Yearly Extension application time frame.

With an initial O visa retirement issued at local immigration and then 12 month extended at local immigration .

Now with 5 weeks left, when is the earliest and the latest i can apply for the next yearly extension could i apply now or in the last week of validity.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by sapson

If my plans change as in change of finance or status or going to Uk etc.

Are their any short extension options on the existing yearly extension expiry date, as in pay 1900 baht and get another 30 days etc..............with borders closed no option to do a hop.

2 minutes ago, sapson said:

Are their any short extension options on the existing yearly extension expiry date, as in pay 1900 baht and get another 30 days etc..............with borders closed no option to do a hop.

There is no extension you can apply for other than one year.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no extension you can apply for other than one year.

Hi Joe,

If married to a thai national, would OP not be eligibile for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting his wife/dependant child?

41 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

If married to a thai national, would OP not be eligibile for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting his wife/dependant child?

He could but he did not mention having a Thai wife a or child.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2020 at 12:06 PM, ubonjoe said:

He could but he did not mention having a Thai wife a or child.

Correct that would not apply, further query this is an O visa retirement issued at local immigration and extended there.

I presume therefore on my extension this time I wouldnt need insurance as initial visa  was not issued at a consulate outside the country.

1 hour ago, sapson said:

Correct that would not apply, further query this is an O visa retirement issued at local immigration and extended there.

I presume therefore on my extension this time I wouldnt need insurance as initial visa  was not issued at a consulate outside the country.

That's correct, the thai IO-approved health-insurance requirement is ONLY required when applying for the 1-year extension based on your original Non Imm O-A Visa and doing so for reason of retirement.

Note: Also correct that a Non Imm O-A Visa can only be applied for at a thai Embassy/Consulate in your home-country or country of residence.

On 7/8/2020 at 1:53 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the extension up to 30 days early at some offices and others 45 days. You can apply up to the last day of your extension if you wanted to.

Does Jomtiem do the extention application 45 days before?

TIA

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thirty days.

Thanks ubonjoe.

Do you know if this does apply as well for extentions of stay based on a Thai Elite (PE) Visa and if not how manys days before this would be ? My last 1 year permission runs out mid October 2020 and I do not expect to be able to exit/enter the country easily before.

My IO is Jomtien. I assume I can extend it there on the spot. From one of your previous posts and additions of others I take it that I need to

1. Fill out a form (could you please tell me which one that is ?)

2. Present a copy of passport and visa

3. Present a Letter from Thai Elite (I will contact them about that, never heard about this before)

4. My Membership Card

TM30 is in passport and 90 day report was made just recently, but since I apply for my extention before the next 90 day report is due all I need is to extent before that date and the 90 day period will run anew from there.

Seems like a no brainer but better ask again in detail.

Thanks.

Edited by moogradod

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

Do you know if this does apply as well for extentions of stay based on a Thai Elite (PE) Visa and if not how manys days before this would be ? My last 1 year permission runs out mid October 2020 and I do not expect to be able to exit/enter the country easily before.

You could do it 30 days early.

My IO is Jomtien. I assume I can extend it there on the spot. From one of your previous posts and additions of others I take it that I need to

1. Fill out a form (could you please tell me which one that is ?)

2. Present a copy of passport and visa

3. Present a Letter from Thai Elite (I will contact them about that, never heard about this before)

4. My Membership Card

That is correct.

TM30 is in passport and 90 day report was made just recently, but since I apply for my extention before the next 90 day report is due all I need is to extent before that date and the 90 day period will run anew from there.

The extension application should reset your 90 day report date and the next report would be due 90 days from that day since it would be considered your first extension. Don't assume that will happen though. Ask the officer about if he does not put a slip in your passport for the next report date.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is correct.

Great. Thank you ubonjoe.

As for the form: Is there something like a common "Application for Extension of stay" that I should use as a PE Visa holder or are there specific forms for the different visas ? And where do I get those ? Can they be downloaded ? Never done an extension since I always travelled and upon return received a new one year stamp automatically. Which has been really convenient pre COVID.

....and thanks for the advice concerning the 90 day report.

22 minutes ago, moogradod said:

As for the form: Is there something like a common "Application for Extension of stay" that I should use as a PE Visa holder or are there specific forms for the different visas ?

