How many go-go-bars will survive the next months?

In Bangkok we might see bars opening only Friday and Saturday, there are simply not enough customers to operate on week days.

I can only admire Thai people for their optimism, as there is a great deal of renovation work going on. Guess that some people sit on a pile of cash and can plan for when a vaccine to come up. But they might have some staff problems then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

No farangs = no customers. The businesses patronized by Thais will survive. I suppose that means the massage shops/brothels.

I don't have any numbers but I think there are still lots of farangs who live in Bangkok. Some work and make money and others have a pension to spend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't have any numbers but I think there are still lots of farangs who live in Bangkok. Some work and make money and others have a pension to spend.

AFAIK Thais don't visit go-go bars. They cut to the chase.

You may be right. However, it depends on what proportion of customers are resident farangs, and how many are tourists. The bars that depend mostly on tourists IMO don't have a prayer.

AFAIK the go-go bars in Chiang Mai are still closed. Farang tourism is way down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

This is a (sorry, bad quality) panorama picture of Nana on the 1st July about 21:00.

On the first view it does not look too bad. But on second view the left and right corners are completely dark. All closed. And the 3rd floor is completely closed.

Yesterday the two "smaller" bars in the 3rd floor were open - with very few customers.

Nana20200701.thumb.jpg.057e2fe44c18a24110dc0cb77b741ff0.jpg

I think Thailand has more severe problems to think about. So far the government did a great job. But I am afraid that if this situation gets out of control we hardly can imagine the consequences. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Thais became addicted to this easy cash from stupid foreigners. I hope this health crisis weans them off this bs. I'm sure the strip clubs in Miami are doing well lol.. 

So how does that work in Miami? Easy cash from stupid locals? And obviously no touching? 555

• Like 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you think in the Farang Pub - fun, entertainment and Expat life we should only discuss severe problems?

And, on second thought, these are severe problems.

i-support-single-moms-hoodie-16.jpg?v=15

You care about your booze and sex. If you are the government of this country you have to care about Thailand and many millions of people. Is this really so hard to understand? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 5

7 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Who cares if they all close, over priced booze and over priced prostitutes, strictly for the sex tourist, a dying breed.

I am not normally a customer at these places, but they are a part of the world here for farang. 

But at the prices quoted here they deserve a few problems. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, trucking said:

15,000 baht a month just for dancing ???  Bloody hell . Time to get the wife out of the kitchen and put on her dancing shoes. While I'm at it the MIL has a lot of free time. I could be a kept man for a change.

10 to 15k depending on the bar, plus 100 to 250 lady drinks plus 10 to 15 bar fines.

1 minute ago, rott said:

I am not normally a customer at these places, but they are a part of the world here for farang. 

But at the prices quoted here they deserve a few problems. 

The higher end go go bars you will looking at 1000 to 1500 bar fine plus 3000 to 4000 ST, Jap traps they are called lol or 4, 3, 2s

• Like 2