifically mangled and his left one was detached. 

He was rushed to hospital.

The driver of the truck was taken to Thong Lo police station and charged with negligent driving. 

A mechanic was examining the truck. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-08

• Sad 2

Probably not paying attention to the busy road as they normally do, never looking who is around them, you my find that they even remove mirrors ! 
Your life is at danger at every giving moment even when you’re walking !

I ride both bicycle and a scooter in this insubordinate, undisciplined, outlaw place and I’m fully aware that I put my life in danger and let me tell you that I’m delighted to get home one piece at night ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

A mechanic was examining the truck.

First time that has happened in probably ten years.

Sympathy to the victim, who, as a migrant will more than likely end up with practically nothing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

That's the first time i have heard of that happening,

its seems the Police usually just take the drivers word for 

it ,that the brakes failed,maybe the excuse was been used

too often.when actually they were driving too fast and could not stop in time.

regards Worgeordie

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The driver of the Hino with Suphanburi plates swerved to avoid motorcyclists waiting at the red light heading towards Petchaburi Road.

I think the "brakes failed" usually means he definitely couldn't stop in time, feel sorry for the innocent victim aged 27 who now has a lifetime of problems ahead of him and possibly am extended family he was supporting while working over here.

• Like 2

TaT should inform the H Q T's that'll be flying in that part of the quantness of Thailand is that death or mutilation is but a brake failure away .. 

Had this happened in Britland the Police would have shut the whole road off for hrs to conduct a investigation and the truck would've been taken to the nearest DVSA centre for an MOT style inspection including a full rolling brake test for a number of functions to see if the drivers claims stack up .. Either way the driver and/or the truck operator would face severe consequences for an accident that has changed someone's life in a split second ..