Laughing reactions every time there is bad news about Thailand

Pravda

On 7/8/2020 at 12:54 PM, Anythingleft? said:

Quite a few outside now that live in Thailand not very thankful of the lack of information or assistance to get back to their families, and that includes the Thai citizens currently stranded outside......

There are no Thai citizens stranded outside. My wife left to USA 6 weeks ago and she is coming back tomorrow. Who ever is saying Thai citizens stranded outside is lying. Also who ever has work permit,Thai spouse etc are allowed to come back. 

On 7/8/2020 at 12:30 PM, Pravda said:

why not just leave? 

I DID, after almost 20 years. I do not hate Thailand, it is a very scenic and culturally rich country but in recent years has, in my opinion, been tied down with bureaucratic paperwork (especially for visas) and strict financial requirements making life more complicated. I crossed over into Cambodia just before the borders closed and I now enjoy my retirement in pleasure in Siem Reap. If you are over 50, it is so easy and hassle free for a retirement visa.

On 7/8/2020 at 12:54 PM, Anythingleft? said:

Quite a few outside now that live in Thailand not very thankful of the lack of information or assistance to get back to their families, and that includes the Thai citizens currently stranded outside......

Thai citizens can come back on repatriation flights. 

For me, I came with my wife to take care of her ailing dad. We bought 2 rai of land and built a nice 3 bedroom 2 bath house with an attached room for her father to stay in. He died 9 months later and now with all our money tied up in the house and land, we can't afford to just leave it. We have tried selling it and most Thai people can not afford a nice home like this. Until it sells I am stuck here.

Anyone interested the house is in Mae Taeng about 40 km north of Chiang Mai. E-mail me at [email protected]

Edited by Kurtf

34 minutes ago, oobar said:

Consistently one of the top vacuous statements on thaivisa.

Oh noes

Next time I'll try to use a fancy word on internets forums to demarcate myself and appear intelligent ????

2 hours ago, Ketyo said:

I think the mixed reaction is because there is a lot to like about Thailand like the people, culture, lifestyle.

But there is also a lot to despise. Like the way that the incompetent, backwards, authoritarian military authorities treat the people including the Thais and Farangs. Nobody wants to live under a military dictatorship. It can turn an otherwise enjoyable experience very sour.

Absolutely!

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

And therein lies one of the greatest problems in the world. Some nations feel they have a god given right to travel the globe and tell others what they are doing wrong, then try and get a solution to their benefit.

No I wouldn't consider that to be the greatest problem the greatest problem is nations and individuals can't seem to understand is one second they say something like " god given right " the next they are doing exactly the same thing " god given right to respond ". Here is another " sorry I understand what you are saying I won't do it again the next word back to the same thing.  It isn't " some nations " it is ALL and that includes the nation of Thailand. We are all hypocrites and that is what God has created.

Edited by thailand49

I guess the ones here that hate it are skint, a bargirl done them wrong. Or they try to fight the system instead of stepping around it. They can't leave because they are trapped.

I like it here, and still do after ten years.

It's a matter of some wonder to me that men with allegedly far superior education can lose their life savings to a Thai girl who is one step above illiterate. I guess it's because they are thinking with the wrong body part.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Pravda said:

Oh noes

Next time I'll try to use a fancy word on internets forums to demarcate myself and appear intelligent ????

Always happy to help out a fellow poster, try egregiously asinine.

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I guess the ones here that hate it are skint, a bargirl done them wrong. Or they try to fight the system instead of stepping around it. They can't leave because they are trapped.

COVID has pretty much trapped everyone.

My bar girls have all been great, I'm just bored being in one place all the time.

I've already missed out on two foreign holidays.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

COVID has pretty much trapped everyone.

My bar girls have all been great, I'm just bored being in one place all the time.

I've already missed out on two foreign holidays.

I don't feel trapped here at all. I would definitely feel trapped if I was in Australia.

6 hours ago, Pravda said:
6 hours ago, oobar said:

Consistently one of the top vacuous statements on thaivisa.

Oh noes

Pravda, you have to understand that people are in Thailand because they like it. 

