Pattaya: Don't leave kids in cars - rescue called to save three year old boy locked in a Jazz

webfact

Pattaya: Don't leave kids in cars - rescue called to save three year old boy locked in a Jazz

8pm.jpg

Pattaya's Sawang Boriboon rescue foundation was called after a boy left in a Honda Jazz locked himself in. 

It took the foundation 30 minutes to get the door open much to the relief of the father and bystanders gathered in the area of the 7-Eleven at the end of Soi Nong Sadao. 

Mo, 3, was fine.

8pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

His dad "Boy" (an assumed name) said he had only stopped for a moment to make a phone call. He left his son in the back of  the car with the engine running but he went into the driver's seat and locked himself in. 

8pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Boy was thus unable to open the vehicle from the outside. 

The media reminded Thais not to leave children in their cars. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-08

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

His dad "Boy" (an assumed name) said he had only stopped for a moment to make a phone call. He left his son in the back of  the car with the engine running

So he's even more stupid then,"engine running" what sort of parent is  this? I think he  should be castrated now to save any future offspring of this prime example of  gross negligence.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bodga said:

So he's even more stupid then,"engine running" what sort of parent is  this? I think he  should be castrated now to save any future offspring of this prime example of  gross negligence.

I do think a stern talking too should be sufficient, or  a small fine , castration would be a stiff punishment for the offence 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bodga said:

30 Minuets to open the Door using wire hooks, Where  they should have called the Locksmith & give him the make of Vehicle Honda Jazz & he would have the Door opened in less that 1 minuet. 

FYI Ph of the Locksmith if you ever need assistance with your Vehicle locked with the keys inside n no damage to your paint work, PH 086 699 6628.

Edited by bontang

7 hours ago, bodga said:

Anyone anywhere is allowed to be a parent, absolutely no qualification needed. Bizarre, isn't it.

8 hours ago, bontang said:

30 Minuets to open the Door using wire hooks, Where  they should have called the Locksmith & give him the make of Vehicle Honda Jazz & he would have the Door opened in less that 1 minuet. 

FYI Ph of the Locksmith if you ever need assistance with your Vehicle locked with the keys inside n no damage to your paint work, PH 086 699 6628.

Is that an ad?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bontang said:

Break a rear side window, 5 seconds and the kids would have been out, plus the father would remember never to do that again as it would have cost him some money !

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bontang said:

Have you successfully done this here in Thailand, outside of Bangkok? Probably not..... my experience of the locals is that even when they tell you 10 minutes away. take over an hour to arrive. 

9 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

A father named boy says nothing. Just a common nickname in Thailand

I this case ,it says everything, leaving his kid in the car with engine running,

regards Worgeordie

28 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I this case ,it says everything, leaving his kid in the car with engine running,

regards Worgeordie

He was thinking of his son by keeping the A/C on; and himself.  I am intrigued about who he was calling that necessitated getting out of a cool car into the hot sun.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Have you successfully done this here in Thailand, outside of Bangkok? Probably not..... my experience of the locals is that even when they tell you 10 minutes away. take over an hour to arrive. 

Thai Time

52 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

so because his name is boy he left the child in the car?  If his parents would have named him pla, moo, guy or any other name he wouldn't? 

How many people in the west forget babies and children in cars? Actually in some places it's so bad that some cars have a special alert reminding the driver to check the children before locking the car

I leave my 4 yr old in the back seat at times , with the aircon running, absolutely no problem at all !!!

I'm always just outside my drivers door, usually having a cigarette, waiting for the missus who may be in the shops/market, etc.

The big difference is my son is safely strapped into his child seat in the rear....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1