Thailand travel bubble in chaos: Plans for international flights between participating countries put off indefinitely

webfact

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

There will be NO travel bubble now or in the near future.

Air Asia shares have been halted as of today and the airline is in financial difficulty.

Forget international travel for the foreseeable future. 

Links?

• Like 1

BOT is now spreading doom and gloom about the Thai economy. Think we will see a big devaluation of the baht sooner rather than later. Keep only as much Thai baht as needed for your visa in the Thai banks.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:
5 hours ago, steven100 said:

There will be NO travel bubble now or in the near future.

Air Asia shares have been halted as of today and the airline is in financial difficulty.

Forget international travel for the foreseeable future. 

Links?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

In general, we can say a significant portion of a given population already have immunity or seem impervious to the virus right from the get go- perhaps 20-60% depending on the virus.  So, imo the hypothesis has some merit.  When it comes to covid 19 of course we simply don't know, and that's why we shouldn't also be so dogmatic in our opposite views.

Total, absolute Fake News. No one has an immunity to a coronavirus. Stop talking about stuff that you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Links?

Google is your friend. Try typing outside of Thaivisa for your news

it's called common sense. Air travel is just about finished. Again, try looking outside of Thaivisa. 

Just now, Yme said:

Google is your friend. Try typing outside of Thaivisa for your news

it's called common sense. Air travel is just about finished. Again, try looking outside of Thaivisa. 

You're preaching to the converted. But thanks for the good advice, which one hopes others will follow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Glad to hear this decision.

Makes me feel as though Thais possibly are not all about the money after all..

For many people in the country tourists are the only way to survive. (tour guides, drivers, small hotels and resorts, elephant camps ...)
To change to other jobs is nearly impossible for the majority of them as there are no jobs available.
Many guides spent a lot money (29 to 50k) for their licenses, no chance to use them now.
So what's your solution for them ?
Most did not even "qualify" for the 5000b payouts. Was a media bubble to safe face only.
Travel agencies who kicked their staff out from one day to the other get financial support. Fair?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Someone can explain to me this ''problem'' with the toilet paper? Sorry but i don't get it

What is the point to storing at home this product when there is no shortage of it in the shops?

Shows what a.....s they are ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CLW said:

Expect another U-Turn tomorrow.

Can't see why Thailand is not opening up to EU while they allow Thai citizens to come in.

I guess after China the EU probably the biggest number of tourists coming to Thailand.

And with the ending summer, many tourists from Europe would like to spend some warmer days here.

There would be quite a lot of European countries with very low cases but i guess TAT can't even find them on a map.

3 hours ago, lensta said:

Big opportunity for the sale and installation of bum guns

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Maybe because of something called covid19 ?

The Thais returning at home from europe are quarantined for 14 days

do you think a tourist on a 1 month annual holiday is ready to accept

to stay confined in an hotel room during 14 days at his own expenses?

I don't think so

If you look at the returnees and infections only one of recent arrived from the U.K. albeit it only takes one to infect more. 

• Like 1