BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand travel bubble in chaos: Plans for international flights between participating countries put off indefinitely

55 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

There's a word for it.  

Hong Kong ?

• Like 1

Bubbles faded and died then sure to be some general or other to blow some more 🤔

Maybe the reality of no tourists will sink in? Do you think that maybe the wonderfully intelligent Thai authorities might consider treating the long term expats here now a little better now and incentivizing us to spend more here? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, jojothai said:

You obviously didn't read any of the details and posts on the travel bubble proposals.

No point in wasting my time telling you. Go look for yourself.

dude, are you seriously?  this is list of countries and some d(r)aft proposals, followed by 6 pages of barstool gossip?  and jinkies!  that article was from one week ago, which is enough time for the government to do multiple 180's.

List of ‘travel bubble’ countries finalised today ahead of Aug reopening

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390671

and really, if the thai and chinese governments decide to do this, they'll simply do it, regardless of d(r)aft proposals or forum debates.

2 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

Maybe the reality of no tourists will sink in? Do you think that maybe the wonderfully intelligent Thai authorities might consider treating the long term expats here now a little better now and incentivizing us to spend more here? 

Every person capable of logical thinking would do so. But don't bet on it with this government.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Most credible sources are saying the ifr is much less than 3.5% cfr of confirmed cases. The ifr is in the range of .026% to 1.4% although some believe it is lower. Certainly people with serious cases can have more serious long term complications.

Who are these "most credible sources"? I have heard that it could be lower then 3.5% with some saying as low as 1% but just look at the Mortality rate vs confirmed cases in UK, France, Spain, Belgium, Italy, all have a higher then 10% mortality rate.

Before you say not everyone is tested, the same is also true of Flu, most people stay at home for a week or two and never see a doctor. There is no doubt that the mortality rate of Covid19 is many factors higher than that of seasonal flu. 

7 hours ago, Rancid said:

In Australia the PM stated that as restrictions eased pockets would continue to pop up, but that was acceptable as the hospitals were ready to deal with it.

Then in Melbourne cases started to pop up, the media started screaming 2nd wave, and the rush for toilet paper restarted. Parts of Melbourne are now under house arrest for 6 weeks. So again we see this is not about easing the burden on hospitals, the idiots are trying to exterminate a virus.

So will be no travel bubble between Oz and Thailand any time soon.

Latest research suggests that a 20% infection rate confers herd immunity, in other words the virus will die out naturally. This news was of course not well received by vaccine makers. The US is in a panic as cases rise, the media is going wild. What they are not reporting in that the death rates have been falling for weeks and continue to do so. Assuming this continues the whole thing should be over within 6 months. If so then we'll all wonder why governments in most countries got it wrong and destroyed their economies.

Agree

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Was never feasible. Do a bubble with Melbourne. Better idea

Wish I wasn't in Melbourne now. 😭

• Like 1

Why extend amnesty?

Anybody that wants to go to their country can jump on the daily Qatar flights through Doha and connect to their country...

Amnesty is BS

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Spock said:

Wish I wasn't in Melbourne now. 😭

Hearing you brother. My 2 son's had just returned to work only 2 weeks ago. Now again in lockdown for SIX WEEKS. 

I can feel the strain in their voice. 

Hope you can work. 

People will start to crack.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, jojothai said:

They have probably found that the other countries were not going to accept the ludicrous conditions that were going to be imposed for the bubble trips. Now there has to be an excuse.

If you look at the worldometers. There has not been any significant rise in cases in China or South Korea, Japan has increased a bit in the last week.

Really? 

Fact:

Thailand will be a victim of itself.

In order of importance for the average world citizens:

1)clean dog poop from shoes 

2) spend money I don’t have, to go to a country full of draconian rules, where I will have no freedom, be overcharged for everything, being tested for an illness that is quickly becoming a world class lie, put into quarantine from a false positive shoddy test, and drained of the illegal 100,000.00 usd insurance policy I was forced to buy.

The greed is surpassed only by the self serving arrogance of the authorities.

Have a nice day.

We can hear more suicide cases in the next few months. This government is really too scared of taking risks.

UK, USA and other countries have much higher cases and they are opening up the economy but not Thailand?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Patts said:

Who are these "most credible sources"? I have heard that it could be lower then 3.5% with some saying as low as 1% but just look at the Mortality rate vs confirmed cases in UK, France, Spain, Belgium, Italy, all have a higher then 10% mortality rate.

Before you say not everyone is tested, the same is also true of Flu, most people stay at home for a week or two and never see a doctor. There is no doubt that the mortality rate of Covid19 is many factors higher than that of seasonal flu. 

With that 10% you are going with the closed case mortality rates based on confirmed cases which are not indicative of the true mortality and grossly exaggerate the fatality rate when they were only getting the serious cases at the hospital for confirmed tests. Yes it is higher than the flu, but not nearly at the rate you are suggesting. There are some virologists and epidemiologists who do compare it to a severe season of the flu.

The numbers for mortality you are quoting are just way off the charts for what people think the ifr truly is. Search for results on ifr and you will see they are mostly below 1% and in some cases seriously below 1%. The WHOs initial findings based on confirmed cases and no asymptotic cases were seriously off on the true mortality rate.

Let's take the more moderate one from antibody testing from John Hopkins that puts it between .5% and 1%. I could post many more studies.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/05/28/863944333/antibody-tests-point-to-lower-death-rate-for-the-coronavirus-than-first-thought

The cdc's website puts the most optimistic ifr at .2 or .26 I believe, but it thinks it is most probably at .4. Harvard University epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch thinks it is likely lying somewhere between 0.2%-1.5%. Most likely somewhere in the middle.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/05/fact-check-cdc-estimates-covid-19-death-rate-0-26/5269331002/

Would you think John Hopkins, US CDC and Harvard are credible?

*also I meant .26-1.4% in my original post and remember seasonal flu's mortality rate is .1%

Edited by vermin on arrival
error in numbers on original post
  • Like 2