Thailand travel bubble in chaos: Plans for international flights between participating countries put off indefinitely

webfact

Then let's go for a system of self quarantine after arrival. Covid test before departure , covid test on day 2 and day 12 after arrival. All well then you can travel freely. Only private transport to pre booked accommodation. Tracking app after 14 days quarantine. For long term holidays in rental apartments a perfect solution. People stay for 2-3 months and longer. So it is no big deal to self quarantine in holiday apartment. A great opportunity for grocery and food delivery services. Jobs for Thai people.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Rath reported that Thailand's plans to set up a so-called travel bubble among countries that have the coronavirus under control are being put on hold.

The bubble has burst, as most predicted it would. 

The only bubble that exists is the one T.A.T constantly live in.

The only travelers to Thailand are going to be business people, that will only be for the duration of the meetings.

The ridiculous document requirement is going to put off any traveler this year, if they feel a need for a break they will travel domestically and cheaply this year, forget international holidays.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

As long as the rich become richer they aren’t bothered about the unemployed and the misery the lockdown is causing. Try telling the Thai Government to look at it practically, Covid19 Tests with Certs and a $100k Insurance is nigh impossible to get more so Health Insurance for the older tourist. 

In addition, the Thai government does not welcome farang.

Plenty of interesting, exotic places welcome dirty farang dosh.

The Thai government will be pleased to know, I won't be

returning to Thailand for more of their insults.

After reading these comments I wholeheartedly agree with this dissension when it comes to China, like others have said China should have never been on this list. One contributor shared two charts that I believe are suppose to be current and I noticed that the cases within China 85,345 are the same as three months ago and Vietnam only 369 cases, I'm not saying these charts are wrong I am saying the numbers from these two countries are cooked big time. I do not trust either, also these charts are from WHO whom I do not trust at all, they are being bought. 

• Like 2

You couldn’t write it could you.

the circus that is Thailand and the main event that is the regime just keeps on entertaining all of us living here that have a front row seat!

never have I witnessed such a dire level of incompetence in all my life.

Edited by Liverpoolfan
  • Haha 1

I know some Filipino teachers stuck in Manila, they have tried to book a flight with Air Asia , around 500 teachers went on holiday in March after the schools closed , does this mean the government does not care about getting them home, back to Bangkok? 
They are in big troubles now, they rely on the income for their families. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, nev said:

Maybe they are panicking because they might have to cancel the 3 submarines on order and bail out the economy instead, Or even better hand out money to the needy.

Thailand did not need submarines in the first place.

But the people need money..

And a fair whack of farang money is not coming in. 

Nor the farang support for many thai lady and their families...

• Like 1

RUBBISH! When they announced the travel bubbles South Korea and China already had hundreds of new cases. It was just a PR number to give people the impression, Thailand was opening up. It was never meant to actually happen that's why details were never published.

RUBBISH! When they announced the travel bubbles South Korea and China already had hundreds of new cases. It was just a PR number to give people the impression, Thailand was opening up. It was never meant to actually happen that's why details were never published.

5 hours ago, Visarghhhh said:

People with Retirement Visas should be allowed back in with all precautions taken!

There are groups of people trying to get back that take priority including Thai nationals and taxpayers. 

Maybe plan on retiring somewhere that actually values your decision to retire there? 

Just a thought. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, balo said:

I know some Filipino teachers stuck in Manila, they have tried to book a flight with Air Asia , around 500 teachers went on holiday in March after the schools closed , does this mean the government does not care about getting them home, back to Bangkok? 
They are in big troubles now, they rely on the income for their families. 

Sorry to say, but that was a very stupid decision going on holiday at the start of a global pandemic. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

China is an authoritarian state.

They crush individuality for the benefit of the country as a whole.

They want to destroy democracy and spread their evil around the world.

anyone who speaks out against CCP inside China is dealt with in the harshest possible way. Dissidents are murdered and their families too.