Just a standard TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Download: Fillable TM7 form.pdf

I think I answered you 90 report question before.

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2020 at 6:44 PM, ubonjoe said:

Just a standard TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Download: Fillable TM7 form.pdf

I think I answered you 90 report question before.

Thank you really very much. .....and yes, you have answered the 90 report question - that's why I said "......and thank you for the advice concerning the 90 day report" meaning: Thank you that you did answer this ... ????

• 2 months later...
On 7/12/2020 at 4:43 PM, ubonjoe said:

The extension application should reset your 90 day report date and the next report would be due 90 days from that day since it would be considered your first extension. Don't assume that will happen though. Ask the officer about if he does not put a slip in your passport for the next report date.

I got the extension for one year without any problem. But when I asked about the new 90 day report "slip" the IO should put in the passport with a new reporting date 90 days ahead from the application date, confusion broke out in the office. First the IO said "no new slip" and after I politely questioned that again the IO asked somebody else. She did not know exactly. Then she came obviously to the conclusion that a new reporting date and slip would be indeed appropriate and she sent me back to the entrance to get a new queue number for the 90 day report counter. She did not speak much but this what was intentended according to her gestures. But I was refused a new queue number to do that. Reason: The reporting date and slip that I had in my passport should not be changed because of my extension the front desk said - exactly the opposite of what you say and opposite to the conclusion the IO obviously came.

So I still have an old 90 day report date and slip in my passport regardless of my later extension of stay. This is no problem for me for I could easily (I hope so because of this ominous 26 Sept. date and possible overcrowding) make a report 2 weeks before due date or 1 week after. A 90 day report is a matter of under 60 seconds under normal circumstances. Maybe I think too much but this would then be perfectly OK - or not ?

Second speciality: I got an extension based on my application date 17 September 2020 at the IO until 15 October 2021 as per stamp in the passport which mentions the two dates 17. Sept 2020 and 15 Oct 2021). This is longer than a year from the date of my application but one year from the last granted date of stay.  I suppose that this is correct since my last permit was until 15 October 2020 (I entered from Vietnam on 17 September 2019 the last time).

It only confuses me a little bit because would I have entered the country on the date of my application I would have received one month less when crossing the border. But October 15, 2021 as new date of approved stay may be correct because you may apply for extension about one month before the old permit expires and therefore there is an unbroken period of stay of two successive years (which is not the case if you leave the country and then return after a short time). This would mean the beginning of the new granted 1 year of stay is when the previous permit expires and not counted from the date of the application of extension. Correct ?

9 hours ago, moogradod said:

I got the extension for one year without any problem. But when I asked about the new 90 day report "slip" the IO should put in the passport with a new reporting date 90 days ahead from the application date, confusion broke out in the office.

Reading back through the posts done over 2 months ago it appears it technically not your first extension due to you already being in the country and doing the required 90 day reports. You 90 day report date would not change in your case.

When is or was you last 90 day report due? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Reading back through the posts done over 2 months ago it appears it technically not your first extension due to you already being in the country and doing the required 90 day reports. You 90 day report date would not change in your case.

When is or was you last 90 day report due? 

Thank you Ubonjoe

More and more I understand the details of various tasks at the IO which may at at times be tricky since as an individual I don’t do them every day.

My next 90 day report is due on October 7, 2020, based on my previous 90 day report. In the past I have left the country for a holiday before my one year permit to stay was over and was then granted a new 1 year stamp at the airport upon returning. From then on the 90 day reporting period was running again and my 1 year permit to stay began anew. At this time a new TM30 was required as well because of my return from abroad. This all worked effortlessly. I can only recommend the Elite Visa. The term “Easy Access” is not a hollow promise. Superb.

This year – extending my permit of stay while in the country – the procedure is different although as well easy. The permit of stay is (was) extended for one year from the prior end of my previous permit (not from the date of application) – now until October 15, 2021, and the 90 day reporting periods just did not get interrupted. That’s where most of the confusion arose. But this all makes sense now.

Again, Elite Visa did a marvellous job also, providing me with guidance and documentation which items to bring and a letter to the IO including making an appointment for me with time and date and this all with superb response times and in a very pleasant and friendly manner. Highly recommended.

Edited by moogradod