Advice for non-b visa ending next week

I have resigned from a job, for which I had a non-b visa to stay in Thailand.  The date given for end of visa is 13th July.  I am currently looking fir another job, but it is unlikely I will find one before 13th July.

I have a Thai family (wife and child).  I have 400,000b in a Thai account.  Therefore, I think I would qualify for non-o, but I am not sure I would be able to get all the documents needed by 13th.

What are my options?  I want to stay in Thailand, obviously, but my visa expires 13th July; I have been told that the visa amnesty to 31st July does not cover this, and that I would have to extend before 13th July.

Has the 400k baht been in the bank for months?

If you need more time to do the extension you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then apply for the one year extension.

2 minutes ago, jbauer said:

When you say visit my wife, is there a need to leave Thailand?  What is the process to apply?

I think the intended meaning is to extend your current visit to your wife. Anyway, no need to leave the country.

29 minutes ago, jbauer said:

When you say visit my wife, is there a need to leave Thailand?

Visit you wife is the wording used in the clause of the police order for the 60 day extension. It really means nothing when you go to apply.

No need to leave the country to apply for it.

29 minutes ago, jbauer said:

What is the process to apply?

Your wife will need to be with you when apply.

You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

You will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copies of your passport pages and TM6 departure card.

If you have 400k bath in a Thai bank for 2 months you may still have enough time to apply for the one year extension.

Here is my list of required documents and etc for the one year extension. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf