How many go-go-bars will survive the next months?

1 minute ago, rott said:

I am not normally a customer at these places, but they are a part of the world here for farang. 

But at the prices quoted here they deserve a few problems. 

Yes for farang sex tourists, adulters and losers who never seem to catch on that most of the girls actualy despise them.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

How many go-go-bars will survive the next months?

probably none as there won't be any customers.

no customer = no money = no rent = no staff = close

Edited by blackcab
Font normalised
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Yes for farang sex tourists, adulters and losers who never seem to catch on that most of the girls actualy despise them.

no ... but they say ' your the only one '  and they love them

9 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

10 to 15k depending on the bar, plus 100 to 250 lady drinks plus 10 to 15 bar fines.

Bars that pay 10 - 15K salary the girls will have to make probably 300 lady drinks ( don't know the exact number ) before they earn that 15K, and they will only earn a percentage on the drinks above that  exceed that number.

The bar owner get the bar fines, not the girl

Maybe you thought all gogo girls are multi millionaires?

Edited by Susco

31 minutes ago, eeworldwide said:

100% agree. 

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Stadtler is perplexed by this statement.  Was this meant as a phallic reference?

I am usually not a conspiracy theorist believing in all kind of weird nonsense about hidden government agendas and I do think that the Thai government has generally done a great job in containing Covid-19, no matter if covidiots get that or (more likely) not. 

But I definitely see a possibility that the current Thai governments (national and provincial) are abusing their newly acquired powers to crack down on the sex industry here. Go-go-bars that don't survive might be seen as a big success by them. Of course, I am just speculating here and not accusing anyone in power of any wrongdoings. ???? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Aeiou7 said:

I am usually not a conspiracy theorist believing in all kind of weird nonsense about hidden government agendas and I do think that the Thai government has generally done a great job in containing Covid-19, no matter if covidiots get that or (more likely) not. 

But I definitely see a possibility that the current Thai governments (national and provincial) are abusing their newly acquired powers to crack down on the sex industry here. Go-go-bars that don't survive might be seen as a big success by them. Of course, I am just speculating here and not accusing anyone in power of any wrongdoings. ???? 

How much do you want to bet that it's a self-righteous spinster wife, behind a cucked husband politician, that is making a lot of these decisions?

9 minutes ago, A1Str8 said:

None of them. Traditional ways of entertainment are getting replaced by new ones regardless of the convid. 

I like your definition of "traditional". ????

I guess I am an old guy who likes traditions.

• Haha 1

The bars will survive. It's just a pause button for the moment. There's too much money to be made when times get back to normal for most owners to not hang on.

And times will get back to normal. For those who see a conspiracy remember the Bkk rezoning done not too long which kept all the designated entertainment areas. And NEP did a major renovation after that. And a new bar complex opened between Soi 5 and 7 to boot. So clearly the authorities are not in a missionary position over the bars (did you like that pun?).

And the new breed of gogo bar attendees from what I saw last is less farang and more Chinese/Indian FIT young males. They'll be back in their hordes as soon as this damned pandemic is over. And the Japanese and the Koreans will bubble back sooner than later.

So, there's your rosy report for the day.

• Like 2

My impression is that the majority of the businesses in Nana gogo bars, as well as the establishments in soi Cowboy and on Bangla road, rely more on tourists wanting to visit the supposedly sexy dirty night scene than they actually rely on prostitution.  These places are an obvious draw for tourism and generate a lot of income. Letting them all die would probably be a mistake, even in the bigger scheme of things. And I haven’t even touched on the financial consequences of the greatest moneymakers In these bars being without an income. They’re like mini-factories for their families and home villages.

• Like 2