Vehicles frequently overturning on new stretch of Thai road

webfact

One poster mentioned ruts from heavy vehicles. If the rut has a couple of mm of water in it the tyre will aquaplane and every driver here knows the instant response is to grab a big handful of steering and slam your foot on the brake and, especially in a pick-up, without touching the clutch pedal.

????????

27 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Oh wow! Now I have 4 lanes to zigzag eratically in and out without checking the mirror! Just cant wait to try them all out, especially in the rain!

You're a driving instructor aren't you.

????????????

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, LennyW said:

I came down 304 on Sunday, the road has a lot of ruts in the left lanes from heavy trucks, they can easily catch people out, some parts really bad, throw in the rain and generally inept drivers and there will be accidents for sure!

The pictures in the OP show concrete road.

If I understand the meaning of ruts correctly, they are only in asphalt roads.

Near where I live they have widened road #36 and made it all concrete, so no ruds, but now they have big signs every 1 km or so on the straight patches " slippery when wet "  :cheesy::cheesy:

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

One poster mentioned ruts from heavy vehicles. If the rut has a couple of mm of water in it the tyre will aquaplane and every driver here knows the instant response is to grab a big handful of steering and slam your foot on the brake and, especially in a pick-up, without touching the clutch pedal.

????????

dang ... No hope for me then ... I have an automatic .... I know something was not right ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

The pictures in the OP show concrete road.

If I understand the meaning of ruts correctly, they are only in asphalt roads.

Near where I live they have widened road #36 and made it all concrete, so no ruds, but now they have big signs every 1 km or so on the straight patches " slippery when wet "  :cheesy::cheesy:

Someone wrote beneath the sign: 'So is mine'