"I thought they were strays": Lamphun woman goes to the cops after French Bulldogs go missing

webfact

"I thought they were strays": Lamphun woman goes to the cops after French Bulldogs go missing

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A woman in Lamphun has admitted picking up two French Bulldogs from the side of the road. 

She said they had no collars and she thought they had been abandoned. 

But they had been donated to the temple of Wat Pha Lat in Muang district of Chiang Mai by a man called Weerapong. 

He went on social media to complain about what he believed was theft of the dogs.

Saowaluck went to Chiang Mai police to protest her innocence. She said she is a dog lover and saw the animals wandering around in the road two kilometers from the temple. 

So she took them home to Lamphun to look after them.

Since then she was subjected to an unwarranted hate campaign on social media calling her a dog thief.

The police advised her to make a report in the area where the animals were removed. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-08

In another report   its said the 2 dogs where worth 30,000 baht each, the so called owner had donated them to the temple to "look after"  and they had become somewhat of a celebrity with tourists who liked to take selfies holding the mutts..there was apparently CCTV evidence of the woman loading dogs into a white pickup truck which was tracked down to a "dog lovers" home  ( they had many more dogs to love)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

She said she is a dog lover and saw the animals wandering around in the road two kilometers from the temple. 

If she takes good care of the dogs , they will be better off with her .

The monks will not look after them all the time , the dogs will not have a long and happy life at the temple .

Guy who owned them should have collars on them and they shouldn’t be wandering around like strays. She done the right thing as they would be fed at the temple by animal help groups and the monks .

Reason there are strays is because humans couldn’t look after their dogs , odd that people blame the animals and not the idiots that dump and abandon them ! Can’t look after a pet don’t get one !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

Your logic is sound, however, my experience here is that if a dog is being a nuisance, for example chasing motorbikes, or trying to bite people, or barking incessantly all day then 'It is not my dog' will be the standard reply. But, if you hit the same dog with your car or bike, then it is a valuable pedigree, and a long time, much adored member of the family.

All too true. 

We had a situation like that at the last place we stayed. One of the houses kept feeding this particularly mean dog in order to make it stay just outside their gate and keep people away. On several occasions it bit people, but they refused to take responsibility for it. Finally, some of the people in the neighborhood managed to get some sort of dog shelter to come pick the dog up, which resulted in: "No, that's our dog, you can't take it away." A gathering mob of angry neighbors made them change their minds, however, and the dog was taken away.

Unfortunately, it managed to finds its way back, and after the next time it bit someone, it mysteriously died from totally natural causes.

• Like 1

Cant see what she did wrong, she sounds like an animal lover who was generally wanting to help the dogs. 

Its not as if the dogs could tell her they belonged to a temple now is it....

• Like 1

Stealing by finding.

Basic definition of theft.

(1)A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it; and “thief” and “steal” shall be construed accordingly.

(2)It is immaterial whether the appropriation is made with a view to gain, or is made for the thief’s own benefit.

I'm sure Thailand has a similar law...Guilty milud.

Doesn't matter that the guy who 'donated' them was the one who reported the theft.

Not his dogs no more. Temple dogs, temple responsibility.  The temple appears not to have known the dogs had run off 2kms. Are they fit and proper owners? 

14 hours ago, Myran said:

Why would the temple need donated dogs? And if you're letting your dogs run around by the side of the road without collars, they're fair game in my book.

Either they're your dogs, in which case you take full responsibility for them and everything they do, or they're not your dogs, in which case someone who is actually willing to take care of them is free to pick them up.

Correct,the original owner gave up ownership when they took them to the temple.

20 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

If there had been a couple Ifone's  laying in the road, it'd been considered theft. Right?

Don’t worry, those kinds of temple donations never leave the monks’ sights ????

This topic got me thinking - maybe I can “donate” my MIL?

• Haha 1

You dump two dogs at the temple and some one takes them over, you have little ground for complaint. The bigger question is why would anyone dump two French Bulldogs, these are valuable commodities, right?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genmai said:

Don’t worry, those kinds of temple donations never leave the monks’ sights ????

This topic got me thinking - maybe I can “donate” my MIL?

I tried that, they sent her home with a warning letter ????