Yet, as with every day life, there are criticisms. Foreigners have the same criticisms Thai’s do. 

I often discuss the same disappointing issues that we read on these forums with my Thai friends . 

That said there are a handful of nasty folk in this forum who take pleasure in the misfortune of others, but please don’t mistake this for those who are amused by the blundering dictatorship at the top of Thailands wavering tree of Politics who bumble through issues clumsily with a priority on saving face.

I think when the politicians screw up, their arrogance makes them the target of a certain degree of schadenfreude. 

And now you have fallen for the primary crime... 'If you don’t like it go home’... its not the most intelligent of responses, its rather obvious and ignorantly ignores the issues and topics at hand rather than takes them face on with intelligent discussion. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Seems to me that this forum is becoming a gathering spot for racists. I think that is where most of this hate of Asian culture comes from even though most of them don't say it outright. They always seem to find some excuse to hate Asians and it's the only logical explanation.

It wasn't that obvious to me until the virus and all the conspiracy theories and hate directed at Chinese people in general that was and still is being posted here as a result of that.

Definitely, and yet when you respond with anything about China that's positive immediately out come the racists (yes, you know who you are) saying you're programmed by Beijing.

I live closer to Pattaya than Beijing. Strange eh?

I think the old boys are too set in their ways and still function at cold war mentality. They always will. Too old to adapt.

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Pravda, you have to understand that people are in Thailand because they like it. 

Yet, as with every day life, there are criticisms. Foreigners have the same criticisms Thai’s do. 

I often discuss the same disappointing issues that we read on these forums with my Thai friends . 

That said there are a handful of nasty folk in this forum who take pleasure in the misfortune of others, but please don’t mistake this for those who are amused by the blundering dictatorship at the top of Thailands wavering tree of Politics who bumble through issues clumsily with a priority on saving face.

I think when the politicians screw up, their arrogance makes them the target of a certain degree of schadenfreude. 

And now you have fallen for the primary crime... 'If you don’t like it go home’... its not the most intelligent of responses, its rather obvious and ignorantly ignores the issues and topics at hand rather than takes them face on with intelligent discussion. 

Yourself excluded, intelligent discussion is somewhat at a premium in these parts.

Start a thread on tits'n'bums and watch the numbers roll.

30 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Seems to me that this forum is becoming a gathering spot for racists. I think that is where most of this hate of Asian culture comes from even though most of them don't say it outright. They always seem to find some excuse to hate Asians and it's the only logical explanation.

your post sounds like paranoia

31 minutes ago, shdmn said:

that obvious to me until the virus and all the conspiracy theories and hate directed at Chinese people in general that was and still is being posted here as a result of that.

With the big mess resulting of the Wuhan virus all over the world

it seems normal than some people are a little angry with those who

introduced the virus, it wasn't an accident, some chinese people have

made the choice to kill, sale and eat some wild animals in a market

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

your post sounds like paranoia

With the big mess resulting of the Wuhan virus all over the world

it seems normal than some people are a little angry with those who

introduced the virus, it wasn't an accident, some chinese people have

made the choice to kill, sale and eat some wild animals in a market

Well, in fairness ‘we’ (westerners / British) made the choice to kill and eat Cows.... and there was quite a scare with links between CJD and BSE (mad-cow disease) outbreaks in the 1980’s and 1990’s  (peaking in 1993).

We didn’t know how eating meat could potentially impact us - now we know, we still eat meat but take more precautions (beef cannot be older than 30 months if entering the human food chain).

One would hope that after this lesson, all Wet Markets containing ‘wild life’ are banned across China. 

There are 7 main Human Coronaviruses:

229E (alpha)

NL63 (alpha)

OC43 (beta)

HKU1 (beta

MERS-CoV, a beta virus that causes Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS)

SARS-CoV, a beta virus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)

SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19

Both of the SARS viruses may have evolved to jump from Wildlife.

There are over 30 ‘Animal’ Coronavirus - a lot out there....    Should we even be eating meat at all ????

(can’t believe I asked that, I love a steak !)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, shdmn said:

So you've decided that Thais are 'Asian culture', lumping all Asians in the same culture seems a bit racist to me.

• Haha 2