BANGKOK
OneMoreFarang

How many go-go-bars will survive the next months?

3 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I watched a video today from Walking Street last night, mostly girls and very few foreign men. Not sure how much longer these bars can continue paying staff with so few customers. The freelancer bars/clubs rely on the men spending money as the girls just nurse their drinks all night waiting for a guy to buy them more.

A lot of the girls in bars now have sponsors, and working freelance.  They will soon realise the higher cost of living for them in Pattaya, with no customers, is not worth them being here, and they will leave the bar.

Some may try working off the apps, some will just go back to their family.      

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, moe666 said:

I have a friend who works on soi 4 alot of the girls are having a hard time making enough money for transport to soi4. They just stop going to the bar

Never  the busiest of Soi’s at the best of times 

On 7/25/2020 at 8:59 PM, tribalfusion001 said:

I know some go go bars have reopened in Cowboy, not sure how much trade they are getting, looked 50% open in a few videos. I would check myself but I'm 9600km away lol.

The little existing business is mostly outside. Some bars are only open outside.

And in Soi C no-dancing rules are enforced at least sometimes in some bars. In other areas dancing seems to be "allowed".

50-60% of bars were open and running as normal this week in Cowboy (so a friend tells me🤭).

It was actually quite nice, although the busy fronts/outside masked the truth that lie inside.

Beers at 90-100B but lady drinks at 190B.

1 hour ago, 2long said:

50-60% of bars were open and running as normal this week in Cowboy (so a friend tells me🤭).

It was actually quite nice, although the busy fronts/outside masked the truth that lie inside.

Beers at 90-100B but lady drinks at 190B.

Open with, best case, half the business from before.

Some of the people who run the bars own the buildings. They will survive. But those who have to pay high rents...

But prices are very different in the Soi. Someone told me the place with the glass floor charges 240B per lady drink. Ouch!

• Like 1