I sometimes think the UK would be a better place if a few 'statue topplers' and their families 'disappeared'.

I would see it as expedient to the survival of our civilisation, rather than evil.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Madeline Thompson said:

This is beyond belief - this country is going down the tubes so fast,

they cannot decide on anything.  They are frightened little people who

want everything to be perfectly safe - terrified of losing their 'glory

boys' status as top dog in the covid lottery.

that's a bit melo dramatic wouldn't you say .....    lol

Was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question. If there is a travel bubble with some countries in the future (lets say Japan). Is it possible for European citizen to travel to Thailand trough that country or what are the rules about it? Does the travel bubble idea allow only people from that country to enter Thailand or anyone coming on flights from that country? 

17 hours ago, Mises said:

Those countries that closed their borders such as Australia, New Zealand and Thailand that rely on tourism for a significant part of their economy are either going to have to open up and let COVID 19 do its worst, which is not very much for 99.9% of people, or remain closed for years and kiss goodbye to tourism, airports, airlines, hotels etc.

Agree 100%

13 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

From what I've read on that, the mutation you're talking about supposedly is one that allows the virus to more rapidly, efficiently spread through the cells in the host body. But supposedly, that characteristic doesn't necessarily make the virus itself more contagious on a person to person basis. Again, I think the study of that issue remains an evolving subject.

https://www.scripps.edu/news-and-events/press-room/2020/20200611-choe-farzan-sars-cov-2-spike-protein.html

Once again greater infectivity/transmission from host to host with less mortality is textbook natural selection: if host dies so does the virus. A random mutation in a gene codon that changes the amino  acid mapping to protein chain..  Aspatic acid is replaced by glycine., altering the secondary protein structure. This  change is shown to increase host to host transmission while limiting intra host replication. The mechanism is an increas in number of binding sites on the virus spike protein, where it initially targets the host receptor ACE2.. The  greater infectivity(transmission of G614 genotype was not detected in Feb, low in March and by May 70%. indicating transmission advantages over  viruses with  D614. 

Edited by morrobay

23 hours ago, jojothai said:

They have probably found that the other countries were not going to accept the ludicrous conditions that were going to be imposed for the bubble trips. Now there has to be an excuse.

If you look at the worldometers. There has not been any significant rise in cases in China or South Korea, Japan has increased a bit in the last week.

Hong Kong announced a third wave of infections with 14 local HK people testing positive.   Hong Kong was going to be one of the travel bubble countries. 

11 hours ago, Blumpie said:

If it is, it is.  

People can tout it all they want.  There isn't any tourism coming into Thailand even if the doors were flung open.  Nothing, zero, zilch.  If you indicate that tourism is a bunch of old men expats coming back in they don't count, not by a long shot.

This is the problem with any economy relying too much on tourism.  Or anything for that matter.

And in reality all manufacturing is down.  

People with an ounce of noodle hasn't been looking at scraping the remnants of 2020 with "local tourism".  Were well beyond that.  2021, what's that going to be like?  We have to wait and see if a vaccine is produced.  If not, don't count on anything in 2021 either.  The high winter season for Thailand is already finished and it hasn't even started yet.  

They assemble more cars than anyone in SE Asia but the consumer selection within Thailand is pathetic.

11 hours ago, Visarghhhh said:

People with Retirement Visas should be allowed back in with all precautions taken!

They are taking all precautions. Retirees are the highest risk group so they aren't lighting the blue touchpaper.

6 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

China is an authoritarian state.

They crush individuality for the benefit of the country as a whole.

They want to destroy democracy and spread their evil around the world.

anyone who speaks out against CCP inside China is dealt with in the harshest possible way. Dissidents are murdered and their families too.
There is no freedom of speech in China, speaking freely may cost you your life.

The leader is a power hungry maniac who will stop at nothing to get what he wants.

oh no, nothing wrong with China ????????????????

You should get a job with Reuters, you'd walk it.